Trade Matt Flynn for...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I don't get is why these teams didn't go for Flynn, yet kept their same ****** qb with problems.

1. San Francisco
Jim Harbaugh is retarded thinking one of the biggest busts ever that they took over Rodgers, will win 8 games this year :shok:

2. Arizona
They were listening to ESPN too much if they really think Kevin Kolb is good.

3. Miami
WHY THE HELL IS CHAD HENNE STILL THE STARTER!!!!?????
Are they on crack? Oh wait, it must be cocaine since that city was the home of all the kingpin drug lords in the 80's.

4. Washington
Mike Shanahan finally proved that he only won 2 Super Bowls because of two guys; Elway and Davis. I know McNabb is not that wonderful, but he is stupid if he thinks Rex and John Beck is a better replacement.

They didn't go after him because we said, point blank, the market was closed. Had we had an offseason and OTA's where Harrell could have been developed, it might have been a different story.

As for Kolb, the jury is still out on him. He doesn't have a large enough body of work to say, one way or the other, how good he is. And neither does Flynn for that matter. He played great in the one regular season game he started. That's not enough to annoint him anything yet.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
We have all the ammunition. Make some team that is desperate give us a # 1. Until then only listen to the offers.

If the Eagles can get 2 draft picks, and a CB for trash like Kolb, there is no reason for us not to get good deals like that on trades in years to come.

Also, our teams are mostly built on the draft. We showed everyone how to build teams last year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted recently made the comment that everyone is working the phones now. (looking for trades, talking trades)

translation : We are getting alot of calls on Flynn.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No compensatory picks either?

I think No. but I cant get a solid answer. I will try and do some digging. Tom Oates sports reporter from Madison said no. Brian Carriveau disagreed as did someone with the Packers report. But Oates sounded the most sure, saying it doesnt matter if someone sat the bench and a team comes along and pays him a ton and makes him a starter.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I’d like to hear Oates’ reasoning. The formula for determining comp picks is “secret” but I’m pretty sure if Flynn leaves via free agency after this season, that loss would be figured into the equation of how many comp picks the Packers would receive in 2013. Any qualified UFAs the Packers would sign next off season would offset any UFAs lost, but I think Flynn’s loss would still figure in, either in a pick or offsetting a signed UFA.

From everything I’ve read, the most important factor is the contract the UFA signs with his new team. Then I think playing time and any postseason honors with his new team figure in. Some Packers fans may be exaggerating Flynn’s value in the league but I think just the contract he’d be likely to sign would be enough to gain the Packers a comp pick. And if he starts as expected and stays healthy, it could be a significant one.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should get a RB (A.Foster caliber)
AND a LB ( DeMarcus Spears / P. Willis caliber )
AND... a First round pick!

Cause its MATT F'n FLYNN!
Best QB in the game!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trade him for...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7uJDhVZIE&feature=related]Dr. Evil 100 Billion Dollars - YouTube[/ame]

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron is one of the best in the game, and Harrell seems to be playing well. I think we see what we can get for him, he will bring back excellent value for a back up QB.

Members online

Latest posts