Training camp 2017 notes and observations.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
King has apparently been struggling BIG time in camp. I know he got a late start and he's a bit banged up right now, but blegh. Guess you can't expect a rookie CB to come through right out of the gate.

Yes he has. Grabbing all over the place.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Everyone was pretty high in king. Fans, front office, and talking heads. He has the ability, we just have to wait and see what it becomes. Would t surprise me at all to know they are testing him hard and often to see how he learns, how he holds up physically and mentally, and then mold him into a quality back. Struggles right now are ok.

Either way, he's not going to be what we need by taking it easy on him.

Seems like a trend of recent Pac 12 defensive players. Should of grabbed Mixon when had the chance.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes he has. Grabbing all over the place.

Seems like a trend of recent Pac 12 defensive players. Should of grabbed Mixon when had the chance.

Yeah, might as well draft the guy who will do the clutching and grabbing off the field ;)

Just a little humor that you set yourself up for, I hope Mixon has his life together.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don Barclay won't be able to practice this week and has been ruled out for Saturday's game at Washington.

Damarious Randall and Malachi Dupre are still in the concussion protocol and not expected to be ready for week 2 of the preseason either.

McCarthy added that Vince Biegel most likely will stay on the PUP list for another week.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Jones carted off the field smh. Foot/ankle injury. Montgomery didn't suit up today either.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Jones carted off the field smh. Foot/ankle injury. Montgomery didn't suit up today either.
So our two hybrid freak athletes both go down same day.....

I was waiting for this day... damn...

Any word since he got carted off?

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a lower leg injury for Ty Montgomery and groin injury for Deanelo Yancey.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's a lower leg injury for Ty Montgomery and groin injury for Deanelo Yancey.

I don't expect either injury to be severe as McCarthy didn't rule out one of them for Saturday's game though.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you serious??? :eek: I can't believe...no wait I can believe. No offense to the undrafteds but if we have to have injuries why can it be someone who is not being counted on.

Viper556

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be curious if other team forums think their teams are alway injured, or if it's just the Packers. It certainly seems like we have bad luck with injuries, but are we really worse than most other teams?

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be curious if other team forums think their teams are alway injured, or if it's just the Packers. It certainly seems like we have bad luck with injuries, but are we really worse than most other teams?
No, I live in SoCal, Chargers best receiver is hurt every year, lbs hurt, OL hurt, I read every year how injuries keep them from winning division. Also get to read about Rams, 9'ers, Cards... you get my drift.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should start a Janis thread... :whistling:

But Yea. Of course Janis is going to do great since Davis, Yancy, mccaffery, Clark are all doing their best to earn a spot. Add Janis, and the rookie dupree who was looking good before the ko.
That list added to our top 4 wrs we already have...
It's kind of silly how many dang darn wrs we have right now...
My guess is Jordy, Adams, Cobb, Davis ,yancy,Clark, aaaaaand mccaffery? Rodgers seems to like clark. That's his ticket in. Mccaffery in my guess, out played Allison. Davis kick returned for td, lock him in unless he implodes. Yancy is a 5th rounder who looked good so far...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
"...43 minutes, six points, six rebounds, nine fouls..."

Physical guy. ;)

6 points every 43 minutes, I will take that....1 TD every 3 quarters! Rookie of the year like numbers!

Sounds maybe like the Packers need to put him on the PS and do a "Herb Waters switch" and make a CB out of him. Can you imagine a 6'6" CB that plays THAT physical! ;)

H

HardRightEdge

6 points every 43 minutes, I will take that....1 TD every 3 quarters! Rookie of the year like numbers!

Sounds maybe like the Packers need to put him on the PS and do a "Herb Waters switch" and make a CB out of him. Can you imagine a 6'6" CB that plays THAT physical! ;)
PS? Probably.

CB? The only question is whether he has the hips for it. ;)

Members online

Latest posts