Training Camp... Who will you be watching?

PackerChef

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this on another forum and thought that it would be a great conversation starter. Now that the draft is over, who are you going to be paying attention to during training camp, OTAs, and preseason. Position battles or just a player that you are intrigued by and want to see how they perform.

For me I'm very intrigued by the safety battle, the developmental WRS, Davon House and how Perry's transition to OLB goes.

Reaction score
  • Dale Moss definitely. He could be a lethal WR/TE. (I believe he will be the 3rd string TE)
  • I also want to see Hayward. How he does through training camp and OTA's will possibly affect what happens to Woodson at the corner position.
  • If Dom feels like Hayward is starting capable, he should look into moving Woodson to Safety.
  • I'll watch Alex Green to see if he could be a nice complement to Starks.
  • The safety Richardson from Vanderbilt. I have heard this guy has the best work ethic. This could be crucial in the long run.
  • Newhouse - his he ready to take on the starter position longterm?
  • Perry - How will he fit in moving to an OLB and making his migration from a 4-3 to a 3-4?
  • Will Worthy impress enough to earn the starting position in week 1? Looks like it with the Hargrove suspension.
  • Can Tori Gurley beat out the Veteran DD for a roster spot or spend another season on the Practice squad?
  • How's Saturday doing? Will he play at the same level that Wells was playing this past season
So many things to get excited about and look forward to :)

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Brooks, Draheim, Lair, Moss, Rivers, Hayward, Gurley, Borel, Smithson, Genus, Sherrod, Worthy, Daniels, Drwal, MD Jennings, House, Zweifel, DJ Williams, Datko, Cobb, Smith, Guy, So'Oto, Saine, Muir, R Taylor, Manning, McMillan (fellow NJ) pretty much everybody

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New draftees, But I think two people that have the best chance to use this off season to improve greatly are going to be Sam Sheilds and Morgan Burnett. I think both of them really were hindered by missing out last year and both of them have shown flashes of what their athleticism is really like if they are in the right spot. Give them another whole year of pounding the playbook and learning from Dom Capers and I think that our secondary will go from a dark void of 20+ yd passes to a Upper half of the NFL unit. The pieces are in place for this defense to make a dramatic step forward and the development of those two will have a big part to play in whether we fail or not.

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

Worthy: I think he's a beast, and probably the smartest pick Ted made. He played really well in a tough Big 10 conference last year, and was one of, if not THE star of that defense.

Manning: As much as it would've killed me a year ago to say it, AJ Hawk stinks. He has no clue, he got paid and lost all ability and intelligence when it comes to playing football. I want to see if Manning and or DJ Smith are ready to send him packing to Indy.

DJ Smith: Read Above

Newhouse: As a fan I have to be able to have confidence that our left tackle can keep at least one of our three QB's from appearing in the Obituary page of the paper.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Gurley/Borel/Moss.......will they find someone to take DDs spot.
House.......didnt play a snap on D last year. Looks to be another Pat Lee.
Neil.........this is his swan song. If he stumbles at all, he's cut.
So'oto....I thought by mid-season last year, he would be starting on the right side. Lots of LBs on the roster, he needs to step up or be cut.
Green.....we need a third down back in this offense, a lot depends on him IMO.
All draft picks......like all years, its the thing to do.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
AJ Hawk - Hopefully Manning or Smith outperforms him for the starting job

Newhouse & Sherrod - Hopefully we'll see if these guys are a long term or short term solution to LT

Worthy - I'm a bit worried about the whole taking plays off bit. Even though it's true everyone takes plays off, it's not something you want a player freely admitting.

Perry - Making the OLB transition
Hayward - Interested to see what he can do
Finley - Are the drops fixed?
Saturday - How much does he still have to offer?
Neal - Is he worth keeping?
Alex Green - Is he talented enough to make our run game worth a damn?
Marcus Rivers - I loved what I saw in the HL tape. Hope to see more
All the RB's we picked up in FA- Hopefully we found a diamond in the rough

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
At training camp I'll be watching this very noticeable blonde in the A-rod jersey that usually sits about 1/3 the way from the south end in the fourth row of bleachers at Nitschke Field. Ogling her is well worth the price of admission. She usually attends the day practice.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
At training camp I'll be watching this very noticeable blonde in the A-rod jersey that usually sits about 1/3 the way from the south end in the fourth row of bleachers at Nitschke Field. Ogling her is well worth the price of admission. She usually attends the day practice.

We will require photographs of said female

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score

That wouldn't be our own GreenBayGal would it?

B-ri

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are so many guys I'm looking forward to seeing, but out of everyone I'm excited to see the new guys that were drafted early to improve this defense. Perry and Worthy are so important this year. We need rookies to step up and be productive this year.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I will be looking at the 6 defensive draft picks, the backup QB's, the running backs, and the injury reports.
:cool:

Members online

Latest posts