1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Trade Aaron Rodgers NOW

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bertram, Jan 23, 2008.

1. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, thats from taking it idb

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,039
    top 5 post all time.

• Like Like x 3
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Bertram I heard was Chilly

Makes sense now

4. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Bertram should be hired by ESPN cause he NAILED it.......not.

5. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I didn't realize this was an old thread when I started reading it (I forgot to look at the time stamps) and as a result, threw the mother of all hissy fits. I was about to blast Bertram, who probably is long gone, thankfully when I went back to quote one of his posts and, I glanced at when it was posted and thusly saved myself from writing a pretty good rant.

6. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Man Bertram nailed this prediction on the head. Hes so famous he needs to head to Chicago and help them out with his world class accurate predictions.

7. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    I personally believe that Bertram is the username of Jerry Angelo.

After all, we all have to listen to what Angelo has to say. I mean, look at how well his team did! :chisux:

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Ah, the old gang! I almost miss some of those stupid fights. Fuzznuts was such a caricature.

9. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +868
    Fuzznuts. That guy was hilariously stupid.

Where did he and his fellow trolls go? I am guessing they following their man-crush to, eventually, the Vikings boards? ... If so, that has been perhaps the best thing about the whole Favre retire/unretire/trade thing! We got to lose a bunch of losers and have them added to our rivals boards at the same time! Double win.

Hopefully, they stay gone now that Brett is riding his tractor full time.

10. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    That's unfortunate Kitten. Perhaps I am the only one who missed it, but it sure seems to me like it has been far too long since we have been able to read a good long KITTEN rant! Rant away.

11. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Wow. Just wow.

Did Favre do this much damage to Packer fans' intelligence, or the bandwagoners were just this much stupid? "Yeah, we have a 38 year old QB and we've drafted his sucessor, but let's trade him and be in disaray for the future, just because!"

Shame on you, "packer fans" that started this thread and actually thought about trading Rodgers.

PFanCan nailed it. We may've lost in numbers, but our fanbase is much better off without blind morons like that.

(I do realize it's very probable that it'll happen again, with Rodgers. And I do realize I might be guilty in the future of hypocrisy. But we'll deal with it when and if it happens)

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I would looooooove having to deal with that kind of problem again!

13. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,777
    But if we had traded Rodgers and gotten some picks and weapons for Favre, we would have prolly won the last four superbowls, brett wouldn't have been run out of town by TT. That and TT got off his butt and signed some free agents - that cheap bastard.

14. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,777
    Bwahahahahaha! Can't believe I typed all that with a straight face. Wish the antis were still about. They need five years of torment to equal the nonstop character assassination of TT

15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Wow, I had no idea this site was going back then..... wish I was a part of it back then.

What an A**HOLE some people were.
    I remember getting into arguments that year with people who were anti-Rodgers, and called him gay even.

This is why I listed in the MISCONCEPTIONS thread that all Packer fans are loyal, and smart.

16. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    If Bertram thought we could get a lot for Rodgers back then, just think how much we could get for him now. :wink2: lol

17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,966

I along with tons of other fans that stuck by Ted feel so vindicated...

We were told that we had no clue, that Ted didnt know what he was doing and should be fired and we were not real Packer fans for sticking by Ted for doing what he was doing..

I bet that majority of those fans now are soooo pissed off that they won the SB..

Lot gave Ted and team props but I know it is eating them inside..

Specially that guy realpackerbacker? He was here and claimed that Rodgers HAD to win the SB this year or he was a bust..He refuses to come back to post here

• Like Like x 3
  18. jamie97520

jamie97520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    How interesting. As they say Hindsight is 20/20. :)

At first i thought this was a thread someone was trying to post today, very confusing.

Thanks for the re-thread!

Jamie

19. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Just wait until the season starts! I'm sharpening my claws. Show yourself trolls! Reading back in some of the old posts/ threads on here, some of these guys I could of really sunk my teeth into.... wish they'd come out and play.

20. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    I was happy when i heard the news that the Train has left the station without favre. After that Game against the Giants I welcomed Rodgers.

Because I wanted a QB to lead the team that wont **** up every game.

21. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I'll tell the truth, I never would have considered trading Aaron. But I did have my reservations about his durability. I was worried about losing a 3 time MVP QB who never missed a game to a quality young QB who couldn't possibly live up to his "ironman" status. This reminds me of a scene from "Charlie Wilson's War":

Gust Avrakotos: There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. The boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later, the boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "How terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful."
    Charlie Wilson: Now the Zen master says, "We'll see."

Real fans couldn't be behind the Farver after his exhaultedness was thinking himself better than the franchise and it's fans. I was behind Rodgers from day one. He's the man. As for my worries about Aaron and his health....
    as the Zen master says: "We'll see"

But he is the QB of the greatest team in the history of the NFL and I'm a fan.

22. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Forgot the he wont last a year, is injury prone, yada yada yada

Yeah he may not have ever played 300 straight games or what ever..

But no one ever was going to be able to do that, and the ones holding that against him just didnt want to give him a chance

23. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +278
    I remember that D-BAG...I really would love to have a Q&A w/ that guy

24. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Regardless the fact that there were a handful of times when "the streak" hurt the team more than it helped the team.

• Like Like x 1
  25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I wasn't here when Favre was traded, but this is how I thought back then (you could probably find some posts of mine on cheeseheadtv.com):

I did not think Rodgers would amount to what he is now. I know a lot of people saw him play against DAL and immediately thought that we might have something special in Rodgers, but I didn't.

However, once Favre retired, I was behind Rodgers and CO 100%. I did think he would not play as well as Favre did in 07, but truth be told, Rodgers in 08 was as good as Favre in 07. He just did not have the defense and ST.

So while I can't be critical of people doubting Rodgers back then (because he hadn't play enough to persuade anyone either way), claiming for a trade is such an idiotic move it hurts. It's one thing to doubt how good the guy can be, but to say that he would never be great, and questioning management, that had seen this guy practice for 3 years, was retarded.