Training Camp 2019 notes

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were able to find a trade partner for Lenzy Pipkins, I would bet my 1st and 2nd born on the fact that Gute was actively trying to find anything he could for him. But it's probably more difficult to find a trade partner for a player that quit on his team because he had to compete for playing time. That's not a good sign.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hundley is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He had troubles with blitz recognition and throwing to the middle of the field. Anything scrambling or to the outside and down the field were often very good. He's still doing that I see. that's not unlike half the starting QB's in the league with strengths and weaknesses and certainly as good or better than most back ups.

I would respectfully disagree on him not being as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Unless we are just talking about a middle of the road to slightly worse, #2 QB?

I think his 11 starts in 2017 are enough evidence.

About the only time Hundley has looked halfway decent, was in preseason games and those don't count.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would respectfully disagree on him not being as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Unless we are just talking about a middle of the road to slightly worse, #2 QB?

I think his 11 starts in 2017 are enough evidence.

About the only time Hundley has looked halfway decent, was in preseason games and those don't count.
I don't think 2017 was all Hundley, at all. and with Rodgers and minus Nelson that same team did about the same. Hundley's issues are the blitz and not floating passes in the middle, he has weaknesses like half the other starting QB's in the league that are significant. Hundley is a back up, and probably better than most teams. He's better than 2 of what we have now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think 2017 was all Hundley, at all. and with Rodgers and minus Nelson that same team did about the same. Hundley's issues are the blitz and not floating passes in the middle, he has weaknesses like half the other starting QB's in the league that are significant. Hundley is a back up, and probably better than most teams. He's better than 2 of what we have now.

I think we could debate back and forth about the virtues or lack there of, of both Brett Hundley and DeShone Kizer, but I think it would feel like debating over which is better, warm Keystone Light or Bush Light. ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were able to find a trade partner for Lenzy Pipkins, I would bet my 1st and 2nd born on the fact that Gute was actively trying to find anything he could for him. But it's probably more difficult to find a trade partner for a player that quit on his team because he had to compete for playing time. That's not a good sign.

There is that but more likely no one was interested in trading for a guy who was likely to be cut anyway. Granted offering a 7th would guarantee he was yours and you wouldn't have to wait out the waiver process but throw in the attitude like you said and GMs are probably thinking they will risk someone jumping their claim. If they get him fine. If not that's fine too. Someone will claim him

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers claim LB Nicholas Grigsby off waivers from the Ravens.

Packers also claim LB(/S) James Folston Jr off waivers from the Carfinals.

ProFootballFocus said:
Raven Greene is the highest graded #Packers player on defense through three weeks of preseason action. Greene is also the 5th highest graded Safety overall (min. 60 snaps).

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we could debate back and forth about the virtues or lack there of, of both Brett Hundley and DeShone Kizer, but I think it would feel like debating over which is better, warm Keystone Light or Bush Light. ;)
But when you're headed up north and YOU were in charge of bringing the cooler of beer for all your buddies but forgot, you swing into 2 horse town with 1 gas station, the only place within 40 minutes of where you're headed and that's all that is available, you roll with it and do the best you can. You have to make it work, because that's what is available at this point.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did get an NFL authentic Brent Hundley jersey for $20 at the end of last season. That might be my new favorite jersey to wear to Lambeau now. If only I'd have gotten an Anthony Dilweg or TJ Rubley back in the day....

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But when you're headed up north and YOU were in charge of bringing the cooler of beer for all your buddies but forgot, you swing into 2 horse town with 1 gas station, the only place within 40 minutes of where you're headed and that's all that is available, you roll with it and do the best you can. You have to make it work, because that's what is available at this point.
So Gute is the gas station manager, Brett is Keystone and Kizer is BLD? :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
*Buuuurp!* Gute Day gentlemen!

Let's hope we don't run out of our #12 Ley Diamante Pasion Azteca Platinum Tequila* and end up having to serve that crap you brought to the party!

*Ley Diamante Pasion Azteca Platinum Tequila:

PRICE: $3.5 million

The world's most expensive tequila is made from the pure sap of the blue agave plant, fermented, distilled and aged for six years before bottled in a specially designed gold-and-platinum bottle by Mexican artist Alejandro Gomez Oropeza. Only 33 bottles were ever produced.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did get an NFL authentic Brent Hundley jersey for $20 at the end of last season. That might be my new favorite jersey to wear to Lambeau now. If only I'd have gotten an Anthony Dilweg or TJ Rubley back in the day....

Memories....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Anthony Dilweg

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TJ Rubley, the other #12....

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you'd have some nice shots for you weekend, but nothing to last for the 30 years of cabin going

H

HardRightEdge

*Buuuurp!* Gute Day gentlemen!

Let's hope we don't run out of our #12 Ley Diamante Pasion Azteca Platinum Tequila* and end up having to serve that crap you brought to the party!

*Ley Diamante Pasion Azteca Platinum Tequila:

PRICE: $3.5 million

The world's most expensive tequila is made from the pure sap of the blue agave plant, fermented, distilled and aged for six years before bottled in a specially designed gold-and-platinum bottle by Mexican artist Alejandro Gomez Oropeza. Only 33 bottles were ever produced.
The worm wears a tiny chinchilla jacket. Prada I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great. The Negative Nancy's shouldn't have anything to complain about now that the Packers have hit the free agent market hard

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Tyson gone, that leaves Jamerson and Matthews for Safety. I'm not big on either but Jamerson looks better than Matthews.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not suggesting we trade for Alonso, but if he is cut by the Dolphins as a cap casualty I think he'd be perfect as a fill in if we are shallow at ILB. I know he primarily has played OLB, but with his 6'3 239 frame I think he can do what Clay used to do when he moved inside..

Well, if that's the goal the Packers could sign me as well. I can definitely line up at inside linebacker for two games without tackling anybody.

Actually, I don't know that. The raider announcers seemed high on a lot of those D linemen.

The Raiders rested a ton of their starters. I'm quite sure most of the players that lined up in Winnipeg will be cut before the start of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if that's the goal the Packers could sign me as well. I can definitely line up at inside linebacker for two game without tackling anybody.

The Raiders rested a ton of their starters. I'm quite sure most of the players that lined up in Winnipeg will be cut before the start of the season.
My original point was that Kizer did not have much of a chance to do well because of the O line he had. I think 4 or 5 of them will not make our team either. Kizer has been showing me some poise lately. He has a beautiful touch on screen passes and can throw the medium long pass well with timing. He sure needs to get a handle on deep passes. Not endorsing him yet though. Just want to see some more of him.

D

Deleted member 6794

My original point was that Kizer did not have much of a chance to do well because of the O line he had. I think 4 or 5 of them will not make our team either.

I agree that it's tough to fairly evaluate quarterback play during the preseason considering they are most protected by offensive linemen who won't make a roster.

H

HardRightEdge

With Tyson gone, that leaves Jamerson and Matthews for Safety. I'm not big on either but Jamerson looks better than Matthews.
And Will Redmond, a 2016 3rd. round pick plagued by injuries. 2016 IR-knee, 2017 waived/injured-ankle, 2018 IR-shoulder.

Members online

Latest posts