Tracking the #1 seed

Reaction score
There is no excuse to lose to the Vikings. Even beat up we should make them call us papi.

As for the Rams and Ravens they’re both over rated. We probably drop a game somewhere along the way just by having a bad day but I don’t see any reason we don’t finish 14-3.
Gut feeling is we should win. However it is a road game and MN is basically a .500 team. Rodgers hasn’t taken a snap in 2 weeks and we’re a bit banged up. The Vikings are catching us at a low if you will.
I like our chances tho.

That said, if we win? It brings the playoff picture into focus. We’d likely be working from a bottom floor of a #4 seed and climbing up the ladder.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
huh? explain yourself.
Im pretty sure he is implying that he has not been able to practice.

I agree with you @OldSchool101 that the Vikes this week scare me given this fact, as well as the injuries that we have, as well as the drive the Vikes must feel to win this game. Remember that this is a good football team, which just as easily could have won vs the Bengals and Ravens games, and also played really well vs both the Cardinals ánd Cowboys.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Rodgers played last week. He made it sound like the 2 weeks will end next Sunday.
For myself anyway. I just pointed out that Rodgers has missed 2 weeks of live practice as our #1. I don’t think anyone (including himself) would disagree with that not being preferential over playing in person in practice. Rodgers himself mentioned how the importance of live practices, so I’m just reiterating his own sentiment.

All that said, it’s also duly noted that there is no better “practice” than 4 quarters against a formidable Seattle Defense. It’s a very slight disadvantage handing snaps to another QB, but his absence is obviously to get his body prepared, so that’s a debatable topic in itself.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I took the Vikes early in the week + 3.5. That is where all of the early money has gone as the line has gone down to 1. Here's to Crosby breaking a tie with a game winner as time runs out.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think anyone who says this game doesn't worry them is either delusional or flat out lying. Its a game that I do believe we should win because I do believe we are the better team but its a divisional game and the vikings may not be as bad as their record says. Its easy to be brash and claim the Packers will win big if there are no consequences. If you are right you brag about it and if you are wrong you just keep your mouth shut and pretend you never said anything.

Reaction score
This should be a close one. I could either see us falling behind early and then digging our way back out of a hole.
Or getting up 2 scores and then taking our foot off the gas and inviting them back in the game.

If we can win by even 1 point on the road, missing all these guys? (Mercilus, Jones, Za’Darius, Baktiari, Lazard, Meyers and J’aire) I just feel we dodge a non fatal bullet. My gut tells me the tide is about to turn in the Packers favor between now... and us coming off the bye week. Winning this game is exponential for several reasons. A win here is like getting up 10 strokes halfway into the back nine.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardinals are still chugging along even without Kyler.

We need to beat the Rams and hope they beat Cards the week after.

D

Deleted member 6794

That being said, I'd rather play the Bucs remaining schedule as opposed to the Packers.

The Bucs still have to play some good teams in the Colts and the Bills as well as division games against the Saints and Panthers. I don't consider their schedule to be any easier than the Packers' one.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Bucs still have to play some good teams in the Colts and the Bills as well as division games against the Saints and Panthers. I don't consider their schedule to be any easier than the Packers' one.
The Saints and the Bills are both trending down and it is very debatable whether either are good teams right now or easy wins for opponents.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Saints and the Bills are both trending down and it is very debatable whether either are good teams right now or easy wins for opponents.

Fair enough, the Bucs already lost to the Saints with Siemian playing the majority of the snaps. In addition I expect the Bills to get back on track at some point as well.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give you the Saints without Kamara and Winston but if you are going to argue that the Bills are not a good team you're crazy. Like Captain I expect them to bounce back real quick.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers don't quite control its own destiny, but if they win out and the Cardinals lose even a single game, the Packers will earn the #1 seed regardless of what else happens.

Just win, baby!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers don't quite control its own destiny, but if they win out and the Cardinals lose even a single game, the Packers will earn the #1 seed regardless of what else happens.

Just win, baby!
well… I would say they definitely do control their destiny…. maybe not for the number 1 seed…. but If they don’t lose again … well that would mean they won the Superbowl lol.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just win, baby!

True, I'm not optimistic about beating the Rams today though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well… I would say they definitely do control their destiny…. maybe not for the number 1 seed…. but If they don’t lose again … well that would mean they won the Superbowl lol.
^^^This guy knows the deal.

I hope you're as prophetic as you are wise :)

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Current Standings:

Arizona 9-2
Green Bay 8-3
Tampa Bay 7-3
LA Rams 7-3
Dallas 7-4

Game to watch today: Tampa Bay in Indy.

Cardinals have to play the Rams and Cowboys. So there's 2 guaranteed losses or ties in those two games for competing teams.

It's going to be extremely difficult for Arizona to not drop a game or two down the stretch between having to play the two aforementioned teams, plus the Colts.

Not going to go so far as to say that the Cardinals have been exposed, but their losses against the Panthers prove they are gettable.

I'm really liking the position the Packers are in.

Reaction score
The Rams were one of the most difficult challenges of our remaining games.

I think we’ll beat the Vikings at Lambeau after watching that matchup. Can you imagine had Cook been out and Jones bern in last matchup? We played missing Rashan and Jones, that’s a huge hole.

The only other Road game that concerns me is @ Ravens. Obviously Detroit isn’t a huge threat and everyone else comes to Lambeau. Browns, Bears, Vikings are all home games again. That’s a huge advantage in December. The one thing you can Bank on is this won’t be US Bank Stadium like, not playing for a #1 seed and likely elimination of Minnesota. I actually believe we’ll best MN by 2 scores. As long as we start netting players beforehand.

We’re currently a #2 seed hosting all games except the NFC game at Lambeau.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen Baltimore play at least 3 games this season and they're trash. Put a spy (Campbell) on Jackson & minimize his runs and their offense withers. I have no doubt GB walks away with a 38-13 thumping of the Ravens.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt about it, the Packers could end up with the best NFC record, and the road to the Super Bowl could run through Lambeau Field. We need to enjoy this moment, because we might not find ourselves in this position again for a few years.

Members online

Latest posts