Tracking the #1 seed

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be. Like I said, just looking at the 2 losses against the Bucs and Falcons, really isn't enough data to conclude anything. We do know that statistically, the home team is at an advantage and I think that has been pegged in many cases to be about a 3 point advantage? Whether its weather, fans, travel, home cooking, etc. I would guess they all come into play to some degree and vary from player to player, team to team.
Wasn't the Falcons game also the first time Lambeau used heated coils under the turf? I recall many people saying that gave Vick a huge advantage

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Could be. Like I said, just looking at the 2 losses against the Bucs and Falcons, really isn't enough data to conclude anything. We do know that statistically, the home team is at an advantage and I think that has been pegged in many cases to be about a 3 point advantage? Whether its weather, fans, travel, home cooking, etc. I would guess they all come into play to some degree and vary from player to player, team to team.
Another note on last year's game. It's gonna be much different with 80,000+ in attendance vs 7500 or whatever it was last year. I would love to see that atmosphere.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Which yard line? Or are you up there in the corner behind the goal post? That where they normally stick me. Just far enough away that I can’t factor
20 Yard line Section 116, Packers side of the field. They aren't my seats, they are a buddy of mines. Fortunately for me, I'm his first call when he and/or his wife can't go.

Reaction score
I'm trying to get Buggy to go to the game with me, but he's too damn cheap to fly over from England! :roflmao:
Last night on the phone. M.. My Big Sister told me not to fly until after covid.
I asked her why?? She said “Pilot’s were getting vaccinated and having aneurisms at 32,000 feet and dying in flight”
I asked her who was landing the plane?!
She said “The Co-Pilot”…..
Long pause ….

….
….,
There was nobody around me.. but I found myself looking around for help. Anybody. Please help me!

I cannot figure out why frequent flyers are fine, but it goes after Pilots? What the Footbsll team is going on around here! (In my best Vince hollering voice)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last night on the phone. M.. My Big Sister told me not to fly until after covid.
I asked her why?? She said “Pilot’s were getting vaccinated and having aneurisms at 32,000 feet and dying in flight”
I asked her who was landing the plane?!
She said “The Co-Pilot”…..
Long pause ….

….
….,
There was nobody around me.. but I found myself looking around for help. Anybody. Please help me!

I cannot figure out why frequent flyers are fine, but it goes after Pilots? What the Footbsll team is going on around here!
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Tell her to stop watching FAUX News.

Reaction score
I had nightmares all last night of me having to take control and land my own flight. The passengers were cheering me on..
but I felt like Jordan Love flying a plane without a test run and landing in KC, all the while with a dead pilot who resembled Aaron Rodgers in the seat next to me.

D

Deleted member 6794

Interesting note. The only teams with Defenses allowing less points than the Packers over a 9 contests stretch are:

New England
Denver
Arizona

Green Bay has quietly flown completely under the radar as far as D rankings because many focus on yards given up. We are ranked #8 in scoring (20.0) and dropping. One team in our way is a very well equipped Seattle D (ranked #6)
Here’s hoping to quietly improve on that this week.

Just curious, where are the Packers in comparison to teams that have played 8 games? Only about half the league has played 9 games.

Once again, you need to look at points allowed per game as long as not all teams have had their bye weeks.

The Packers rank sixth in the league in that category behind Buffalo, Denver, Arizona, New England and New Orleans.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Back on track for #2. Yes this week it is #1 but if Dallas wins out they get the #1 based on common opponent tie breaker as they will have beaten both teams we lost to. They play NO, KC and Arizona yet.

Reaction score
Back on track for #2. Yes this week it is #1 but if Dallas wins out they get the #1 based on common opponent tie breaker as they will have beaten both teams we lost to. They play NO, KC and Arizona yet.
The more I look around, the more I think we have an ok shot at winning out. The Rams look all potent on the surface, but scan their opponents. Not overly impressive. This game at Lambeau is their toughest opponent aside from Arizona. LA will need their A- game to beat us.
The only really good playoff caliber team LA beat was Tampa and that was @LA. Which is a tough travel for a FL team on the road. That is the only team the Rams have Won that possess a record over .500. While any team can win, the only other close ones should be @ Baltimore or Cleveland.

The way our Defense is playing, I expect us to shock edge the Rams @ Lambeau.
I see the Vikings on the Road as a legitimate spoiler, but certainly one we can handle if we’re not too banged up. We get through these next 2.. we get a bye week to heal up

As long as we take care of business? Let the chips fall where they may with Dallas. Dallas plays KC, Saints, Raiders, Cardinals, Washington 2X (they’ve been playing better as of late) and the Giants and Eagles (both up and down type opponents). That’s a pretty tough haul in comparison to us. I think Dallas will lose 2 of that group minimum.
An Arizona or Saints win over Dallas is ideal. Both common opponents in a tie breaker.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I don't expect the Cowboys to win all of their remaining games though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I will say this about the Cowboys, they are playing much better football and some of that has to do with Mike McCarthy. I think a change for McCarthy has been beneficial for him, the Cowboys and the Packers. Glad to see its working out for him, just wish it was with an AFC team.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say this about the Cowboys, they are playing much better football and some of that has to do with Mike McCarthy. I think a change for McCarthy has been beneficial for him, the Cowboys and the Packers. Glad to see its working out for him, just wish it was with an AFC team.
I was SHOCKED when he had Dallas go for it on 4th & 1, yesterday... if only he'd trusted the GB offense rather than settling for FG's! :(

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was SHOCKED when he had Dallas go for it on 4th & 1, yesterday... if only he'd trusted the GB offense rather than settling for FG's! :(
Yup and old dogs can learn new trucks. I would imagine it's no different for MM. He took some time off and worked on the things he needed to know and do, to get better as a coach. One of the Networks did a great piece on his time between the Packer job and getting hired by the Cowboys. It's impressive what he did to get better in a job he obviously loves.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup and old dogs can learn new trucks. I would imagine it's no different for MM. He took some time off and worked on the things he needed to know and do, to get better as a coach. One of the Networks did a great piece on his time between the Packer job and getting hired by the Cowboys. It's impressive what he did to get better in a job he obviously loves.

Spent a year in a barn studying. Why am I NOT getting an image of Rocky doing those ab crunch thingies while suspended by his knees from the rafters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts