1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tornado :(

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IronMan, Jan 8, 2008.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    My sister just called to tell me that her home was destroyed by a tornado. Everyone is ok thank god. This is the second time she has had to go though this, as 10 years ago her house was destroyed by a fire. :cry:

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh David.........I'm SO sorry to hear this. We had bad weather here, but I don't know anyone who lost their home or anything.
    Where does she live?
    To lose everything once is bad enough, twice, i can't even imagine what she's going through.
    Please tell her how sorry i am to hear she had to go through this. :(

3. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks Alan. She lives in Niangua, MO. About 40 miles from Springfield. My bother in law was the only one home at the time, and he went down to the cellar. When he came back up everything was gone. :cry: I'm just glad the kids weren't there and everyone is ok.

4. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Carrie is tough though. She will get through this. I just wish she didn't have to. :cry:

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank God no one was hurt. Things can be replaced, people can't.

6. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    David... let us know if there is anything that we can do to help them out.. send me a PM or whatever if I can help in any way. I will do what we can.

7. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    We had tornados rip through Kenosha today. I was in Milwuakee and heard reports of where the path was..... right in line with my house. I wondered all the way home from Milwaukee whether or not I had a bed tonight. Well, luckily, it passed about 1/4 mile north of me. However, severeal homes were not so lucky. I drove about a mile from my place and saw how the twister jumped over two homes and pounced on a third, breaking the roof in half and collapsing on half the home. Other homes lost roofs etc. It looked like a war zone. The fire and police were driving around with their sirens on not really sure where to go next. Truly devestating.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
  9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Midwest my thoughts go out to your family hoepfully everything will be ok

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I thank God your ok Trippster..........i was HOPING to hear from you today. When i saw it hit Kenosha, i was truely worried for you. I'm GLAD you are ok my friend!!!!!

11. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My sister lives in West Allis, was their tornados there, I havent heard from her in a while makes me worry.

Trip, so glad that your house was still standing and that you were okay.

Midwest, thank god your sister was okay and that noone got hurt, Cheesy is right, things can be replaced but lives cannot. I will keep your family in my prayers, how devastating to loose a house twice, I cannot imagine how hard that must be. Give her a hug and kiss for me when you see her as well, tell her I am thinking about her. Also if there is anything I can do please dont hesitate to ask.

12. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    west allis is fine. they just hit near the ill border

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing I love about California - we only have earthquakes. As someone who has been through earthquakes, tornadoes (living in Missouri), flash floods (when I lived in Texas and Colorado), hurricanes (Texas), I'll take an earthquake.

Sorry to hear about your sister, but most importantly, she's ok. I hope she has insurance, and a good insurance company at that, not some stupid company that will sit on their hands for weeks.

14. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks everyone. I just talked to my Dad, he lives in Elkland, and he said that was the worst storm he has seen in the 18 years he has lived there. He said it lifted his RV off the ground and slammed it back down, knocking him out of bed. He was talking to my sister on the phone at the time and they both thought that would be the last time they would ever talk to each other.

And I was wrong before, 2 of my nephews were with my brother in law when the storm hit. James alertly(thank god) took the kids to the storm shelter across the street just minutes before the tornado hit. Their dog was in the house when it hit, and they found him in the woods today without a scratch on him.

As bad as it was, we do feel fortunate. Again, thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.

15. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Tripp!! I did hear from my Sister and she said it was about 40 miles from her so she was okay. :)

16. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, I know. West Allis is 40 miles from my house! :lol: :cry:

17. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I sort of know how they feel. We had tornadoes in Springfield IL, back in 05 and my car got totaled. The house was without power for a week, but at least we still had a house.

Good thing everyone came out unharmed, though.