Training Camp 2019 notes

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if that's the goal the Packers could sign me as well. I can definitely line up at inside linebacker for two games without tackling anybody.

The Raiders rested a ton of their starters. I'm quite sure most of the players that lined up in Winnipeg will be cut before the start of the season.

Mo Hurst played a decent amount, and he's definitely not getting cut.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not endorsing him yet though. Just want to see some more of him.

I would like to see him just one more time (against the Chiefs Thursday), same with Boyle and then nothing but #12 for the remainder of the season, except for mop up duty of course. ;)

Personally, I would be surprised if they kept Boyle over Kizer. Neither of them are very good, but 2 things would make me keep Kizer. First, way more NFL experience and second, Boyle is an easy slide to the PS.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Didn't realize Rubley almost had a completion but the receiver was stripped and the ball popped back up. Not as boneheaded as I remembered.

The boneheaded part came when he waived off MM's call of a QB sneak and improvised to a passing play. It was 3rd and one and even if they hadn't picked up the first down on a sneak, it was still a make-able FG to win the game.

Career suicide for a 3rd string QB to second guess the coach on a game turning play.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was Holmgren

and it was as bone headed of a pass as it could be. Sure it floated down in the vicinity of a GB Packer, but it was floated up and fair game for about 7 different players. Weak floating and back across his body to the middle of the field and up for grabs. It was a boneheaded as you remember. The happenstance a Packer almost caught it was pure luck

H

HardRightEdge

I did get an NFL authentic Brent Hundley jersey for $20 at the end of last season. That might be my new favorite jersey to wear to Lambeau now. If only I'd have gotten an Anthony Dilweg or TJ Rubley back in the day....
What I remember of Dilweg, besides being the grandson of Packer legend Lavvie Dilweg, is he started the 1990 season in place of Majic and in week 1 was NFC Offensive Player of the Week. Triumph of the uncluttered mind a la Clint Longley? After that he was sacked mercilessly and repeatedly. I don't recall the circumstances, but he did not play again after that season. Injury or getting the love of the game knocked out of him?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing I remember about Dilweg is that he could actually play QB. Then I saw him in a rain game and realized he had really small hands and could not handle a wet ball.

Members online

Latest posts