TRADE FAVRE NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFavre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do it while you can still get something for this has been. He clearly can't win the big games anymore and the packers would be better off without him. Green Bay and the state of Wisconsin would be better off without this drug addict.

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre made some mistakes but who is going to take his position as QB? He's a three-time MVP who had a bad game, its not like he does this all the time....how about last week? when he was on fire?? He's a damn good quarterback and deserves to retire a packer....GO PACK :x

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, trade Favre, cut Green, Fire the whole defense, and the offensive line. Execute Sherman, and draw and quarter Slowik. Turn the team over to the American Legion and drop out of the NFL. The seven games we've won were all pure luck. Why not forfeit them, and the rest of the season?

MTPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade Favre??? Oh thats a good one. :lol: ......and let some other team have him. Stop! Stop! You're cracking me up! :lol:

OP
OP
T

TheFavre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely dump him

Look, you're not going to win another Super Bowl with TheFavre as your starting QB. He just does not have the skills anymore (they've been questionable throughout his career--he's more of a system success) to beat quality teams. He clearly gave up on that game yesterday and gave up early. When the team wins you all want to heap praise on the Hick, but when the team loses you all rush to defend him against any legit criticism. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid.

It's the packers own fault they are in this situation trying to make TheFavre something he's not. Had they kept drafting young QB's with talent all along they would have a successor by now. They chose to not do that. Maybe Nall is the real deal. Maybe not. Right now not even the coaching staff thinks he's worth playing in a rout! Until the end of the 4th quarter.

TheFavre should have been benched at halftime if not sooner. He wasn't able to get it done and they should have put someone in there who is hungry and would have gotten after it.

Get rid of TheFavre. Get someone who can actually win the F'N game.

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We aren't going to win another superbowl this year period considering our defense is in shambles....You can't give Favre all the credit for every win and you can't put this loss squarely on his shoulders either....how is he supposed to complete passes when we can't establish a run game because our o-line isn't moving anyone and our receivers are running into each other on patterns? This was an all-around ****-poor effort by the entire team and shouldn't be looked at any further than that...Trading Favre isn't going to fix anything....We obviously did make a mistake by not looking for a QB sooner, but that is something we will have to look into during the offseason...Favre still has a couple good years left in him to help us continue winning (which will bring more talent) as well as help groom a new quarterback for the future... :idea:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[Trade Favre, You have got to be kidding. Favre wasn't the problem yesterday. The wheels, doors, bumpers fell off and the transmission fell out. That happens to even the best Nascar teams. They just go back to work and put it all back together and come back to win the next week.
Thats what the Packers will do and Favre will continue to shine.
It's not over till it's over.

cheesewiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troll alert!!!!!!! Troll alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As this is a new board, let's take out the garbage EARLY and OFTEN.

OP
OP
T

TheFavre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: No Trolling/Flame Bait

administrator said:
Easy on the flame bait TheFavre.

So one of you "administrators" or "moderators" please explain to me just what I said that was "flame bait." I'd be really interested. And to clarify it for all of us...do we need to drink from the trough of green and yellow Kool-Aid here and only say "nice" things about TheFavre and his happy band of cohorts in mediocrity? Or is actual discussion and an occasional *gasp* critique every allowed?

Suggesting that the packers trade TheFavre got me banned? Are you FREAKING kidding me? Give me time, I'm sure I'll type something that is considered mild by the rest of the worlds standards but so immensely offensive to packer fans standards (like that TheFavre should have been benched the game following his "sack" that he gave Michael Strahan) that you'll have an ACTUAL reason to ban me.

Maybe that was enough...suggesting one of your moderators allowed his personal feelings to get in the way of actual discussion. May the "administrators" of this forum ought to be a little more choosy about who they let "moderate" this forum. Hell...make ME a moderator!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your flame bait wasn't a line in specific, it was more of the attitude and combination of your postings thus far. All appearing to incited people to go off the hook to defend Favre.

Also you comment
(they've been questionable throughout his career..."
in reference to his skills, is ridiculous. 3 time MVP of the NFL, cut and dry. Those skills weren't too questionable when he threw for 400 yards, 4 td's in a 41-7 route of the Raiders last year. But then again maybe they aren't a quality team?

I do have to say I did like your line about
TheFavre should have been benched at halftime if not sooner. He wasn't able to get it done and they should have put someone in there who is hungry and would have gotten after it.
I do agree with you on that. He was lackluster.

Like I said, try and keep the flame bait to a minimum, maybe word things better instead of sounding so aggresive. It's supposed to be a discussion forum, not lets get everyone all ticked off and flame back and forth.

Ryan

OP
OP
T

TheFavre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owner

Ah...you're one of those who is a "let's take something out of context" type huh? Perhaps if you had read the entire line about TheFavre's skills as a QB it would have made more sense to you and your "moderators." I intoned, and actually SAID he was/is more of system QB. The fact is that TheFavre's skills are questionable and have been throughout his career. He makes as many mistakes as he makes good plays. I'd say his mistakes are even more noticeable because they seem to happen in bigger games and at crucial moments in those games. He's at best anymore a mediocre quarterback. I'd much prefer an 85% Steve McNair to a 100% TheFavre.

As for his torching of god's gift to football last year, the Oakland Raiders, I would agree that they weren't much of a team. And anyone with any knowledge of recent past of the game would know that the problems extended deeper than the on field performance. In fact, it was the coach who was the problem. At least this year they aren't laying down at halftime and taking it. Like the packers vs the Eagles.

I'll do what I can to conform to your fuzzy wuzzy rules of posting. Seems to me though that these "ideals" are based more on your or someone elses perception than my intention. And it ought to be based on my intention.

But since perception is the rule of the roost here I'd like you to ban yourself for you over-aggressive comments about the Raiders. It hurt my feelings and I felt "less-than."

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway, I am done with this post. You are welcome on the board, express your opinion and I am sure people will respond back accordingly. I would rather exert my energy talking about the game than arguing with you. If it gets to the point that you are here to just Troll I will simply have your IP banned again. Keep the flame bait to a minimum.

Thank you,
Ryan

BrettFavre4MVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Definitely dump him

TheFavre said:
Look, you're not going to win another Super Bowl with TheFavre as your starting QB. He just does not have the skills anymore (they've been questionable throughout his career--he's more of a system success) to beat quality teams. He clearly gave up on that game yesterday and gave up early. When the team wins you all want to heap praise on the Hick, but when the team loses you all rush to defend him against any legit criticism. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid.

It's the packers own fault they are in this situation trying to make TheFavre something he's not. Had they kept drafting young QB's with talent all along they would have a successor by now. They chose to not do that. Maybe Nall is the real deal. Maybe not. Right now not even the coaching staff thinks he's worth playing in a rout! Until the end of the 4th quarter.

Get rid of TheFavre. Get someone who can actually win the F'N game.

Bubba, Brett is not our problem. He is still at or near the top of his game. If there is a reason we won't win the super bowl, it's our defense, or lack thereof. Trade Brett? That's crazy. Plus, you are contradicting yourself. You say to trade Brett while we still can, yet you keep saying that Brett can't do anything, can't win games, has nothing left in the tank. If all that stuff were true, (and believe me IT'S NOT!) then who would want to trade for him? anyways, we would never trade brett. He is too good. It's posts like that which get you banned in two days :lol:

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Know your facts

85 percent Steve McNair huh...lets take a look at that

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A LNG TD TD% INT INT% SACK
Steve McNair 129 215 1343 60.0 6.25 37 8 3.7 9 4.2 13 95

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A LNG TD TD% INT INT% SACK
Brett Favre 258 404 2972 63.9 7.36 79 22 5.4 13 3.2 8 66

"Seems to me though that these "ideals" are based more on your or someone elses perception than my intention. And it ought to be based on my intention. "
Sorry man, but your "intention" should be somewhat fact-based...So i found you some facts....take a look at them sometime....oh yeah, and Tennessee is really sitting pretty at 4-8...Go McNair :?

OP
OP
T

TheFavre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brad

Brad....

At least at 85% McNair has 100% heart. I question TheFavre's heart and willingness to go 100% on every offensive play.

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well i can turn that around as well and question McNair's heart...he is talking about retirement already, where's his heart? I see no 200+ straight starts, I see nothing impressive from McNair aside from his running ability, which is rapidly dwindling....100% heart is a pretty poor excuse after seeing the facts....sorry, i just don't agree

BrettFavre4MVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Brad

TheFavre said:
Brad....

At least at 85% McNair has 100% heart. I question TheFavre's heart and willingness to go 100% on every offensive play.
Bubba,

I question Randy Moss's heart and willingness to go 100% because Randy admitted that he doesn't go 100% every play. I don't question Brett's heart. He plays with more heart than anyone I've ever seen. And will you stop referring to him as TheFavre? That's annoying.

MTPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

BrettFavre4MVP said:
TheFavre said:
Brad....

Bubba,

I question Randy Moss's heart and willingness to go 100% because Randy admitted that he doesn't go 100% every play. I don't question Brett's heart. He plays with more heart than anyone I've ever seen. And will you stop referring to him as TheFavre? That's annoying.

THANK YOU! That is r-e-a-l-l-y annoying. :roll:

I don't believe that another player has as much heart as Brett Favre.

OP
OP
T

TheFavre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MTPackFan said:

I believe almost ANY other player has more heart than TheFavre. TheFavre has heart when he can pad his stats. TheFavre has heart when plays a team that is even more worse off than the packers. TheFavre loses his heart and "fire" when playing a team that can go toe-to-toe. TheFavre loses his heart when he gets down early in games. TheFavre loses his heart when he has nothing to personally gain from a game anymore.

Frankly, TheFavre is the most selfish player in the history of the league.

MTPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TheFavre said:
MTPackFan said:

I believe almost ANY other player has more heart than TheFavre. TheFavre has heart when he can pad his stats. TheFavre has heart when plays a team that is even more worse off than the packers. TheFavre loses his heart and "fire" when playing a team that can go toe-to-toe. TheFavre loses his heart when he gets down early in games. TheFavre loses his heart when he has nothing to personally gain from a game anymore.

I'm assuming from all your posts that you hate Favre and you hate the Packers so I have to ask what the hell you're doing here then??????

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheFavre said:
Do it while you can still get something for this has been. He clearly can't win the big games anymore and the packers would be better off without him. Green Bay and the state of Wisconsin would be better off without this drug addict.

you're insane.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TheFavre said:
MTPackFan said:

Insane.

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let him talk

Let TheFarve talk all he wants. When he says rediculus things just ignore him. You don't have to answer him you know. Eventually he'll get bored and go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts