Trade Aaron Rodgers NOW

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I like Aaron Rodgers I doubt he will ever be anything more than a decent QB. Brett Favre is looking better than ever, posting one of the best seasons of his career at the age of 38. Favre is enjoying the game as much as he ever has and could play several seasons.

If Ted Thompson can find a team in desperate need of a QB this off-season, willing to overpay in a Schaub-like trade, he should pull the lever. We should be able to pick up a 1st rounder, and then some, in a trade for Rodgers, how about picking Brian Brohm (Who I think is way more talented than Rodgers) ?

If Favre commits for an additional two seasons Rodgers will be 26-27 by the time he's starting, not old, however if we groom him too long my concern is that he will be a practice-player for life and unable adapt to the game as a starter, not probable but possible.

Adding some picks might not be a bad deal after all. Trade him now!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree...

Rodgers is way overhyped...

So far he hasn't really done anything in the NFL...I think he will be very mediocre. Sort of like a Trent Dilfer journeyman...

I'd say trade him to the Browns for Brady Quinn, but they already have a starter.

Maybe Miami would be interested....

Don't they have the first pick?

(Favre could play for 3-5 more years and get the Pack to a few SB's...That is the future!)

The future is now with Favre!

Show him the love TT for being a top 3 QB this year and getting your team to the NFC Championhip game!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow......thats a tough one. If Favre doesn't come back Rodgers will be our starter. If Favre DOES return, Rodgers might want out.
We have had some pretty good backups here during Favre's run.

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the mighty A-Rod. But it would be waste just to have him sit around for another season, maybe even more.

As Cheesy said, If Favre goes Rodgers will start and that'd be good for hime. But if Favre stays for "1 more" season Rodgers might want to go and trading him would be the best option.

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However, I don't think we should trade him unless we receive more than a first rounder, I believe it would be a great trade if he was traded for a 1st and a 3rd rounder.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading him for Quinn would make no sense. Quinn would be dangled for the same reason as Rodgers, and he's as unproven.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However, I don't think we should trade him unless we receive more than a first rounder, I believe it would be a great trade if he was traded for a 1st and a 3rd rounder.
I don't think anyone would give that much for Rodgers.

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinn is quite unrealistic. I wouldn't even mention him..

Maybe:

Aaron Rodgers to Kansas - Swapped first round picks, a 2nd round pick in 2008 and a 2nd round pick in 2009.

basicly what the Falcons got for Schaub, I would be very happy about a deal like that..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
First I don't see this happening, it leaves the cupboard very bare.. however, anything is possible, and maybe Aaron would throw a fit and demand a trade.

If that were to happen, realistically there are only about 4 places for him to be traded to.. in my book.

Kansas City (they have Croyle to develop there, unless they throw in the towel on that project.)
Atlanta
Miami
Carolina

Other franchises in desperate need of a strong QB would be in our division.. don't see that happening anytime soon.

It would have to be a sweet deal for us to trade him, but if I am a franchise looking for a QB.. I call the Browns and try to pry Anderson away from them, proven he can play already.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.... Brilliant! Trade him for a first round pick to Atlanta.

How poetic would that be when the Falcons get a future Superstar from the Packers in a trade for a Quarterback the Packers gave up on.

Where have I heard of that scenario before in a trade between these two teams?

Pack93z

Reaction score
Derek Anderson is a RFA now and he will probably get a high tender..

Which you can sign him to an offer sheet and make them match.. compensation being draft picks or work out a deal in a trade straight up for him. However it would cost a boatload either way.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought, and was really hoping, the Pack would have taken Quinn in the draft when he fell.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys really serious? Did any of you watch the Dallas game? Favre played like absolute garbage putting the packers in a big hole, while Rodgers was efficient, a great leader, elusive, and ultimately one of the biggest reasons the packers got back into the game and made it competitive.
ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
A.Rodgers 26 18 201 3/24 1 43 0 104.8
B.Favre 14 5 56 0/0 0 19 2 8.9

One good game does not make a career, I know that...but in his most significant appearance to date in the NFL, he was very impressive, and quite frankly, outplayed Brett

Pack93z

Reaction score
Are you guys really serious?

Not really, just throwing out some Madden type trades.. :)

But if Brett did come to TT and MM and say I commit for 2 or 3 more years.. it is an alternative I guess.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys really serious? Did any of you watch the Dallas game? Favre played like absolute garbage putting the packers in a big hole, while Rodgers was efficient, a great leader, elusive, and ultimately one of the biggest reasons the packers got back into the game and made it competitive.
ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
A.Rodgers 26 18 201 3/24 1 43 0 104.8
B.Favre 14 5 56 0/0 0 19 2 8.9

One good game does not make a career, I know that...but in his most significant appearance to date in the NFL, he was very impressive, and quite frankly, outplayed Brett

But you have to remember in the Dallas game MM had Brett throwing the ball down field to try and get start, we saw that it didnt work, so the second half MM finally went back to the way we play the games and win and thats when Rodgers went in. I think IMO that if they had the play calling that won us games in the past when Favre was in he would have won us that game.

Rodgers is a good QB but is he great? IMO I dont think so, he will never come up to Favre. It seems when he is in a game he gets hurt, he isnt as tough. If Rodgers is our starting QB we will wait years to go to a Superbowl.

I also dont know how long Rodgers will want to sit on the bench waiting, he may want to try and get a starters job somewheres else. I did meet Rodgers and hes a great guy very funny.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Yes.... Brilliant! Trade him for a first round pick to Atlanta.

How poetic would that be when the Falcons get a future Superstar from the Packers in a trade for a Quarterback the Packers gave up on.

Where have I heard of that scenario before in a trade between these two teams?

i totally agree with that ^^^

Rodgers is a 3rd year understudy and no matter what, we will probably never ever find another Brett Favre. Think about what TT and McCarthy have done in building this young team.

We should be able to get back to the playoffs next year and bringing in a rookie or even someone with experience would be a set back especially if Brett does indeed decide to retire.

Then we are in the hole. Rodgers kind of proved he can play but he needs more time on the field and not warming the bench.

Green Bay has given a lot to the NFL in terms of good quality QB's going on to different teams and doing pretty well.
just my opinion.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers sucks...

When teams start scheming for him week in and week out he will get average pretty quick.

Trade him now for whatever you can get.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Rodgers and wouldn't mind seeing how he does as the starter before we cut him loose.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers sucks...

When teams start scheming for him week in and week out he will get average pretty quick.

How do you know? What evidence do you have that shows he sucks?

I think trading him is quite possibly the dumbest idea I've heard this year. We trade him when he's improving in all aspects of the game and learning McCarthy's system. Smart.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
Rodgers sucks...

How do you know? What evidence do you have that shows he sucks?

I think trading him is quite possibly the dumbest idea I've heard this year. We trade him when he's improving in all aspects of the game and learning McCarthy's system. Smart.

Fuzz played football. Because of this, he is the worlds greatest evaluator of talent as well. This thread is dumb. No one in their right mind is going to let Aaron go anywhere.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
#1, who ever said when ever he is in a game he gets hurt? He GOT STEPPED ON, BROKE HIS FOOT AND PLAYED REST OF THE GAME.And yes he pulled his hammy..

So ONE PULLED HAMMY doesnt = injury prone

#2- Who TRULY thinks any team is willing to give up a 1st rounder for him? I sure as hell dont think they would get a 1st rounder..Randy Moss only got a 4th. So what is his value then?

#3- Can the team AFFORD to spend a few years on a darft pick..what if Brett does say this is the last year..Is the team willing to toss in a 2year player with only ONE year under his belt in this system?

#4- Is there any real f/a q/b out there to help you as a back up..And before you answer------ the BEARS will be looking in that same pool

#5- Lets just jump the gun and say get rid of him with out any sort of plan

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thank you longtime and wils0646 for adding some rational posts to this thread.

I don't understand what Aaron has done for people not to believe in him...vs. maybe the hottest team in football at the time, he had a great game (see stats I posted above)..

To me, he's done nothing but demonstrate that he has the potential to be at least a compotent NFL quarterback...those guys don't grow on trees!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts