Training camp 2017 notes and observations.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can make it appear that way all they want but "best personnel" speaks otherwise. I personally like Jordy in the slot more kind of like Zona uses Fitz. Jordy, Bennett, Kendricks all inside will be a handful for any opponent along with Monty motioning out who is a bigger Cobb. Then you have more speed with T.Davis outside and a nice posession guy with Adams when he is playing well with Allison backing those two up.

I just don't see where Cobb gets a bunch of snaps. Plus Cobb gets nicked up a lot. Unless someone else gets hurt i just don't see Cobb having a big season.
Lots of weapons with lots of fun combinations, arent there? Rodgers probably having trouble sleeping at night excited thinking about it.

Slot receivers need to be be able to make quick cuts because they deal with more traffic. Cobb fits that mold perfectly. I like Jordy outside as he is a long strider. He can use his speed to stretch the field.

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually could see a benefit to blindfolding CBs, especially if you want to get them focus solely on their footwork.

As for not seeing potential in Lowry, he earned a reputation for intensity in T Camp last year and he showed plenty of ability on the field down the stretch last season. Not sure why anyone sees timidness. Besides training up skills isn't about acting like a pro wrestler, drills are where players can work on fine tuning technique. It's kind of like a hot pitching prospect pitching 5+ ERA in double A. Is it because he isn't that good or is it because he really could mow batters down with his fastball and slider but coaches want him to work on his breaking pitches and maybe figure out a cutter.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of weapons with lots of fun combinations, arent there? Rodgers probably having trouble sleeping at night thinking about it.

Slot receivers need to be be able to make quick cuts because they deal with more traffic. Cobb fits that mold perfectly. I like Jordy outside as he is a long strider. He can use his speed to stretch the field.
. I think TE will be featured and so slot won't really be that big a deal jordy runs slants pretty good.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I have heard and seen he's not overly aggressive hell he finished almost last in lineman challenge,I'm just saying because he was drafted doesn't mean he has potential look at Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker cut five times might be on way to HOF

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, that one has me worried a bit. I'm not a doctor, nor by any means knowledgeable about Jones Fractures, but some of the articles I read didn't paint a rosy picture of athletes being able to consistently and fully recover from the injury. Could be an issue for Biegel, that could ultimately derail his career. Fingers crossed.

I have posted a few times on his draft section thread about the injury.

In a nut shell @ Wis, they didnt fix it properly. GB spent over 100K to fix it, using bone morrow and stem cell to fix it properly. They are confident this wont be an on going issue.

He has gained 25# by the very strict training schedule, supplements and work out routine the Packers have him on.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have posted a few times on his draft section thread about the injury.

In a nut shell @ Wis, they didnt fix it properly. GB spent over 100K to fix it, using bone morrow and stem cell to fix it properly. They are confident this wont be an on going issue.

He has gained 25# by the very strict training schedule, supplements and work out routine the Packers have him on.

Wait he has gained 25 pounds?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Sounds like Trevor Davis had a rough day. Dropped a pass in the EZ, muffed a punt, and was on the ground for a while after laying out for a catch.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Other Twitter gleanings:
  • Montgomery struggled in pass pro. This is a concern area for him. Evidently looked good running the ball.
  • Sandland coughed up a fumble-- if there's much of that going on, Rodgers will be safe.
  • New OL additions, Evans and Amichia, impressed in pass pro drills.
  • Clark and Lowry got a look as the starting interior duo.
  • King stayed with the 1st team on the outside, but Rollins got a look with the starters in the slot.
  • Jones and Thomas made some impressive plays against the run.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard Josh Jones was a force to be reckoned with and Rollins was smothering Cobb all day, not giving him an inch.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I highly doubt Cobb will play fewer snaps on offense as the coaching staff has been adamant about getting the ball in his hands more often this season.

If they plan to use their two TE acquisitions at the same time, someone at WR is going to give up some snaps.

H

HardRightEdge

I'm guessing that Clark and Lowry play a similar number of snaps this season. Their skill sets compliment each other really well.
Clark will be another first round disappointment if he doesn't take significantly more snaps than Lowry.

H

HardRightEdge

. I think TE will be featured and so slot won't really be that big a deal jordy runs slants pretty good.
Nelson has always been productive out of the slot. It's not a staple, but I'd expect to see him get snaps there again. Adams is money on the short slat; he's got an out fake/in break that's very quick; you should be seeing that in the red zone again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Clark will be another first round disappointment if he doesn't take significantly more snaps than Lowry.

I disagree. DL is the most heavily rotated position in the league. ~70% of the snaps is pretty typical for starters. Whether or not Clark is a disappointment to me will depend on how he performs when he's on the field, not whether his snap % is comparable to Lowry's.

H

HardRightEdge

I disagree. DL is the most heavily rotated position in the league. ~70% of the snaps is pretty typical for starters. Whether or not Clark is a disappointment to me will depend on how he performs when he's on the field, not whether his snap % is comparable to Lowry's.
I'm not sure whether you're underestimating the value of a first round pick (Thompson/Capers seem to have lowered the bar) or overestimating Lowry's value. Clark should be getting about a 60% snap count in year 2 (Daniels logged 64% last season, for example) if he's living up to his draft status. You would expect a guy who can play run and rush the passer out of the first round.

Lowry is a rotational guy.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether you're underestimating the value of a first round pick (Thompson/Capers seem to have lowered the bar) or overestimating Lowry's value. Clark should be getting about a 60% snap count in year 2 (Daniels logged 64% last season, for example) if he's living up to his draft status. You would expect a guy who can play run and rush the passer out of the first round.

Lowry is a rotational guy.
Got to remember Clark was a project player. In that he was only 20 years old last year...

Members online

Latest posts