Top 5 Reasons.....

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the show "Top 5 Reasons" will air T5R you can't blame the Falcons for trading you know who at 830 central tonight, in 15 minutes. Check your local listings so I have an alibi if it is not true ( I heard it on TV, no schitt ).
Hammer

OP
OP
H

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Oh darn, I don't get that channel.

What were the 5 reasons?

Apparently most of you haven't seen the show on ESPN classic, too presumptuous on my part. It's pretty good I think.

The 5 reasons were all.....Brett himself.
1. Partied too much, out of shape
2. Played poorly when given the chance
3. Hated Atlanta
4. His personality never fit in with Deion and Glanville ( a-pipe )
5. That's all I can remember
Thank God it didn't work out. Everyone in the Atlanta organization was happy to get a 1st round pick for a 3rd stringer who had no chance of playing and no discipline. Wolf had seen enough of him in college to think otherwise, and thought people were stupid to not see his potential.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Hammer

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the time of the trade I believe most people thought Atlanta got the better end of the deal. Gotta give Wolf credit for confidence in his own beliefs. If his 1st rd draft choices had all worked out that well we would have supplied the league with All Pro players because we would not have been able to afford re-signing them. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
H

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
he liked atlanta it was close to home

The show said he was uncomfortable there, big city and what not, and never really fit in. Just relaying what I saw. I know that Atlanta is a lot closer than Green Bay to southern Miss. When you think about it though, the people in WI are probably a lot more like Favre's homeys than Atlanta, which is just another Metropolis. I go there about 3 times per year. Cheeseheads love to hunt and fish, stuff Favre loves to do.
Hammer

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
rabidgopher04 said:
Oh darn, I don't get that channel.

What were the 5 reasons?

Apparently most of you haven't seen the show on ESPN classic, too presumptuous on my part. It's pretty good I think.

The 5 reasons were all.....Brett himself.
1. Partied too much, out of shape
2. Played poorly when given the chance
3. Hated Atlanta
4. His personality never fit in with Deion and Glanville ( a-pipe )
5. That's all I can remember
Thank God it didn't work out. Everyone in the Atlanta organization was happy to get a 1st round pick for a 3rd stringer who had no chance of playing and no discipline. Wolf had seen enough of him in college to think otherwise, and thought people were stupid to not see his potential.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Hammer

There are times when the worst things to happen can be the best things to happen. Isnt that right?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Hammer said:
SlickVision said:
he liked atlanta it was close to home

The show said he was uncomfortable there, big city and what not, and never really fit in. Just relaying what I saw. I know that Atlanta is a lot closer than Green Bay to southern Miss. When you think about it though, the people in WI are probably a lot more like Favre's homeys than Atlanta, which is just another Metropolis. I go there about 3 times per year. Cheeseheads love to hunt and fish, stuff Favre loves to do.
Hammer

I was wrong. I was thinking of when he was in college :( While in college he used to drive back and forth to see Brittany.

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard an interview with Glanville saying, "we knew he was going to be good. We figured he was a 3 year project. We had 2 years left on our contract"

Members online

Latest posts