Trade James Jones

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though he is currently hurt I think we should offer him to Seattle for a 3rd round pick. They are in desperate need of young receivers and we a lot of depth there. If he is now our 4th receiver how much value is he to us.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is he now our 4th receiver? If you are saying that because Jordy was on the field most the game you are wrong. James Jones was injured and did not return. But to comment on trading him I think its a bad idea. Even tho he has dropped some balls the last few games he is a big part of our offense and is a good #3receiver for this team. We got a good group of receivers and we should not break that group up. Plus Seattle has already picked up 3 receivers. 2 in free agency and 1 via trade.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Even though he is currently hurt I think we should offer him to Seattle for a 3rd round pick. They are in desperate need of young receivers and we a lot of depth there. If he is now our 4th receiver how much value is he to us.

There is no reason to trade him for a 3rd rounder, since he was a third rounder, and he was one of the most promising rookie recievers last year. That would be a terrible idea. They need all four of those recievers for the spread and 5 wide package they run.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
please just stop now. trade driver are you serious? so sense we are deep at receiver we should nevermind the depth, the 4wr sets, the 5wr sets and just trade one to get a useless draft pick. give me a break. must be a closet bears or vikings fan.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
OK then trade Driver, he has limited time left. Do we need 4 top receivers?

I hope you're joking. We don't need to trade anyone. We need to keep all our receivers.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats the point in randomly gettin rid of james? He's worth more to our team then a 3rd round draft pick.... And thompson would probably use the 3rd rounder to get a 4th string QB anyways... Or trade down the 3rd rounder to a 6th and a 7th rounder then trade the 6th into 2 7ths like he always does

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I could maybe understand the logic of trading A WR. We can't do it while any of them are injured. That would just neuter our depth.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
de_real_deal said:

I just agreed with de_real - that's frickin amazing.

I think it's frickin amazing that you two agree on something. :D

I agree with both of you. We don't need to trade Jones (or Driver for that matter). The Pack had enough personnel changes for one year, thank you!

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
While I could maybe understand the logic of trading A WR. We can't do it while any of them are injured. That would just neuter our depth.

Not to mention who would trade for an injured player?

There's no indication that anyone in GB (besides a few anxious fans) is not solidly behind James Jones. Granted his lone TD catch thus far wasn't even intended for him but he's normally sure-handed & a big target for a WR.

I do like what I've seen from Jordy Nelson however. The way Rodgers targerted him in the DAL game tells me there's a decent amount of rapport being developed there already. I think I just talked myself into picking up Nelson for my fanatsy team. :eek:

Latest posts