Top 10 WR Prospects

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an article about the current WR crop. This Meachem from Tennessee sounds interesting. This writer projects Meachem as a mid-first round prospect, just ahead of Dwayne Jarrett. There are also some interesting WR's who will be around in the second and third rounds, however, and I'm leaning toward Marshawn Lynch or a safety for the Packers in the first round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/20/brooks.top.wrs/index.html

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take Meacham or Bowe. While Jarrett is more NFL ready, these two have much more upside..and Bowe as a senior has had a particularly productive collegiate career.

I tend to agree that Jarretts speed is going to be a liability at the NFL level...basically a poor-man's Keyshawn...a possession type receiver.

If the team is comfortable with Lynch, and hs recent transgressions are a blip instead of a pattern, he is too damn good to pass on...perfect fit for the WCO and one dynamic runner.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that Jarrett won't run at the combine....raising another red flag about his speed. Figures to work on it a month or two to post best time at school workouts...a best time which will likely regress once he is off the speed program and resumes the normal strength and conditioning program in the pros.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take Meacham or Bowe. While Jarrett is more NFL ready, these two have much more upside..and Bowe as a senior has had a particularly productive collegiate career.

I tend to agree that Jarretts speed is going to be a liability at the NFL level...basically a poor-man's Keyshawn...a possession type receiver.

I agree, and I'd rather search for another tight end to be our possession guy rather than blow a first round pick on someone who I don't think is all he's cracked up to be...I'll take Meachem or Bowe over Jarrett, and knowing Ted THopmpson's drafting tendencies, imagine a trade down 6-9 spots and pick up an extra second round pick, and end up with Meachem (who I think I'll take out of the WR's in our area)

Members online

Latest posts