Training Camp 2019 notes

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, the optimism is thick this year.

Today's standouts ( according to Andy Herman)

Jawill Davis
Darrius Shepherd
Rashan Gary
Teo Redding
Kingsley Keke
Kabion Ento
Jamaal Willams
Manny Wilkins
Blake Martinez
Kyler Fackrell

I dont know 3 of these guys

Martinez picked off AR

Kizer picked up where he left off (this is a bad thing)

Crosby injured

King healthy but Josh Jackson out. Will our DBs ever all be healthy?

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had considered going, but in the middle of floor/trim/doors project in the house, well finishing. But now sidetracked with tree and roof projects :) Doubt I'll be making it over there.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have signed RB Corey Grant. The running back has spent the past four seasons with Jaguars rushing for 454 yards on 81 attempts (5.6 average) and three touchdowns in Jacksonville. In addition he caught 18 passes for 156 yards and a TD.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Everything I've seen or read suggested that the defense was flying around making plays, and made things very difficult on the offense yesterday. Makes sense given that the new offense is going to take some time before it fires on all cylinders, but I'm encouraged with some of the snippets I've seen regarding the defense.

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers have signed RB Corey Grant. The running back has spent the past four seasons with Jaguars rushing for 454 yards on 81 attempts (5.6 average) and three touchdowns in Jacksonville. In addition he caught 18 passes for 156 yards and a TD.
The Packers also signed an ex-Badger, DL Olive Sagapolu. DL Eric Cotton was released. Daniels opened the other roster spot.

H

HardRightEdge

Special teams, maybe. 41 KO returns as a pro, 23.6 average. No punt returns in college or pros.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read on Packers.com that LaFleur is having all of the receivers take reps with Aaron. I really like that idea. The receivers can start building some chemistry with Rodgers and each gets a chance to show what they can do.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just left practice. Quick notes.

Gary is amazing.
QB wilkins missed accuracy drill repeatedly. By a lot.
Cosby is not going to lose his job. At least not to this other kicker.

Will post more later.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kudos to Lancaster. Before a 2 man blocking sleds drill, he stood explaining the technique to new DL sapulolo before their run.

No clear leader for OLBs. Maybe Frack or ZSmith. Used to be Matthew's keeping tempo and everyone going. He was like another coach.

Clark, Lancaster stood out in DL.

Mostly saw DL and OLBs. Saw some offense and DBs do 11 on 11. WR Davis did well with Kizer.

Aaron Jones made great diving catch in endzone. Bobbled it but must have caught it. I thought he dropped, but other WRs were high 5ing him after.

Keke did not look like a rookie. Seemed to be really going at it.

I dont like all the music. I would think it messes up concentration on learning. But the practice was more uptempo than under MM. Guys running to drills.

No clear leader on DL with Daniel's gone. May be Lancaster believe it or not. Lowry as well. Clark is fairly quiet. I was right next to DL for about 10 mins. Damn music or I would have heard conversation.

Pass rush drill Gary looked very good. Clark was tossing guys around like rag dolls. I think he looks quicker and stronger. Should have a big year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis has been around enough, if he can come on as a WR that would nice. I heard some rumblings before he was looking a lot better in that role, but it's just words early in the season mostly from OTA's. Never know how much to believe so I usually don't believe any LOL

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kudos to Lancaster. Before a 2 man blocking sleds drill, he stood explaining the technique to new DL sapulolo before their run.

No clear leader for OLBs. Maybe Frack or ZSmith. Used to be Matthew's keeping tempo and everyone going. He was like another coach.

Clark, Lancaster stood out in DL.

Mostly saw DL and OLBs. Saw some offense and DBs do 11 on 11. WR Davis did well with Kizer.

Aaron Jones made great diving catch in endzone. Bobbled it but must have caught it. I thought he dropped, but other WRs were high 5ing him after.

Keke did not look like a rookie. Seemed to be really going at it.

I dont like all the music. I would think it messes up concentration on learning. But the practice was more uptempo than under MM. Guys running to drills.

No clear leader on DL with Daniel's gone. May be Lancaster believe it or not. Lowry as well. Clark is fairly quiet. I was right next to DL for about 10 mins. Damn music or I would have heard conversation.

Pass rush drill Gary looked very good. Clark was tossing guys around like rag dolls. I think he looks quicker and stronger. Should have a big year.
Thanks for the camp update Amish! Well done!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
This Defense could really be friggen good if Gary and company pan out.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People should expect a struggling offense this early. It’s a new offense and day 3 of camp. It’s not going to be a finished product even when October hits

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People should expect a struggling offense this early. It’s a new offense and day 3 of camp. It’s not going to be a finished product even when October hits
oh absolutely. totally expected. it's the learning curve that's been spoken about. that's one reason the first 5 games are so daunting. 0-5 would be effectively kill the season. got to get most of it ironed out in the preseason.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder if we will see them running a higher % of the 1st team Offense during preseason? (whereas in some past preseason games we rarely see the O starters)

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, and a guy who can play on more than just STs.

Davis, being the best returner on the team as well as excelling in coverage on opposing returns, has far more impact than the sixth receiver on the depth chart.

oh absolutely. totally expected. it's the learning curve that's been spoken about. that's one reason the first 5 games are so daunting. 0-5 would be effectively kill the season.

It's truly refreshing having an optimist like you on the forum ;)

I wonder if we will see them running a higher % of the 1st team Offense during preseason? (whereas in some past preseason games we rarely see the O starters)

With a new coaching staff in place I fully expect the starting offense to play a lot more snaps in preseason than in past years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh absolutely. totally expected. it's the learning curve that's been spoken about. that's one reason the first 5 games are so daunting. 0-5 would be effectively kill the season. got to get most of it ironed out in the preseason.
I expect them to struggle at times, but not be completely inept. There is some stability on the Oline and enough vets at QB, WR, RB to make plays enough to win any or all of those first 5 games.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasnt seated well for the 11 on 11 drills. I saw Jaire make a play on a ball that looked like an easy reception. He found a higher gear and exploded on the ball. Very impressive. But it looked like there could have been a few sacks. QBs were wearing red jerseys of course. Not sure if function of poor OL or great DL. Saw a couple nice offensive completions.

Based on DL vrs OL - 1 on 1s, the DL had the upper hand.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

I would hope so. As Rodgers has played almost squat in the pre season past few years. He needs to play way more to build chemistry with the new guys.

Members online

Latest posts