1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Toyota run aways?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by KilrB, Mar 10, 2010.

1. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Listening and watching about some of these current run always of Toyota Prius vehicles and I am wondering how some of these people obtained a license in the first place?
    The current guy in CA that must have drove for miles and miles somehow couldn’t manage to put the car in neutral or turn it off? But was able to eventually be talked into standing on the brakes and pulling the E-brake by 911 and slow to 55 MPH and then he was somehow able to turn the car off?

Maybe our driving tests need to be harder?
    People shouldnt be afraid of Toyotas...
    The rest of us are the ones who should be afraid of all the idiots on the roads driving them!

2. White92

White92 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed

I keep thinking I'm missing something..surely people aren't that stupid..

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    People are retarded... Cmon, look at the ammount of milleage he drove. And if he hadn't call the police, never in his mind he would've thought of turning down the car...

4. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Yeah, throwing the car in neutral would be my first reaction if the car is not able to stop. Which is exactly what I would do in my Toyota Corolla. After coasting to a safe stop, turning off the car would be the next step.

Unfortunately, everyone has a different reaction time and thought process on how to handle different situations.

5. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    This guy appeared to take 15 mins to react. This was either a set up for a law suit or the guy just should not be driving!