Tracking the 2023 Green Bay Roster

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Kyrs Barnes won't be returning to The Packers. Not too big of a surprise.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

Another area where Brian scores well imo in in bringing in low-cost FA players that offer more value than their contract $. Sammy was a miss, but we basically paid him very minimal $$ so his deficient cost was more just due to taking a valuable roster spot/snaps.

I agree Gutekunst has done a good job finding low cost veteran players that perform above expectations. That's one area he has definitely excelled in.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OLB Justin Hollins re-signed for 1yr/Vet Min. deal. Could play a lot in early season until Gary gets completely back from ACL in '22. 6'-5", 248 lbs and was productive in 1/4-time duty late last season as well as ST.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
OLB Justin Hollins re-signed for 1yr/Vet Min. deal. Could play a lot in early season until Gary gets completely back from ACL in '22. 6'-5", 248 lbs and was productive in 1/4-time duty late last season as well as ST.
Oh. I like that move.

One of Guteys strengths is working on a Budget. On strictly Player evaluation, he’s a Top 10 GM imo.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Hollins barely played on ST last year, but maybe that will change.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute is/has been really loading-up the roster with high RAS guys I'm finding out as I dig. QB Danny Etling is 6'-2.5", 220 lbs. and had a RAS of 8.31 coming out in 2018. Graduated with a 3.9 GPA (Communications) with only knock against him was needed work on his mechanics. Hopefully 2 years with Clements that gets fixed & GB has a solid backup QB?!?

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Gute is/has been really loading-up the roster with high RAS guys I'm finding out as I dig. QB Danny Etling is 6'-2.5", 220 lbs. and had a RAS of 8.31 coming out in 2018. Graduated with a 3.9 GPA (Communications) with only knock against him was needed work on his mechanics. Hopefully 2 years with Clements that gets fixed & GB has a solid backup QB?!?
I'm hoping we have a starting QB. Not worried about a backup.

Reaction score
I'm hoping we have a starting QB. Not worried about a backup.
I think we should just Cut all our QB’s past Jordan for Cap Reasons and try to lose each game and get the #1 selection. Draft at #15 and move onto Day 3

Use any acquired selections and Day 2’s + our Natural Day 2’s in a historic trade back similar to the Interactive Mocks into the 2024-2025 drafts and get like 17 draft picks next season. Plus our naturals next season including #1 overall. :roflmao::coffee:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I love this resign. I think Hollins played pretty well at times. Still needs some polish, but at that price, a great signing.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't feel comfortable entering the season with Etling as the backup. Since being drafted in the seventh round of 2018 he hasn't played a single snap in the NFL.

Krabs

Reaction score
I think we should just Cut all our QB’s past Jordan for Cap Reasons and try to lose each game and get the #1 selection. Draft at #15 and move onto Day 3

Use any acquired selections and Day 2’s + our Natural Day 2’s in a historic trade back similar to the Interactive Mocks into the 2024-2025 drafts and get like 17 draft picks next season. Plus our naturals next season including #1 overall. :roflmao::coffee:
Better yet, just trade Love and go all Wildcat on the NFL. They won't see it coming!

Reaction score
Better yet, just trade Love and go all Wildcat on the NFL. They won't see it coming!
Yes! Trade him for another Day 2 and trade those 4 Second Rounders for more 2024-2025 capital.

Next year get our QB #1 overall
(For finishing 1-16; Wildcat beat the Bears!)

In the 2024 draft we’d turn loose with:#18,#25,#28
Our natural #33,#65,#97,#133
Acquired #69,#76,#100,#102, #137,#152,#170, #189,#218,
#220,#233,#243,#250
+ Comp picks from losing Cobb, Lazard, Lewis, Tunyon, Etc.

Let the team know before the season starts they are on NOTICE! :)
No more fraternizing. :coffee:
Play BAAALLLLL! (Like an umpire shout!) :tup:

PS. I’ve checked the math through an interactive Mock it’s a done deal!:whistling:
Tyni we will need your assistance organizing and categorizing draft selections and we pay $100/hour, just get with Gutey Monday morn

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Next year get our QB #1 overall
Better yet, Love is even better than advertised, but we still finish 1-16 due to Barry doing a hack job with the defense. Barry is fired and the Packers take that #1 pick in the draft and cash it out for a ton of draft stock, now you are up to....23 picks. :D

Reaction score
Better yet, Love is even better than advertised, but we still finish 1-16 due to Barry doing a hack job with the defense. Barry is fired and the Packers take that #1 pick in the draft and cash it out for a ton of draft stock, now you are up to....23 picks. :D
I considered it but I wanted our draft to give the impression of calm cool and collective ;)

Speaking our our New QB. Check this out. He had a Scout clock him at 4.69 not to shabby.
(2:40) the Mahommes/MJ roll)
(3:05) The Buzz
(3:29) Ceiling Projection
(4:00) Initial Game plan
(4:50) draft Board
(6:15) INT spike

Last edited:

Krabs

Reaction score
I really believe we are onto something here. I'll get Gute on the phone.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is a pretty decent article for those who want to understand what kicking the can forward has done. As the article says:

"That’s not criticism, at least from this perspective. With the back-to-back MVP leading a team with back-to-back-to-back 13-win seasons, Gutekunst did what he could to maximize the championship window. The reward was great. So was the risk."

Reaction score
Kyrs Barnes won't be returning to The Packers. Not too big of a surprise.
I liked Barnes, but once we drafted Walker, Krys was pretty much kept around for ST. Also McDuffie is a riser and if we need a LB in FA I’m pretty sure Eric Wilson would come back for in that same cheap money range $1m.
We also have a plethora of Day 3 selections, so it might be time to take a stab at iLB on Day 3

D

Deleted member 6794

I liked Barnes, but once we drafted Walker, Krys was pretty much kept around for ST.

It's interesting to note that Barnes hardly played on special teams after coming back from injury late in the season as well. In total he played only 25 snaps on ST in 2022 with 15 of them coming in week 1 against the Vikings.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Barnes, but once we drafted Walker, Krys was pretty much kept around for ST. Also McDuffie is a riser and if we need a LB in FA I’m pretty sure Eric Wilson would come back for in that same cheap money range $1m.
We also have a plethora of Day 3 selections, so it might be time to take a stab at iLB on Day 3
I agree that McDuffie seems to be playing very well.

Reaction score
It's interesting to note that Barnes hardly played on special teams after coming back from injury late in the season as well. In total he played only 25 snaps on ST in 2022 with 15 of them coming in week 1 against the Vikings.
While that might be true. We had brought in like 3 or 4 guys including Eric Wilson and every bit as good as Barnes at like <$300K more prorated. Plus again McDuffie is starting to come around and he’s cheap $ also. We had 4 good LB’s that were healthy we didn’t need Barnes. Nothing personal he’s a good man and he played admirable when healthy.

Latest posts