Tracking the 2023 Green Bay Roster

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyler Davis resigned. Makes a ton of sense, familiarity, low cost, low risk and has shown progress. He’ll be fighting for TE3/4 spots.

D

Deleted member 6794

Which in this FA market is a freaking bargain for a OT....If I'm a GM elsewhere, I'd strongly consider it.

Well, a team signing Nijman would have to offer him a better deal than the $4.3 million he's scheduled to make with the Packers as well as give up a second round pick on top of it. Not gonna happen.

Does anyone know what the Jets cap situation looks like? I assume if the Rodgers trade ever goes through for them, they have it in the works to sign him to a new contract, so that they can take a minimal hit this year and keep shopping for Free Agents.

The Jets currently have somewhere between $11.7M and $12.8M of cap space. If they exercise Rodgers' option bonus of $58.3 million he would count $15.8 million towards their cap in 2023.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have made their first splash signing of the offseason, agreeing to a 3-year deal with long snapper Matt Orzech. That will for sure help improve the team tremendously :roflmao:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers have made their first splash signing of the offseason, agreeing to a 3-year deal with long snapper Matt Orzech. That will for sure help improve the team tremendously :roflmao:
Super Bowl bound! Game changer right there!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe not tremendously but it never hurts to have competition at every position during training camp.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If it wasn’t for his injury he I bet was still starting for them.
Could be. I didn't know much about him, until I read a bit and saw the Achilles injury and how slow he was to come back from it. We can only hope he has come all the way back and the Packers just signed themselves a decent starting S at a good price.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He only didn’t play more due to his injury.

Dude was a crazy good RAS and third rounder - his injury is only reason he got usurped by others.

D

Deleted member 6794

He only didn’t play more due to his injury.

Dude was a crazy good RAS and third rounder - his injury is only reason he got usurped by others.

I understand that. My point is that it's difficult to evaluate him at this point because of his injury. There's no way of knowing if he's still as athletic as he was before.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright OP is updated completely....FTR the Tonyan deal was QUITE CHEAP - 2.65M tells me the Packers were absolutely done with him it seems cuz that is not expensive at all.

Reaction score
Depending on where the pick ends up, I wouldn't mind a 2nd rounder for Nijman.
I love seeing UDFA players from the Throwaway bin go on to rise and demand consideration for top 50-60 type selection.
It seems almost surreal that we could possibly get a 2nd Rounder for Nijman who was Undrafted out of VaTech and carved into form over 4 seasons; then we could get a 4th Round Comp for Lazard after getting full use out of him, yet someone of the caliber of Aaron Rodgers under a multi year contract is considered by some as unworthy of that (because GB is similarly considering moving on).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright OP is updated completely....FTR the Tonyan deal was QUITE CHEAP - 2.65M tells me the Packers were absolutely done with him it seems cuz that is not expensive at all.
I think we know what that means for the draft. They are eyeballing TE by #45 overall or sooner

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we know what that means for the draft. They are eyeballing TE by #45 overall or sooner
Eh possibly, I don’t expect Gute to ever enter a draft with such a cornered void he essentially must do something. I one hundred percent expect a FA veteran TE signing - even if it is Lewis alone, but someone.

I expect a similar signing like that for WR as well.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also believe that Jeremy Ruckert or perhaps even Conklin might be part of the Rodgers deal that is gonna happen at some point.

Members online

Latest posts