Trade Aaron Rodgers NOW

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to chuckle when I first saw this topic. I didn't realize how long ago it was started and was thinking..."Is someone really serious"?

people change their story when they get the true facts. whoever started this thread didn't know how Aaron would play, just like the rest of us.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like Ivo said, maybe Joe had more, but we'll never know. What we DO know is that Aaron Rodgers had one in the playoff game last year, two for sure this year and a probably fourth in the Bears game.

Show me how you "know" he had a concussion in the playoffs this year?

I know the whole controversy after the bears game, but if he did have one how was it he handled the interviews with all the lights blinding his eyes?

Cards playoff game? in 09?

Lions this year?

What was other one I forgot?

And your saying the Bears playoff game? I challenge that one

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Show me how you "know" he had a concussion in the playoffs this year?

I know the whole controversy after the bears game, but if he did have one how was it he handled the interviews with all the lights blinding his eyes?

Cards playoff game? in 09?

Lions this year?

What was other one I forgot?

And your saying the Bears playoff game? I challenge that one
I said playoffs last year, read the quote you quoted. There was alot of controversy over this year's Bear game. I'm not saying he did, I'm suggesting it's a trend and it concerns me as a big fan of his.
I'm not trying to argue with you, I mean, what the heck is the point?
You don't have to like the news, but don't be angry at the messenger, the guy has shown tendencies, like it or not.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I said playoffs last year, read the quote you quoted. There was alot of controversy over this year's Bear game. I'm not saying he did, I'm suggesting it's a trend and it concerns me as a big fan of his.
I'm not trying to argue with you, I mean, what the heck is the point?
You don't have to like the news, but don't be angry at the messenger, the guy has shown tendencies, like it or not.

Not mad? Just trying to find out what your saying

Your posts were confusing on the Card game, so I apologize

Cuz you did say he had one in the Bears game

One was during the Cardinals game in the playoffs. The other I believe was Peppers' hit in the NFCCG.
Either way, I'm pointing out that the next one will be his 4th on record and Montana didn't have that many.

Sorry if I took it wrong.

I thought you claimed it was a verified concussion..

When in fact it was not one.so unless you do have real evidence hat it was, might as well stop saying it was?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people change their story when they get the true facts. whoever started this thread didn't know how Aaron would play, just like the rest of us.
But that is the challenge. To assess a players abilities and how that will translate to the NFL. We make our educated guesses based on our knowledge of football, human nature, and the players abilities. Sometimes we are wrong, sometimes we are right. Waiting to get the facts, ie: deciding if he is good after he produces is a bit simple at that point.

I was a big fan of AR at Cal. I thought his command and leadership as well as physical skills would translate well to the NFL. I hate to mention all the times I was wrong, both negative and positive. Thought Collins was a wasted pick and thought Hodge was a great pick. Oh well.

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But that is the challenge. To assess a players abilities and how that will translate to the NFL. We make our educated guesses based on our knowledge of football, human nature, and the players abilities. Sometimes we are wrong, sometimes we are right. Waiting to get the facts, ie: deciding if he is good after he produces is a bit simple at that point.

I was a big fan of AR at Cal. I thought his command and leadership as well as physical skills would translate well to the NFL. I hate to mention all the times I was wrong, both negative and positive. Thought Collins was a wasted pick and thought Hodge was a great pick. Oh well.

I understand, but look at Tom Brady. 199th over all. Terrell Davis drafted 196th over all. The Packers aren't going to take a chance on some Joe without knowing everything. They saw something in him and knew he would be Brett's replacement.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

You never know how ANYBODY is going to play until they do. Apparently Atlanta thought Favre was worthless at one point. Well, just worth whatever we gave up for him.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
You never know how ANYBODY is going to play until they do.
An obvious point but one worth noting on this thread. I went back and read the first page of this thread and in the first post, Bertram offers his opinion that while he liked Rodgers at the time, he doubted Rodgers would ever be more than "decent" so he proposed trading him. IMO there was nothing wrong with that post at the time except with 20/20 hindsight we can all see Bertram was wrong. The only problem I have is with posts such as this:
Rodgers sucks...

When teams start scheming for him week in and week out he will get average pretty quick.

Trade him now for whatever you can get.
IMO it's one thing to question whether Rodgers will be more than decent but quite another proclaiming that he "sucks". Back to the obvious point: You never know… and pretending you do may make you look foolish.

BTW, kudos to Raider Pride for calling Rodgers a "future Superstar" in January of 2008 and to musccy who pointed out Rodgers outplayed Favre against Dallas in '07. (A point I made at the time although not on this board.) I'm sure there a lot of other posts on both sides but I only checked the first page.

One more BTW greenandgold: Except for the fact that Favre turned out to be a HOFer, Atlanta didn't do badly at the time of the trade. They converted their 33rd selection in the 1991 draft into the 19th selection in the 1992 draft. At the time the player they traded was very unreliable even for a rookie as he frequently was late for, or missed meetings. He was much more interested in partying than playing football.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand, but look at Tom Brady. 199th over all. Terrell Davis drafted 196th over all. The Packers aren't going to take a chance on some Joe without knowing everything. They saw something in him and knew he would be Brett's replacement.
Don't understand your point. Brady was and Davis were downgraded for various reasons. If the teams that drafted them knew they would be as good as they would be, they wouldn't have waited so long to draft them.

Every pick is a gamble. You can exactly determine their physical ability and evaluate how they played in college. What no NFL team knows is how hard they will work once they become a pro. Especially the kids who grew up poor, how are they going to react when they can suddenly afford many of the things they have gone without?

Is he going to have lavish parties to impress his friends; go to fancy balls; or go and pick up hot women at fancy clubs? Or is he going to stay at home, do a workout, study game tape, and discuss the playbook with his position coach?

That is the biggest difference in the busts and the successes in the NFL. Many of these kids succeed in college because they are just physically better. In the pros, they are going to have to work hard. To that end, the Packers appear to look for players that are the higher character guys who love football. But do they know 'everything'? No, there is still some gamble.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand the fans that say someone sucks and that we should trade them and act like we can get something great in return for what they view as garbage. I think some fans spend too much time playing madden.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand the fans that say someone sucks and that we should trade them and act like we can get something great in return for what they view as garbage. I think some fans spend too much time playing madden.

exactly, how the hell can they make such a claim with so little film on the guy, and without knowing him, seeing him in practice etc...

Heck, even players that are reportedly bad (Jarrett Bush) may end up surprising you and being a key component in a Super Bowl win.

rwb83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I like Aaron Rodgers I doubt he will ever be anything more than a decent QB. Brett Favre is looking better than ever, posting one of the best seasons of his career at the age of 38. Favre is enjoying the game as much as he ever has and could play several seasons.

If Ted Thompson can find a team in desperate need of a QB this off-season, willing to overpay in a Schaub-like trade, he should pull the lever. We should be able to pick up a 1st rounder, and then some, in a trade for Rodgers, how about picking Brian Brohm (Who I think is way more talented than Rodgers) ?

If Favre commits for an additional two seasons Rodgers will be 26-27 by the time he's starting, not old, however if we groom him too long my concern is that he will be a practice-player for life and unable adapt to the game as a starter, not probable but possible.

Adding some picks might not be a bad deal after all. Trade him now!

This is awesome when you look at it with todays knowledge...

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOLY COW !!!!! THIS IS SOME GREAT READING....
TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ ALL THE PAGES....

CLASSIC!

I came across this thread while looking over old threads.....

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yeah you can find some really good stuff when you mine the old threads. There's all kinds of stuff about firing TT and MM. In the information age your words can always come back to haunt you.

Latest posts