Trade Aaron Rodgers NOW

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I like Aaron Rodgers I doubt he will ever be anything more than a decent QB. Brett Favre is looking better than ever, posting one of the best seasons of his career at the age of 38. Favre is enjoying the game as much as he ever has and could play several seasons.

If Ted Thompson can find a team in desperate need of a QB this off-season, willing to overpay in a Schaub-like trade, he should pull the lever. We should be able to pick up a 1st rounder, and then some, in a trade for Rodgers, how about picking Brian Brohm (Who I think is way more talented than Rodgers) ?

If Favre commits for an additional two seasons Rodgers will be 26-27 by the time he's starting, not old, however if we groom him too long my concern is that he will be a practice-player for life and unable adapt to the game as a starter, not probable but possible.

Adding some picks might not be a bad deal after all. Trade him now!

top 5 post all time.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't realize this was an old thread when I started reading it (I forgot to look at the time stamps) and as a result, threw the mother of all hissy fits. I was about to blast Bertram, who probably is long gone, thankfully when I went back to quote one of his posts and, I glanced at when it was posted and thusly saved myself from writing a pretty good rant.

L

Lunchboxer

Man Bertram nailed this prediction on the head. Hes so famous he needs to head to Chicago and help them out with his world class accurate predictions.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Fuzznuts. That guy was hilariously stupid.

Where did he and his fellow trolls go? I am guessing they following their man-crush to, eventually, the Vikings boards? ... If so, that has been perhaps the best thing about the whole Favre retire/unretire/trade thing! We got to lose a bunch of losers and have them added to our rivals boards at the same time! Double win.

Hopefully, they stay gone now that Brett is riding his tractor full time.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I didn't realize this was an old thread when I started reading it (I forgot to look at the time stamps) and as a result, threw the mother of all hissy fits. I was about to blast Bertram, who probably is long gone, thankfully when I went back to quote one of his posts and, I glanced at when it was posted and thusly saved myself from writing a pretty good rant.

That's unfortunate Kitten. Perhaps I am the only one who missed it, but it sure seems to me like it has been far too long since we have been able to read a good long KITTEN rant! Rant away.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow.

Did Favre do this much damage to Packer fans' intelligence, or the bandwagoners were just this much stupid? "Yeah, we have a 38 year old QB and we've drafted his sucessor, but let's trade him and be in disaray for the future, just because!"

Shame on you, "packer fans" that started this thread and actually thought about trading Rodgers.

PFanCan nailed it. We may've lost in numbers, but our fanbase is much better off without blind morons like that.

(I do realize it's very probable that it'll happen again, with Rodgers. And I do realize I might be guilty in the future of hypocrisy. But we'll deal with it when and if it happens)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if we had traded Rodgers and gotten some picks and weapons for Favre, we would have prolly won the last four superbowls, brett wouldn't have been run out of town by TT. That and TT got off his butt and signed some free agents - that cheap bastard.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bwahahahahaha! Can't believe I typed all that with a straight face. Wish the antis were still about. They need five years of torment to equal the nonstop character assassination of TT

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea this site was going back then..... wish I was a part of it back then.

What an A**HOLE some people were.
I remember getting into arguments that year with people who were anti-Rodgers, and called him gay even.

This is why I listed in the MISCONCEPTIONS thread that all Packer fans are loyal, and smart.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
If Bertram thought we could get a lot for Rodgers back then, just think how much we could get for him now. :wink2: lol

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea this site was going back then..... wish I was a part of it back then.

What an A**HOLE some people were.
I remember getting into arguments that year with people who were anti-Rodgers, and called him gay even.

This is why I listed in the MISCONCEPTIONS thread that all Packer fans are loyal, and smart.

I along with tons of other fans that stuck by Ted feel so vindicated...

We were told that we had no clue, that Ted didnt know what he was doing and should be fired and we were not real Packer fans for sticking by Ted for doing what he was doing..

I bet that majority of those fans now are soooo pissed off that they won the SB..

Lot gave Ted and team props but I know it is eating them inside..

Specially that guy realpackerbacker? He was here and claimed that Rodgers HAD to win the SB this year or he was a bust..He refuses to come back to post here

jamie97520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How interesting. As they say Hindsight is 20/20. :)

At first i thought this was a thread someone was trying to post today, very confusing.

Thanks for the re-thread!

Jamie

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's unfortunate Kitten. Perhaps I am the only one who missed it, but it sure seems to me like it has been far too long since we have been able to read a good long KITTEN rant! Rant away.

Just wait until the season starts! I'm sharpening my claws. Show yourself trolls! Reading back in some of the old posts/ threads on here, some of these guys I could of really sunk my teeth into.... wish they'd come out and play.

L

Lunchboxer

I was happy when i heard the news that the Train has left the station without favre. After that Game against the Giants I welcomed Rodgers.

Because I wanted a QB to lead the team that wont **** up every game.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'll tell the truth, I never would have considered trading Aaron. But I did have my reservations about his durability. I was worried about losing a 3 time MVP QB who never missed a game to a quality young QB who couldn't possibly live up to his "ironman" status. This reminds me of a scene from "Charlie Wilson's War":

Gust Avrakotos: There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. The boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later, the boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "How terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful."
Charlie Wilson: Now the Zen master says, "We'll see."

Real fans couldn't be behind the Farver after his exhaultedness was thinking himself better than the franchise and it's fans. I was behind Rodgers from day one. He's the man. As for my worries about Aaron and his health....
as the Zen master says: "We'll see"

But he is the QB of the greatest team in the history of the NFL and I'm a fan.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgot the he wont last a year, is injury prone, yada yada yada

Yeah he may not have ever played 300 straight games or what ever..

But no one ever was going to be able to do that, and the ones holding that against him just didnt want to give him a chance

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I along with tons of other fans that stuck by Ted feel so vindicated...

We were told that we had no clue, that Ted didnt know what he was doing and should be fired and we were not real Packer fans for sticking by Ted for doing what he was doing..

I bet that majority of those fans now are soooo pissed off that they won the SB..

Lot gave Ted and team props but I know it is eating them inside..

Specially that guy realpackerbacker? He was here and claimed that Rodgers HAD to win the SB this year or he was a bust..He refuses to come back to post here

I remember that D-BAG...I really would love to have a Q&A w/ that guy

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgot the he wont last a year, is injury prone, yada yada yada

Yeah he may not have ever played 300 straight games or what ever..

But no one ever was going to be able to do that, and the ones holding that against him just didnt want to give him a chance

Regardless the fact that there were a handful of times when "the streak" hurt the team more than it helped the team.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't here when Favre was traded, but this is how I thought back then (you could probably find some posts of mine on cheeseheadtv.com):

I did not think Rodgers would amount to what he is now. I know a lot of people saw him play against DAL and immediately thought that we might have something special in Rodgers, but I didn't.

However, once Favre retired, I was behind Rodgers and CO 100%. I did think he would not play as well as Favre did in 07, but truth be told, Rodgers in 08 was as good as Favre in 07. He just did not have the defense and ST.

So while I can't be critical of people doubting Rodgers back then (because he hadn't play enough to persuade anyone either way), claiming for a trade is such an idiotic move it hurts. It's one thing to doubt how good the guy can be, but to say that he would never be great, and questioning management, that had seen this guy practice for 3 years, was retarded.