Trade Rumors

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently 3 teams are actively talking with the Packers about Corey Williams. Denver, New Orleans and Atlanta. Says talks are going on mostly with Atlanta and would shake out something like this:

Our 2nd rounder and CW for Atlanta's 2nd and a pick/player.

Man, would it be nice to get into the top 4 picks in the 2nd? And as far as the player, probably more of a depth guy.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently 3 teams are actively talking with the Packers about Corey Williams. Denver, New Orleans and Atlanta. Says talks are going on mostly with Atlanta and would shake out something like this:

Man, would it be nice to get into the top 4 picks in the 2nd? And as far as the player, probably more of a depth guy.

Why not our first rounder and CW for Atlanta's 1st rounder? IF they haven't traded it...

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

Why not our first rounder and CW for Atlanta's 1st rounder? IF they haven't traded it...

I dont like the idea of trading a proven player just to go up a few spots on the first round.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a multitude of picks would better suit this team over a high first rounder.

A 2nd from Atlanta would be nice and their 3rd. I'm not aware of any players on their team that could significantly help GB, except for maybe Deangelo Hall.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We move a player, granted a quality player, to move up from the early 60s to the early 30s...a good move. Hell, Williams is gone after this year anyway, if a long-term contract is not in the offing...which I believe is not.

What if the player is Jerrius Norwood. I would LOVE to have him!

Besides, if TT is pulling this trade, there is a very specific player he hopes to land, and at this point I completely trust his judgement on the talent front.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with DeAngelo Hall making so much noise, I really can't envision Atlanta getting into any trade talks without trying to include Hall in the deal.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a multitude of picks would better suit this team over a high first rounder.

A 2nd from Atlanta would be nice and their 3rd. I'm not aware of any players on their team that could significantly help GB, except for maybe Deangelo Hall.

I agree.

But the Giants were interested in Hall until he was asking for 10 million. He isnt worth that here. I would like to get a quality FA CB that would help as a back up if or when Harris/Woodson gets hurt.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hall is a malcontent ******* who should be an automatic deal killer if they make him part of the package.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not saying we should get hall or even try to, i'm just saying that i would think that atlanta would try like hell to include him in any and every trade package they offer.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We move a player, granted a quality player, to move up from the early 60s to the early 30s...a good move. Hell, Williams is gone after this year anyway, if a long-term contract is not in the offing...which I believe is not.

What if the player is Jerrius Norwood. I would LOVE to have him!

Besides, if TT is pulling this trade, there is a very specific player he hopes to land, and at this point I completely trust his judgement on the talent front.

I don't think the Falcons are dumb enough to give Norwood away...wait a tick - they gave us Brett Favre...

Maybe there's hope after all.

Green Bay could fleece them twice in the past 20 years.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I doubt Corey Wiliiams would move us from number 30 to number 3.

Highly doubt that. But McFadden would look good in Green and Gold.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigfog said:

I doubt Corey Wiliiams would move us from number 30 to number 3.

Highly doubt that. But McFadden would look good in Green and Gold.

I was thinking their 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder, not the number 3 overall. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Williams is good, but not that good. Heh, I don't think TT would trade him if he was that good.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Digs,

Where did you hear about this trade rumor?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Digs,

Where did you hear about this trade rumor?

I read something similiar on packerchatters today. This time of year, that site notoriously has "rumours".

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Thanks, I did not see anything on PFT, and they usualy have em all valid or invalid.

Yes, but pf.com has more (founded or unfounded) rumors and juicy gossip during offseason, which I find much more thrilling than PFT and their "sources". :pop:

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 more safteys that r looking for trades

Gabril Wilson
Feb. 26: The Giants are still working to sign Wilson before he becomes a free agent on Friday, but it's looking less and less like it's actually going to happen, reports the Daily News. The Giants are willing to spend, but the 26-year-old Wilson knows he will attract attenion on the free agent market. The Eagles and Jaguars are two teams reportedly interested.

Eugene Wilson
Feb. 26: Wilson, who will become a free agent on Friday, will not be back with the Patriots, reports The Boston Globe. The former second-round pick is expected to draw interest, and one team rates him as the second-best safety. "I'm looking forward to moving on, and at the same time, I wish the best of luck to the Patriots because I don't think I'll be back there this year," Wilson said

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Raider Pride said:
Thanks, I did not see anything on PFT, and they usualy have em all valid or invalid.

Yes, but pf.com has more (founded or unfounded) rumors and juicy gossip during offseason, which I find much more thrilling than PFT and their "sources". :pop:

PFT, first thing every morning.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like the trade with Atlanta idea. We'd have a shot at both Rodgers-Cromartie, who had a sick workout at the combine yesterday, Keller, the TE from Purdue, or Carlson, the TE from Notre Dame. Also may be able to package our first and one of the seconds to move up (I know this is unlikely with TT at the helm, but you never know) to get Brandon Albert, who is the best guard in the draft.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
[quote="DakotaT

I read something similiar on packerchatters today. This time of year, that site notoriously has "rumours".

Thanks, I did not see anything on PFT, and they usualy have em all valid or invalid.[/quote]

patty from the packer chatters staff

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting, Where is your source on this if I may ask? I know there was interest in Williams on the Redskins site, but I don't know how strongly the organization is looking for a guy like him.

packersfan4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the link at the chatters

I'd take it with a grain of salt, though I do think the Pack may try to trade Corey. I'd take Denver off the list since they just got Shaun Rogers

Members online

Latest posts