Trade down?

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Reggie Nelson struggled at the combine, I would love it if the Packers traded down about seven or eight spots and add a second rounder and pick up this kid! What are your oppinions?

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ye thats a good idea but i have a fealing ... were going to trade down ... pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder ... and draft either a WR or Greg Olsen (i would say TE but the only TE getting drafted that high is him lol) anyways then again it all depends on this moss/green situations ... if we trade for moss ... then im guessing we wont draft WR will draft TE but if we dont get moss ... then their are chances we draft a wr ... theirs also the RB hole ... wich we could probably cover that in the draft with a 2nd round RB ... and then theirs always the TE spot ... wich im hoping we do get moss ... so we can either draft lynch or olsen and have 2 spots upgraded and upgraded really good ...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Nelson, I dont know if a bad combine should stimulate us to draft him however

Trading down and taking one of Olsen, Meachem, Bowe, Rice would be good, or even Lynch...if he slips for some reason

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers can't retain Green then RB becomes the primary need. Lynch has to be the pick then. Unless you can get a deal with the Jets and move down into round 1 and pickup one of their 2nd rounders. Then you could use the 1st on Michael Bush and use the 2nd rounders to fill needs as well.

Outside of that though RB in my opinion is this teams primary need. Reggie Nelson would be a nice addition though.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont understand ... why dont we just get a RB second round = michael bush ... his good ... and its not like its a 1st round RB is guaranteed success ... we need a TE and RB ... but i really want a new TE capable of spreading out the field = Greg Olsen

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont understand ... why dont we just get a RB second round = michael bush ... his good ... and its not like its a 1st round RB is guaranteed success ... we need a TE and RB ... but i really want a new TE capable of spreading out the field = Greg Olsen

What if Bush isn't there in the mid round 2? Let's pass on Lynch because Bush could be there in round 2 for us. Personally Bush could end up going in round 1 to the Jets or Ravens. A lot of early 2nd round teams could look at him too. I’d say the chances of Bush falling to Green Bay in round 2 are less than the chances of Lynch falling to Green Bay in round 1.

After Bush the drop off is huge. Tony Hunt is the next best but he's probably not a good fit. Lorenzo Booker is explosive but he's not an every down back. Brian Leonard is possible but his stock is rising and he could be gone as well. Plus he’s still a bit of a project where Lynch is ready to go. Bush if healthy would be ready to go as well. Leonard might take some time adjusting.

Factor all that in plus Lynch is just a better player entering the Draft than anyone I name. Lynch makes to much sense for the Packers. He makes as much sense as A.J. Hawk did last year. If he’s there when the Packers pick then take him. If not then trade down in my opinion. Pickup some extra picks and take Bush in round 1 and go from there.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in my opinion at 16 the Green Bay Packers select Greg Olsen the stud he is shooting up Mel Kipers Big Board after his incredible combine, wed be lucky to nab hum at 16........ GREG OLSEN IS FAVRES NEW CHMURA

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know what the best scenario would be ...
re-sign green
draft olsen

that would fix our RB and TE

and then we fix our WR and Defense

Reaction score
ACCORDING TO THE NFL DRAFT PICK VALUE CHART, WHICH GMs ACTUALLY USE TO DECIDE IF TRADING PICKS GIVES THEM FAIR VALUE:

In order to pick up an extra second rounder by trading down in round 1, the Packers must trade their 1st round pick with either the Bears or the Colts.

Do you really expect the Bears to give the Packers an extra pick and do you really expect the Packers to let the Bears move high and get a solid player? Division rivals usually aren't jumping at the opportunity to trade with each other...

As for the Colts, there isn't anyone they are going to really need which would make them move up to secure him. The top LB might be a reach at #16, so it makes sense for the Colts to stay in the lower part of round 1. The Colts also don't have a ton of cap room, so it would make sense for them to draft and sign someone in the #32 spot as opposed to the #16 spot.

Trading down and picking up a second rounder in the process is next to impossible.

Members online