Top Packers in Fantasy Football for the 2011 Season...agree or disagree

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is right off the top of my head so I'm going to do my best with it. I'm ranking them as far as the best fantasy football contributors for the packers.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

1. Aaron Rodgers-there is no reason he shouldn't exceed 4k+ yards 30+ TD's
  2. Greg Jennings-this is a tough spot for Greg w/ finley coming back he might lose some production, but he will definitely reach 1k+ yards again and could lose some TD's to finley, I'd say finish off the season with 7 Td's at least
  3. Jermichael Finley-if he plays the entire season he is a TOP 5 TE that can easily produce 600+ yards and 7 or more TD's
  4. Jordy Nelson- i think this post season has Nelson in the mix to be a top 30 WR in the NFL this year, if he keeps warranting the attention of AR he will have a BIG season...probably capable of 800 yards and 4+ TD's
  5. Packers Defense-if the team remains healthy, #2 Defense in the league in 2010...I think they were #2 in sacks...forced many turnovers...they could easily be an elite Defense if not the BEST defense in the league for 2011
My Packers Sleepers:

1. our backfield is a little uncertain...I loved how starks stepped it up in the playoffs...I love how Grant was a big contributor in 2009....I love what I saw on tape of Alex green...however it works out, Starks and Green might be outproducting Grant this year...but, that's a tough call to make...I have NO CLUE how it's going to work out...but out of all 3 of them...the 6'1 227 pound back from hawaii with exceptional hands may emerge as the top producer in the backfield
  2. does Randall Kolb remind anyone else of Percy Harvin??? I believe he is even more versatile then Harvin as well...it's a total crapshoot with ROOKIE RECEIVERS...but Percy had a monster rookie season (won offense rookie of the year in 2009)...I think Kolb will benefit a lot in our pass-first-offense...and hopefully will be a big name in the return game

so what do you guys think?

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't draft a defense until the last few rounds, but if we are basing it on fantasy points scored the defense would beat Jordy. I play over on NFL.com/fantasy if you happen to have any leagues over there. Will be my 3rd season playing, but will be my first season playing with keepers. One of my leagues I will hopefully be able to keep Rodgers and AP. In another I will have Rodgers and Foster, and in my third keeper league I will have Foster and Jones-Drew. Still not sure how our draft will work out. Might just lose our first two picks for whoever we end up keeping or we might lose the round they were drafted in last year.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kickers don't get any love in Fantasy Football. I switch my kicker just about every week based on the matchup. All about the QBs, RBs, and WRs :happy0005:

PeckinRX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I don't see Jordy Nelson being that much of a contributor. I don't think the Packers draft a guy like Cobb if they truly thought Jordy was going to fill in with a bigger role. That, and I think Grant who will most certainly be the starter this upcoming season (if we have one that is) will most certainly be a huge contributor. The run game in Wisconsin was atrocious this year, with Grant back I think GB can go back to the SB and maybe find themselves with another ring with more balance.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because they drafted Cobb doesn't mean he will have some huge role in the offense. Our WRs last year were completely interchangeable. They could all line up in any spot, inside or outside. Jennings will most likely be the only WR that makes a large impact for the Packers in FF. If Finley can stay healthy he will also have a big impact and score a bunch of points in FF. Grant can have a big impact, but only if he gets to play as a featured back. If they go with a backfield committee, none of them will really be worth having.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I don't see Jordy Nelson being that much of a contributor. I don't think the Packers draft a guy like Cobb if they truly thought Jordy was going to fill in with a bigger role. That, and I think Grant who will most certainly be the starter this upcoming season (if we have one that is) will most certainly be a huge contributor. The run game in Wisconsin was atrocious this year, with Grant back I think GB can go back to the SB and maybe find themselves with another ring with more balance.

There's a really good chance that James Jones is gone and he was the most inconsistent out of all the receivers. Jordy Nelson really impressed in the Super Bowl.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree.. Jordy is good but I think Cobb will best him by December.
Jermichael will be one of my picks this year. I never pick my QB because I always think I'm jinxing him lol

Members online

Latest posts