Trade Advice

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Fishin' In The Dark gets
  • QMitchell Trubisky
    QB CHI (rank: 27-125)
  • SUSAntonio Callaway

WR FA
    (rank: 134-394)
  • IRHakeem Butler
    WR ARI
  • 2020 1st round pick 1.9 #9
  • 2020 2nd round pick 2.9 #21
  • 2020 2nd round pick 2.10 #22
  • 2020 3rd round pick 3.9 #33
  • 2020 4th round pick 4.9 #45
  • 2020 5th round pick 5.8 #56
  • 2021 1st round pick 1.3 #3
  • 2021 1st round pick 1.9 #9
  • 2021 2nd round pick 2.9 #21
  • 2021 3rd round pick 3.9 #33
  • 2021 4th round pick 4.9 #45
  • 2021 5th round pick 5.8 #56

So I received this trade a few days ago in my 12 team dynasty league for Alvin Kamara and Stefon Diggs. I haven’t been able to decide what I should do with this offer. There are quite a few picks involved but it’s safe to assume the future picks will be at least 9th or later in the draft order. The players he sent along with the picks really aren’t worth anything.

I’m also planning on leaving this league at the end of the season which complicates the decision even more. Easiest thing might be to just let the new owner decide if he wants to make the trade himself. So let me hear what you guys have to say about this trade.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The trade does you no good.

I would do it only because the biggest thrill of a dynasty league is players developing. Drafting wisely and testing your ability to predict a players success is what it's about.

Also, not good to keep all your eggs in 1 basket. A top RB is usually only there for 3 or 4 years.

OP
OP
MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The trade does you no good.

I would do it only because the biggest thrill of a dynasty league is players developing. Drafting wisely and testing your ability to predict a players success is what it's about.

Also, not good to keep all your eggs in 1 basket. A top RB is usually only there for 3 or 4 years.

Not exactly sure what you’re trying to say with that second part. I’m the one who currently owns Kamara/Diggs, so I’m not trying to put all of my eggs in one basket

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not exactly sure what you’re trying to say with that second part. I’m the one who currently owns Kamara/Diggs, so I’m not trying to put all of my eggs in one basket
If you trade Kamara for a bunch of picks you spread your injury risk. Kamara could blow out his knee and your team sucks. Having all those picks, you should be able to get several very good players and made be even hit another her Kamara.

Looking at it again, this offer is a deparate get the championship move for this year. Your league probably won't appreciate you making the move. At least the top teams will be bummed.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're not in a position to finish top 3 in 2019 I would definitely make that deal. You're more than doubling the number of draft picks for the next 2 years... the TT way is to take as many swings as possible in the draft. You'd be stacked for '20 & '21 with multiple picks each round.

OP
OP
MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice. I’m currently having a pretty bad season overall so I’m in 9th place, but I’m still only one win out of being tied for 1st in my division.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have solid players to replace the players you lose this season? Well not exactly replace, but allow you to remain competitive? Is your team that bad that you will dump 12 players this offseason to make room for the draftees? How far are you from a rebuild? Will you be able to move some of these picks to move up in the rounds? Or get other players?

Members online

Latest posts