1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 WR Prospects

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Feb 21, 2007.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's an article about the current WR crop. This Meachem from Tennessee sounds interesting. This writer projects Meachem as a mid-first round prospect, just ahead of Dwayne Jarrett. There are also some interesting WR's who will be around in the second and third rounds, however, and I'm leaning toward Marshawn Lynch or a safety for the Packers in the first round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/20/brooks.top.wrs/index.html

2. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't put Meachem above Jarrett, but I love him and Bowe.

3. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jarrett is nfl ready ... has the hands ... and the body ... he could be a impact right away

4. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would take Meacham or Bowe. While Jarrett is more NFL ready, these two have much more upside..and Bowe as a senior has had a particularly productive collegiate career.

I tend to agree that Jarretts speed is going to be a liability at the NFL level...basically a poor-man's Keyshawn...a possession type receiver.

If the team is comfortable with Lynch, and hs recent transgressions are a blip instead of a pattern, he is too damn good to pass on...perfect fit for the WCO and one dynamic runner.

5. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just read that Jarrett won't run at the combine....raising another red flag about his speed. Figures to work on it a month or two to post best time at school workouts...a best time which will likely regress once he is off the speed program and resumes the normal strength and conditioning program in the pros.

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree, and I'd rather search for another tight end to be our possession guy rather than blow a first round pick on someone who I don't think is all he's cracked up to be...I'll take Meachem or Bowe over Jarrett, and knowing Ted THopmpson's drafting tendencies, imagine a trade down 6-9 spots and pick up an extra second round pick, and end up with Meachem (who I think I'll take out of the WR's in our area)