Trades I would make to improve the Packers.

FiercePierce6

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? Seriously?

I wouldn't trade Finely for any other TE in the league. He is the next Antonio Gates. If you look at both of them there about the same size, both have great hands, and Finley can plow over any DB in the league except Bob Sanders ;). And Jennings, why in the world would we trade him? He's a great receiver with tremendous talent. Sure he dropped a few passes last year, but that doesn't mean get rid of him. I honestly think He'll be a top ten receiver this year. I understand where your coming from as far as improving the D. It's getting old in a lot of places. I really hope Burnett will help us out at safety and I really believe he will, especially with Collins and Woodson showing him the ropes. Clay is great. Barnett is great. We need to draft young DB's next year. I love Woodson and Harris but there getting up there. Although I think Woodson will be productive at least another couple of years.

But to trade two of our best weapons for soon to be best QB in the league would be foolish to say the least. :viksux:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if you dont want that kind player on your team I have a feeling your going to hate Finley next season

Yeah, I have the same feeling. I already stated in a previous thread that I felt he needed to learn some humility. The guy is a beast and deserves to be paid, but I hope he doesn't become an ******* about it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the same feeling. I already stated in a previous thread that I felt he needed to learn some humility. The guy is a beast and deserves to be paid, but I hope he doesn't become an ******* about it.

I would point out Javon Walkers career to Finley but he made a boat load of money so that doesnt really work. Mike Mckenzie maybe?

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Finely for any other TE in the league. He is the next Antonio Gates. If you look at both of them there about the same size, both have great hands, and Finley can plow over any DB in the league except Bob Sanders ;). And Jennings, why in the world would we trade him? He's a great receiver with tremendous talent. Sure he dropped a few passes last year, but that doesn't mean get rid of him. I honestly think He'll be a top ten receiver this year. I understand where your coming from as far as improving the D. It's getting old in a lot of places. I really hope Burnett will help us out at safety and I really believe he will, especially with Collins and Woodson showing him the ropes. Clay is great. Barnett is great. We need to draft young DB's next year. I love Woodson and Harris but there getting up there. Although I think Woodson will be productive at least another couple of years.

But to trade two of our best weapons for soon to be best QB in the league would be foolish to say the least. :viksux:
I never said I would trade both. I said I would be willing to trade one of them for either Revis or Willis to shore up the defense. I repeat I'm willing to ONLY TRADE ONE OF THEM. Go back and read the original post. I'm not trying to deplete the offense from ALL of its weapons. What I'm trying to accomplish with this trade is an overall more balanced team. As it stands now I don't think the defense can stop an offense with a good quarterback. They proved that last year. This team is starting to remind me of the 80's Packers. High powered pass happy offense. ****ey throwing to Lofton, Jefferson and Colfman(spelling?). One of the most potent, high scoring offenses in the league. Problem was no running game, lousy defense. Very entertaining and fun to watch but finished 8-8 each year.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis and Willis are already stars. It's just a matter of where you would rather have your stars either cornerback/outside linebacker or at the wide receiver/tight end position. As far as your coment that the defense will be fine, did you watch the Pittsburgh, 2 Minnesota and Cardinal playoff games last year. Every time this defense went up against a good quarterback it got shredded. Also where's the pass rush(other than Matthews) going to come from. Anybody who thinks this defense will be just fine is drinking the green and gold kool-aid

yes i did see those games, and that was last season. this is a very different defense this year. they are in the second year in capers system, we drafted mike neal who can put TONS of pressure on very good qbs this year. like manning a few days ago, neal was getting alot of pressure on manning. we drafted burnett, a ball hawking saftey who picked off peyton manning (should have picked him off twice) did you see the post game interview with manning, he didnt even know what to say, he was so pissed that he frowned and pouted and muttered words under his breath. i guess our ****** defense got to him one way or another. and keep in mind that the defense is not showing anything yet this pre season and wont until the regular season.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with SpartaChris on this-

You don't break up team chemistry for divas. You just don't do it. Now if we were to trade Lee or a guy like him plus a pick for a good player (not superstar), I'd be ok with that. I just think it makes no sense to dismantle an offense that is gelling well for a guy who may or may not work out.

Sure Revis is a great corner, but he is way to high on himself and it is very early in his career. He has the wrong attitude for the Packers IMO.

Willis. Sure, if we were able to get him, I wouldn't see much down side. I honestly think that we would have to give SF half of our offense to get him however, and that just isn't worth it.

I think once the Packers fields the entire starting defense everyone will settle down.

Besides, Frank Zombo is going to mash the hell out of everybody anyway! ;):box:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need to pay Revis a billion dollars. Just cut Bush and Bell and draft a corner next year in the first round, play Zombo more and fire our special teams coach.
Try again.
We can't draft and develop CBs here for some reason.
Either TT doesn't evaluate that position right, or our DB coaches suck.

But the only 2 good CBs we have had in Ted's 6 years are guys who were drafted/developed elsewhere, in Charles and Al.
Use Free agency and trade to fill that position for now on. Stop pounding our heads against the wall over and over.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow somebody finally mentions this and i whole heartedly AGREE! all these other cbs really are lack luster. tramon williams is starting to remind me of bush. and i will also throw in that if bush makes this team Im going to throw a brick at the tv when it happens. this guy is the most worthless player ive seen. shields is better than bush is RIGHT NOW and he hasnt gotten his feet wet. dbacks coach must be clueless at developing these guys. as far as trading - a better idea is ryan grant than jennings or finley, and I could live without jones and nelson. need another bonafide corner in green bay period. and fa is the only way theyre going to get em.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we haven't done a good job finding CB replacements, but let's be honest here- Guys like Revis, Bailey, Asomougha, Woodson and to a lesser extent Harris are a rarity in the NFL. Most CB's aren't "shut down corners." We've been lucky to have two of the best in the league on our team for years, but that said, outside of the five listed above, can you name one "shut down" corner playing for another team without looking it up?

Most CB's are average at best. You make up for it with a good pass rush, which we'll have this year.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Try again.
We can't draft and develop CBs here for some reason.
Either TT doesn't evaluate that position right, or our DB coaches suck.

But the only 2 good CBs we have had in Ted's 6 years are guys who were drafted/developed elsewhere, in Charles and Al.
Use Free agency and trade to fill that position for now on. Stop pounding our heads against the wall over and over.

That is exactly what we need to do. TRY AGAIN !!!! Who was the highest corner we have drafted in the last few years????? Pat Lee???? Charles was not drafted by us and neither was Al Harris. Personally, I have never been a big Al Harris fan. He does ok but it seemed there for awhile.......he was getting smoked on a consistant basis. What do you think he is going to be like after being out for almost a year, being a year older, and coming off major knee surgery? Don't get me wrong. I would love to see him out on the field doing well.......but I am just trying to be realistic. We need to stop ******** around and draft a DB in the first round next year. A guy who doesn't have off field issues, doesn't have a history of injuries and is at least 5' 11". No little people.

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO WAY I would trade Jennings. This guy exemplifies perserverence, he is an amazing all around player and guy. I am just surprised that with all the talk around how good this team is, it hasnt enticed any free agent defensive backs to come over.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO WAY I would trade Jennings. This guy exemplifies perserverence, he is an amazing all around player and guy. I am just surprised that with all the talk around how good this team is, it hasnt enticed any free agent defensive backs to come over.

You wouldnt trade jennings for revis or willis? Thats like a jets fan saying they wouldnt trade Mark Sanchez for Aaron Rodgers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wouldnt trade jennings for revis or willis? Thats like a jets fan saying they wouldnt trade Mark Sanchez for Aaron Rodgers.
Make no mistake.

Greg Jennings is VITAL to the offense. He is the deep treat. Sure, Driver can get deep, and Jordy can get deep, but it's not the same thing.

Without Greg, the D can play way closer to the LOS, and make things much more difficult. Compare the first 2 preseason games to the Colts game. Yes, Rodgers is fantastic, but it was another game...

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everyone seems to forget that aside from the minnesota games, where capers played with kiddie gloves imo, the big qbs that lit us up all happened after our secondary wass harshly depleted from injury. while tramon may not be an a-caliber starting corner hes almost there and he's an outstanding nickelback once al is back. he really has stepped up. i like shields in the nickelback though hes a bit raw, he looks better than the other group of clowns we have.

honestly. the cb position is the only place i really see big questions/problems right now (and those are questions about 3rd stringers) and how many teams can say that?

Members online

Latest posts