Trade Rumor

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard on Milwaukee sports talk station that Green Bay is looking into trading A. J. Hawk to Atlanta for RB Michael Turner. Could happen soon.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha god I wish Hawk for Turner... No way in hell ATL would ever do that trade... unless we gave up more than just Hawk..

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way more than Hawk.
But it got me thinking...why TT doesn't try to trade for a good RB who is playing at a team with no perspective of winning? Like Steven Jackson.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes no sense to trade for a starting RB unless there are plans to cut Grant. And I really don't see ATL looking to trade Turner.. That just wouldn't make sense.

I could see NY looking to deal Brandon Jacobs though, but as has been pointed out, GBPG is reporting we're picking up Dmitri Nance from ATL's practice squad.

vegasdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes no sense to trade for a starting RB unless there are plans to cut Grant. And I really don't see ATL looking to trade Turner.. That just wouldn't make sense.

I could see NY looking to deal Brandon Jacobs though, but as has been pointed out, GBPG is reporting we're picking up Dmitri Nance from ATL's practice squad.
Trading for NYG for another RB to replace Grant would be appropriate. I think they will want more than a 6th this time around.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just now on packers.com
"The Green Bay Packers have signed RB Dimitri Nance and DE Jarius Wynn and placed RB Ryan Grant and DE Justin Harrell on injured reserve. The transactions were announced Tuesday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson."

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerbob--does your caretaker know you're on the internet again??

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not nearly as bad as the "rumor" of Joe Thomas for AJ Hawk from last season.

Had someone bring this up when I was tailgating at the badger game Saturday, he said it almost happened. If it almost happened then I almost got drafted into the NBA.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would estimate about 90% of supposed trade rumors are just wishful thinking on the fans part. There's no real merit to any of it.

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Rodgers for Cutler straight up?? Hahahahhahahahahahahahahah....needed some good comedy to send me off to bed tonight. Wow, I kill myself.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Rodgers for Cutler straight up?? Hahahahhahahahahahahahahah....needed some good comedy to send me off to bed tonight. Wow, I kill myself.

I don't know how you did that but I actually had a nightmare last night that they traded Rodgers for Cutler right before the Bears game and the Pack lost! It was horrible, and then I wake up and read this!!! ARRRRGGG!!!!! LOL!!!!

Members online

Latest posts