Top 100 players on NFLN

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but which players? If you ask a player from the 1960's colts team, probably he's gonna overvalue his teammates.

I believe it they asked all the starters in the league to rate players but not everyone turned theirs in.

yet this thing is so flawed its disgusting. But I guess its best if I wait til its over to completely flip out over the order and selection.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
One would have to guess that Jennings will make the list and not Williams.. I guess he needs another year to prove himself. Anyways how was Eric Berry, a rookie, higher than Nick Collins? Even a Chief fan asked the same question in this article in the comments. Eric Berry Checks In On The NFL's Top 100 Players Of 2011 List - Arrowhead Pride . The NFL could have bent the rules for voting at least a little bit to make it realistic. I mean how is Sitton supposed to be one of the best O-lineman in the league and not make the top 100 / get beat by Clifton?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
watching tonights episode. some of these players make me go huh? also even though he is a viking Jared Allen is waaaaaaay underrated.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see Jennings a little higher than 74 but I guess I am ok with it. He isnt Fitz, Andre Johnson, or Calvin Johnson but he is at the top of that 2nd tier imo.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing the list correctly concludes is the Packers have the most talented roster with 7 players in top 100. Eh then again being underrated gives them motivation to work harder for another Championship I guess.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't this list compiled by polling current NFL players, so they are voting for who they thing will be great in 2011? It's a little confusing and lots of discrepancies between who the fans would pick, or NFL analysts for that matter..

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't even understand the way they present the players either. They run down their accolades from previous years. I thought this was the best of 2011, not the best players currently active as of 2011.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wasn't this list compiled by polling current NFL players, so they are voting for who they thing will be great in 2011? .

And people forget that...

That is why Berry was higher than Nick

It will be skewed if Brett makes it in at all...But if he is in top ten then it really is a shame..

Its for BEST OF 2011

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah its pose to be the best right now.

And to clarify they didnt do this the same way they did the 100 greatest. They polled every nfl player, (no idea if they got them all back) and they were told to list their top 20 players. From their they got the top 100 by assigning a value to the top pick and so on.

Terrible way to do it imo.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And people forget that...

That is why Berry was higher than Nick

It will be skewed if Brett makes it in at all...But if he is in top ten then it really is a shame..

Its for BEST OF 2011
Explain why Ray Lewis will be in the top 10, and why McNabb and T.O. are in the list if that's the case.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Its never going to make everyone happy..

NFL Network series ranks the 100 best players of 2011 | NFL.com

The Top 100: Players of 2011 is a new annual series airing every offseason on NFL Network that gives current players the opportunity to vote for the top 100 playmakers today, counting down from 100 to 1.

With 10 players featured in each episode, each player on the list is saluted by an individual close to the subject, from a coach to a rival on the field

Born from the same concept of the critically-acclaimed series, The Top 100: NFL's Greatest Players, the producers of NFL Films utilized the league's most dynamic and recognizable names in the game today to assemble their list, a task usually reserved for Hall of Fame voters and media.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
I cannot make heads or tails of this list at all. How does Romo make it on the list if he had a broken collar bone for 3/4 of the year. They should have taken him out and at least put Kitna in at least he played. The list is a sham if McNabb, Romo make the list "I" should make the list. I also think Jennings should be closer to #50 (He's Butter).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The list is officially horse manure:

NFL Videos: Top 100: Greg Jennings reacts

14 receivers are ranked ahead of Greg Jennings.

No matter how you put a list, there's no possible way it ends up with 14 receivers ranked ahead of Greg Jennings.

Either the voting process is a joke, or the players are that stupid, but either way, this list cannot be considered anything close to valid.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Videos: Top 100: Greg Jennings reacts

14 receivers are ranked ahead of Greg Jennings.

No matter how you put a list, there's no possible way it ends up with 14 receivers ranked ahead of Greg Jennings.

Either the voting process is a joke, or the players are that stupid, but either way, this list cannot be considered anything close to valid.

voting process is a joke. list your top 20. Its extremely flawed.

But really, NFL players are the worst when judging these things.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
voting process is a joke. list your top 20. Its extremely flawed.

But really, NFL players are the worst when judging these things.
Do they even say WHO voted? They included every single player? Was it a limit amount per team? Was it possible to vote for guys on your team?

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Greg Jennings tweet "I must say 74 out of 100 i'm honored..but at the same time 14 wr's better than me..i'm nothing close to arrogant..but that's highly unlikely" so I decided to not even look at the list. That's completely bogus.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
him ill take a stab at it

1. Roddy White
2. D Jackson
3. C Johnson
4. A Johnson
5. Fitzgerald
6. Bowe
7. Miles Austin
8. V Jackson
9. W Welker
10. B Llyod
11. M Williams
12. R Wayne
13. B Marshall
14. M Colston

I might get 1/2 of those right lol

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a bogus list and seeing greg where he was listed, makes me not even want to watch this show...I really think they just voted their friends and teammates...Greg Jennings has more receptions of 40 yards or more then any other reciever in the last 4 seasons...which should honestly shove him in front of Bowe, Jackson, Austin, VJ, Blloyd, Wayne easily!!!! I'm honestly bothered by the list

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Greg has a ring and caught 2 tds in the super bowl. Enough said.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts