Training camp notes

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
A source told the Journal Sentinel that the diagnosis of the team's medical staff early Friday morning was a torn anterior cruciate ligament. The team was awaiting results of more diagnostic tests to confirm their original finding.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269583311.html
Which gets Abby red-shirted his rookie year. Helps alleviate overstaffing while stockpiling at the deepest position.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Abby down, one WR we don't need to worry about. Rejoice Badgers fans, now he definitely won't be cut

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, there's no new information in this report, I guess we have to wait for McCarthy to talk to the media after Family Night to get clarification about Abby's injury (or maybe he won't say anything like yesterday).
The secrecy surrounding injury in the NFL is curious, given the prevalence of them. I like what I've read of Catapult Sports, the company who has a monitoring system for players' training, that the Packers have hired. Fatigue is an important part of injury, and Catapult has a computer monitoring system that pinpoints fatigue points for individual players during workouts. The system has been successful in cutting the injury rate for teams around the world. I look for it to be successful for the Packers as well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Early indication on Lyerla's injury is that he suffered a knee sprain.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Lyerla injury (if serious) could prove to not be the worst thing imho. I don't know I he would have made the roster this year and I would bet he would have been picked up by another team if he was placed on the practice squad. Him being placed on IR while not ideal would guarantee him being on the team for next preseason, when he would have a beter shot at making the roster.

It sounded like drops were the biggest issue with him, an offseason of working on his hands could prove to be beneficial, along with learning the terminology, proper routes, and opposing defenses.

His physical tools are unquestioned and I guess his blocking has been looking much better, working on catching and understanding of the offense might make him a legit starting NFL TE, not just a guy with potential.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His physical tools are unquestioned and I guess his blocking has been looking much better, working on catching and understanding of the offense might make him a legit starting NFL TE, not just a guy with potential.
The play before his ill-fated attempted hurdle last night was a run play and he completely engulfed Carl Bradford on the edge. Not sure if that's a bad play for Bradford or if Lyerla is that good of a run blocker, already. His leap showed really good athleticism, but also not very good judgement... although THAT play put him on many fans' radar (but into the coach's dog-house).

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Colt Lyerla will be out a few weeks with a knee injury making it nearly impossible for him to make the 53.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
With Quarless' good play so far, he looks poised to win the starting spot. This is a good opportunity to put Lyerla on the practice squad and see if he develops.
I got Bostick and Rodgers both over Q. Injuries really hurt in Preseason evals

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts