Training camp 2017 notes and observations.

D

Deleted member 6794

Geez, here we go again. :rolleyes:

I didn't see anything about Yancey... what happened?

Yancey missed yesterday's practice because of a groin injury he either suffered vs. the Eagles or over the weekend.

I'd be curious if other team forums think their teams are alway injured, or if it's just the Packers. It certainly seems like we have bad luck with injuries, but are we really worse than most other teams?

The Packers suffered a lot of injuries from 2010-13 but since then have actually been pretty healthy compared to other teams.

Of course by reading this forum you might be inclined to believe Green Bay is the only club in the league being hit by injuries.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
why so hostile?
Sorry if you took it as being hostile. Didn't mean it to be. I get annoyed when people use condescending terms, phrases and tone in regards to decisions made by management and staff while having only miniscule information to work with.

Reaction score
Sorry if you took it as being hostile. Didn't mean it to be. I get annoyed when people use condescending terms, phrases and tone in regards to decisions made by management and staff while having only miniscule information to work with.
*type out comment*
*delete comment*
*type out comment*
*delete comment*
*read again, go back and read original interaction, shake head at screen*
*use "Put Me On Ignore" for first time*

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yancey missed yesterday's practice because of a groin injury he either suffered vs. the Eagles or over the weekend.
With the abundance of NFL-caliber WR's on the roster and the recent WR injuries could easily see TT "stashing" both Yancey & Dupree on IR and protecting them for next year when there may be a few open roster spots?

D

Deleted member 6794

With the abundance of NFL-caliber WR's on the roster and the recent WR injuries could easily see TT "stashing" both Yancey & Dupree on IR and protecting them for next year when there may be a few open roster spots?

The rules don't allow to stash a player on injured reserve all season with a minor injury.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wouldn't consider Dupree's near-decapitation minor, and groin injuries have been know to persist for many, many weeks. ;)

You have to consider the player and his agent having to agree to such a move as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers injury report:

New injuries: S Jermaine Whitehead (hip), TE Aaron Peck (neck), LS Derek Hart (illness).

Still out: WR Colby Pearson (ankle) WR DeAngelo Yancey (groin) WR Malachi Dupre (concussion) CB Damarious Randall (concussion) CB Davon House (hamstring) CB Demetri Goodson (knee) OLB Vince Biegel (foot) G Don Barclay (ankle) RB Ty Montgomery (lower leg) DT Montravius Adams (foot).

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that Goode will be the long snapper and the Packers have released Hart.

D

Deleted member 6794

In addition the Packers have released WR Colby Pearson and RB William Stanback. Therefore the roster currently stands at 87 players.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
While I'm sure a lot of the reasoning for signing Bennett and Kendricks was to provide more depth and security at the tight end position, I fully expect to see more 12 personnel utilized this season, especially if the Packers are able to establish more of a running game.

The potential opportunities for play action bombs greatly increase in that scenario. Plus it allows Rodgers to utilize his rolling ability more naturally with misdirection.

How much more remains to be seen. But I refuse to believe that it wouldn't at least be a noticeable increase if nothing else.
We've had much discussion about the role of Cobb, and the usage of multiple tight ends.

FWIW, there's this:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/p...ean-less-action-for-randall-cobb-but-thats-ok

Again, I feel as if Cobb is an irreplaceable piece of the puzzle for this year's team and I am in no way minimizing his importance. But the offense has so much more flexibility now with what it will be able to do. So this reiterates my belief that the usage of two tight ends will at least be a noticeable increase this season, and if that results in Cobb being on the field a few snaps less, I think it will be to the benefit of the Packers, and to Cobb's health.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not practicing for the Packers today:

Clinton-Dix
Whitehead
Goodson
Matthews (McCarthy says not a long term concern)
Perry
Tripp
Patrick
Barclay
Bulaga
Elliot
M. Adams

House and Lowry back as full participants.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not practicing for the Packers today:

Clinton-Dix
Whitehead
Goodson
Matthews (McCarthy says not a long term concern)
Perry
Tripp
Patrick
Barclay
Bulaga
Elliot
M. Adams

House and Lowry back as full participants.

Matthews dropped out of Saturday's game at Denver because of groin tightness. I believe Biegel didn't practice today either.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most workplaces would rather you pull your groin at home than at your desk.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts