• Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep love

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know no one really wanted a QB before the draft but Love seems to have grown on many. The mass has a way of influencing others. The more you read and hear the better an idea becomes. It happens to the best of us. I had no thought about an heir apparent for Rodgers but now I think its a smart idea ( obviously not love.) Now I’m wondering how many of you would trade Love for a Queen, Josh Jones, Mims, or pitman right now? I’m not saying to go back to the draft because losing that fourth would be a deal breaker. I’m just saying a strait up trade for one of those players. I really don’t think many on this board would.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What in Gods name ? The guy hasn`t even played a down yet. Why do people think this is such an insult to Rodgers ?. Give the guy a chance to prove you all right, or indeed wrong ! Remember when Rodgers first came to Green Bay ? most people hated him. Sometimes I`m ashamed to be a Packer fan.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody is going to just swap their first round player picks like that
also, i wouldn't want to
also, wth is this thread lol

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What in Gods name ? The guy hasn`t even played a down yet. Why do people think this is such an insult to Rodgers ?. Give the guy a chance to prove you all right, or indeed wrong ! Remember when Rodgers first came to Green Bay ? most people hated him. Sometimes I`m ashamed to be a Packer fan.

True but I really think Favre/Rodgers had a different feel. 99% on here wanted receivers, ILB, or O-line and we’re stunned by the Love pic. Now many have come around and think Love was a great decision. I was just curios to see how many of you would keep Love over the other prospects that were heavily sought after on this board.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody is going to just swap their first round player picks like that
also, i wouldn't want to
also, wth is this thread lol

It’s a legitimate question. I’m not talking about the front office. I’m talking about us as fans. Was he your first choice on draft night?

I

True but I really thing Favre/Rodgers had a different feel. 99% on here wanted receivers, ILB, or O-line and we’re stunned by the Love pic. Now many have come around and think Love was a great decision. I was just curios to see how many of you would keep Love over the other prospects that were heavily sought after on this board.

And I`m not having a go at you personally but sometimes I despair on here. We are fans, lets TRY and trust those who know a bit more than we do...….That`s why they are paid to do the job. No offence intended.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I`m not having a go at you personally but sometimes I despair on here. We are fans, lets TRY and trust those who know a bit more than we do...….That`s why they are paid to do the job. No offence intended.[/QUOTE

I don’t take offense at all. I still don’t like the pick but it is what it is. I just notice that A lot of people jumped on the Love train and are genuinely excited about the pick. This was not the case when the pick was made.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Before the draft, I certainly would have chosen Pittman or Mims over Love.

But I also didn't watch Love and don't consider myself qualified to assess QB prospects.

The FO considers Love to be a future franchise QB, or they wouldn't have made this move.

That being the case-- no, I would not trade him for another player. If he's a future franchise QB, then there's much more value in keeping him.

I

Well I`m in England so didn`t see the draft. I only looked at film of him last night on u-tube and wasn`t unduly unimpressed with what I saw to be honest. I get that the NFL is a different animal from college football but he looked okay, and given time he will develop. I think he probably knows Rodgers will treat him the way Favre reacted to him when he first got there. I`m one for giving him a chance to prove himself.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the draft, I certainly would have chosen Pittman or Mims over Love.

But I also didn't watch Love and don't consider myself qualified to assess QB prospects.

The FO considers Love to be a future franchise QB, or they wouldn't have made this move.

That being the case-- no, I would not trade him for another player. If he's a future franchise QB, then there's much more value in keeping him.

That’s understandable. I don’t think anyone was looking at QB prospects. I studied every position except for QB and kickers. I think a lot of people changed their views on Our QB position as a whole and fell in love with the pick after doing more research.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my strategy:

Trade 4th and two 6ths to trade up for Ayuik

Draft Logan Wilson in round 2

Draft Dillon and Degaura with the next two absolute picks, as they were projected to still be there. If not, oh well. Those positions aren't that valuable anyway.

Not addressing WR and ILB at all is what makes the draft bad, not just Love

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That’s understandable. I don’t think anyone was looking at QB prospects. I studied every position except for QB and kickers. I think a lot of people changed their views on Our QB position as a whole and fell in love with the pick after doing more research.

Which we are going to be prone to do. We are fans of the team.

People with an optimistic outlook are going to find reasons to like him.

The segment of Packer fans that just like to **** and moan are going to find reasons not to like him.

And this particular player has a profile that lends itself quite easily to either perspective.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which we are going to be prone to do. We are fans of the team.

People with an optimistic outlook are going to find reasons to like him.

The segment of Packer fans that just like to **** and moan are going to find reasons not to like him.

And this particular player has a profile that lends itself quite easily to either perspective.
there's not just some small minority of people who really don't like this move. There basically an army of Packers and non-Packers fans alike. And it really has nothing to do with Love

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my strategy:

Trade 4th and two 6ths to trade up for Ayuik

Draft Logan Wilson in round 2

Draft Dillon and Degaura with the next two absolute picks, as they were projected to still be there. If not, oh well. Those positions aren't that valuable anyway.

Not addressing WR and ILB at all is what makes the draft bad, not just Love

Deguara plays a vital position in this offense. If you can't see that, can't help ya buddy.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I`m in England so didn`t see the draft. I only looked at film of him last night on u-tube and wasn`t unduly unimpressed with what I saw to be honest. I get that the NFL is a different animal from college football but he looked okay, and given time he will develop. I think he probably knows Rodgers will treat him the way Favre reacted to him when he first got there. I`m one for giving him a chance to prove himself.

I hate him as a prospect but agree that looking for a someone to be groomed isn’t a bad idea. It’s easy to say now but I would have drafted Queen and taken a good look at moving up for Hurts in the second if QB was the plan going on.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
there's not just some small minority of people who really don't like this move. There basically an army of Packers and non-Packers fans alike. And it really has nothing to do with Love

I understand that there are tons of people who don't like the move. But I'm talking about people feel about the player.

And if Love hits and he's the Packers' franchise QB for 12-15 people, all the people writing these think pieces about how the Packers screwed this up will write new ones about how it was a stroke of brilliance.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Don't trade him! I'm planning on changing my user name to LoveStiffy

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate him as a prospect but agree that looking for a someone to be groomed isn’t a bad idea. It’s easy to say now but I would have drafted Queen and taken a good look at moving up for Hurts in the second if QB was the plan going on.

You hate him as a prospect but like Hurts? I can understand the former, but not the latter. Hurts doesn't do anything above average as a QB imo, except run.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You hate him as a prospect but like Hurts? I can understand the former, but not the latter. Hurts doesn't do anything above average as a QB imo, except run.

He wasn’t going to cost us a first and Has proven to put up better numbers against NFL caliber defenders. He’s a dual threat QB. Rushed for 123 total scores and he doesn’t turn the ball over.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn’t going to cost us a first and Has proven to put up better numbers against NFL caliber defenders. He’s a dual threat QB. Rushed for 123 total scores and he doesn’t turn the ball over.

He's a single read QB with a brilliant offensive coach who makes things as easy as possible. He also played with some decent talent at Alabama and Oklahoma. Mediocre arm. Average accuracy. Poor pocket presence.

He seems like a great kid, but a good NFL QB he isn't.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a single read QB with a brilliant offensive coach who makes things as easy as possible. He also played with some decent talent at Alabama and Oklahoma. Mediocre arm. Average accuracy. Poor pocket presence.

He seems like a great kid, but a good NFL QB he isn't.

He does hold the ball to long but I’d rather a QB take a sac then to throw into coverage for a turnover. Hurts had 20 INTs in four seasons. Love had 17 last year.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does hold the ball to long but I’d rather a QB take a sac then to throw into coverage for a turnover. Hurts had 20 INTs in four seasons. Love had 17 last year.

If you put Love on that team, with Lincoln as his coach, he's going top 10.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you put Love on that team, with Lincoln as his coach, he's going top 10.

I don’t believe this at all. He would have fallen into the 2nd if it wasn’t for us. SEC defenses are faster and more complex. He couldn’t read And react to D’s in the mountain west.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t believe this at all. He would have fallen into the 2nd if it wasn’t for us. SEC defenses are faster and more complex. He couldn’t read And react to D’s in the mountain west.

Faster sure. More complex? Not necessarily.

Hurt's only good year as a QB came in the Big 12, btw. Not the SEC.

OP
OP
Fat Dogs

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Faster sure. More complex? Not necessarily.

Hurt's only good year as a QB came in the Big 12, btw. Not the SEC.

Big 12 > Mountain west. He’s a project and was projected to go in the 3rd or 4th. I think he’s going to have a better NFL career than Love.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts