4. Johnson
5. Peterson
6. Turner
7. Rice
8. Hillis
9. Blount
10. McCoy

I like McFadden too. Just thought the bottom 3 were overall better
I like Charles a lot. Not as a full-time RB. Even though FF owners went nuts with Haley, there's a reason Charles shared carries with Jones. Again, in the playoffs, it was pretty evident, when he fumbled the ball for being too light.

And may I ask why grade both Peterson and Johnson just 4 and 5? I also have a problem with Blount and Hillis in there. It's just one year of production. Maybe you're right, that in 2011, they'll be top 10, but I'm not ready to put them in there, not with guys like Mendenhal and Gore playing at a high level. I have no problem with McCoy, though, and could've very well put him ahead of McFadden.

I just really, really liked what I saw from McFadden, he showed an all around game that was outstanding. If he was in any other organization than the Raiders, I likely would've put him in the top 5. But it's very, very possible that they're just gonna suck balls next year, have a terrible OL and no passing game, and every team will stack the box with 9 to prevent him.

Just look at this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmj2NGjBnw&feature=related"]YouTube - Darren McFadden - 2010-11 Season Highlights (HD)[/ame]

Reaction score
I like Charles a lot. Not as a full-time RB. Even though FF owners went nuts with Haley, there's a reason Charles shared carries with Jones. Again, in the playoffs, it was pretty evident, when he fumbled the ball for being too light.

And may I ask why grade both Peterson and Johnson just 4 and 5? I also have a problem with Blount and Hillis in there. It's just one year of production. Maybe you're right, that in 2011, they'll be top 10, but I'm not ready to put them in there, not with guys like Mendenhal and Gore playing at a high level. I have no problem with McCoy, though, and could've very well put him ahead of McFadden.

I just really, really liked what I saw from McFadden, he showed an all around game that was outstanding. If he was in any other organization than the Raiders, I likely would've put him in the top 5. But it's very, very possible that they're just gonna suck balls next year, have a terrible OL and no passing game, and every team will stack the box with 9 to prevent him.

Just look at this:
YouTube - Darren McFadden - 2010-11 Season Highlights (HD)
He was my best fantasy pickup besides vick. He's finally living up to his draft status. Plus I love how 80% of the video was composed of highlights of him vsing Denver and Jacksonville

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just look at this:
YouTube - Darren McFadden - 2010-11 Season Highlights (HD)

Charles had an All Pro season last year, and was only a few yards from setting an all time record. Plus he wasnt run into the ground so I expect alot from him next season.

Peterson will be the focal point of the offense and will take a beating in 2011 I believe. I also believe he is declining as a running back. Plus his line is no where near where it was when he lead the league.

CJ doesnt work that hard in the off season is my understanding. He was a 1 year wonder in my opinion. 4.3 yards a carry last season? egh. Thats about 4th or 5th in my book. Good but I think there are better runners in the league.

Lets compare Gore and Blount. Gore had 2 more carries in 2010 yet Blount had 150 more yards and 3 more TDs. He is younger and more likely to be healthy in 2011. Ill take Blount.

The knock on Hillis is his fumbles so I could see swapping him out for McFadden.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I love your optimism PackersRS. If you believe Starks could be the best, clap your hands. Come on everyone, clap your hands. It would be awesome if this were a PackersRS prediction like Liam's mum's prediction that March Madness would end with U-Conn beating Butler 53 to 39 (listen to Mike and Mike -- April 5).

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
my somewhat bias list:

1. Maurice Jones-Drew
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Jamal Charles
4. Frank Gore
5. Michael Turner
6. Chris Johnson
7. Ray Rice
8. Peyton Hillis
9. Arian Foster
10. LeGarrette Blount

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles had an All Pro season last year, and was only a few yards from setting an all time record. Plus he wasnt run into the ground so I expect alot from him next season.

Peterson will be the focal point of the offense and will take a beating in 2011 I believe. I also believe he is declining as a running back. Plus his line is no where near where it was when he lead the league.

CJ doesnt work that hard in the off season is my understanding. He was a 1 year wonder in my opinion. 4.3 yards a carry last season? egh. Thats about 4th or 5th in my book. Good but I think there are better runners in the league.

Lets compare Gore and Blount. Gore had 2 more carries in 2010 yet Blount had 150 more yards and 3 more TDs. He is younger and more likely to be healthy in 2011. Ill take Blount.

The knock on Hillis is his fumbles so I could see swapping him out for McFadden.
So you measure RBs by yards and tds? No blocking, receiving, ability to run through the middle and bounce outside?

I thought this was a top 10 RBs, not a top 10 rushing yards or top 10 fantasy RBs.
I love your optimism PackersRS. If you believe Starks could be the best, clap your hands. Come on everyone, clap your hands. It would be awesome if this were a PackersRS prediction like Liam's mum's prediction that March Madness would end with U-Conn beating Butler 53 to 39 (listen to Mike and Mike -- April 5).
Wasn't a prediction, as much as it was a joke...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you measure RBs by yards and tds? No blocking, receiving, ability to run through the middle and bounce outside?

I thought this was a top 10 RBs, not a top 10 rushing yards or top 10 fantasy RBs.

Wasn't a prediction, as much as it was a joke...

LOL now your just going around starting sh*t. Where did I say that? I didnt. exactly.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The motives you posted to why Blount was better than Gore and why Charles was #1. You said it was because they gained more yards and tds.

So your going around assuming things instead of trying to make an argument saying one is better based on block and receiving? makes sense.

Im still confused on how an all pro running back isnt on your top 10 but I wont dwell on it. To each their own, its your list and you can do what you would like with it, who am I to attack your list that you feel is the ranking of the top 10 RBs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your going around assuming things instead of trying to make an argument saying one is better based on block and receiving? makes sense.
I'm not "going around assuming" anything.
Here's the transcript:

(bolded parts are my work)

Im still confused on how an all pro running back isnt on your top 10 but I wont dwell on it. To each their own, its your list and you can do what you would like with it, who am I to attack your list that you feel is the ranking of the top 10 RBs.
All pro doesn't mean sh*t.

Mike Jenkins was an all pro CB. Merriweather is an all pro SS.
Brent Fullwood was an all pro RB in 89.

Popularity contest isn't a measure of greatness.

As for Charles, I have no problem with him being in the top 10. Being #1 overall ahead of Peterson and Johnson? Hell yes. He's not even a feature back in his team.

Did he have an amazing season? Yes. So did Matt Forte in 08 and Brandon Jacobs in 07.

Peterson and Johnson have been the consensus top 2 rbs since their arrival in the league. They have proven they can carry the rock 25+ times per game. Maybe he'll be able to in 2011, maybe he'll maintain his outstanding YPC while carrying the load.

But, at least to me, a trully elite RB shouldn't need a complementary back to suceed.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RS, I missed where I said I didnt take anything else into account? can you bold that for me? Yeah didnt think so.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All pro doesn't mean sh*t.

Mike Jenkins was an all pro CB. Merriweather is an all pro SS.
Brent Fullwood was an all pro RB in 89.

Popularity contest isn't a measure of greatness.

All Pro doesnt mean ****? HAHA riiiiiight.

popularity contest? you think the AP votes based on who they like as a person? thats an interesting theory you have.

Mike Jenkins was never an all pro as far as I could find. Neither is Merriweather, or Brent Fullwood.

Before I accuse you of making things up could you provide a source for this? I couldnt seem to find it on Pro-Football-Reference.com - Pro Football Statistics and History or anywhere else.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So enlight me what other motives you have in ranking Blount ahead of Frank Gore, please.

sure, no problem. Feel free to make your case for Gore as well.

Blount had a great year in 2010 when the season got rolling for him, about week 7. He averaged 5 yards a carry and had 201 carries on the season with 6 TDs. He topped 100 yards 4 times starting in week 8.

Gore meanwhile had 203 carries, 3 rushing TDs, and averaged 4.2 yards. While Blount didnt get his chance in 2010 til about half way through the season, Gore was injured the last 5 weeks of the season. Which shouldnt surprise anyone as he has had an injury history most of his pro career. Gore did have 452 yards receiving and 2 TDs making him a decent RB.

When looking at how I expect these two to perform in 2011 I see one running back who caught on with a team part way through the season and while had almost no receiving numbers, was one of the more productive rushers in the league. I would think in 2011 he would increase his total carries, and catch more passes. The other running back I see is one who has struggled to stay healthy his entire career (1 in 6 seasons he played all 16 games) and who will be 28 at the start of the 2011 season. He had a great year in 2006 but hasnt come back to that production since. On the positive side he is in a contract year so you could bank off of that, but coming off of a fractured hip I would be concerned.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All Pro doesnt mean ****? HAHA riiiiiight.

popularity contest? you think the AP votes based on who they like as a person? thats an interesting theory you have.

Mike Jenkins was never an all pro as far as I could find. Neither is Merriweather, or Brent Fullwood.

Before I accuse you of making things up could you provide a source for this? I couldnt seem to find it on Pro-Football-Reference.com - Pro Football Statistics and History or anywhere else.
Thought you meant pro bowl voting.
Either way, it's still a subjective choosing based on no objective value, with no disclosure on why each vote took place.

Rodgers was never an all pro. So what? Don't you consider him a top 10 QB?
Nevermind the last part, you responded.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought you meant pro bowl voting.
Either way, it's still a subjective choosing based on no objective value, with no disclosure on why each vote took place.

Rodgers was never an all pro. So what? Don't you consider him a top 10 QB?
Nevermind the last part, you responded.

I thought in 2010 Tom Brady was the best QB, as all pro only has 1 QB. I also thought in 2009 Manning was. I expect Aaron to be a top 3 QB in 2011 (unless he gets the Madden cover) and maybe #1.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sure, no problem. Feel free to make your case for Gore as well.

Blount had a great year in 2010 when the season got rolling for him, about week 7. He averaged 5 yards a carry and had 201 carries on the season with 6 TDs. He topped 100 yards 4 times starting in week 8.

Gore meanwhile had 203 carries, 3 rushing TDs, and averaged 4.2 yards. While Blount didnt get his chance in 2010 til about half way through the season, Gore was injured the last 5 weeks of the season. Which shouldnt surprise anyone as he has had an injury history most of his pro career. Gore did have 452 yards receiving and 2 TDs making him a decent RB.

When looking at how I expect these two to perform in 2011 I see one running back who caught on with a team part way through the season and while had almost no receiving numbers, was one of the more productive rushers in the league. I would think in 2011 he would increase his total carries, and catch more passes. The other running back I see is one who has struggled to stay healthy his entire career (1 in 6 seasons he played all 16 games) and who will be 28 at the start of the 2011 season. He had a great year in 2006 but hasnt come back to that production since. On the positive side he is in a contract year so you could bank off of that, but coming off of a fractured hip I would be concerned.
AS I said before, I look for total package.
Gore has proven he can carry the load, that he can run inside and out, has breakaway speed, can catch the ball, and can block very well.
Yes, it's more than valid questioning his injury problems, that's one reason Gore isn't an elite back. But I believe with a better QB and a settled and improved OL, he'll be once again an elite back.

I've seen very good things from Blount, he's incredibly hard to bring down, he has shown more speed and agility than I thought he would. He has performed really well, being one of the best backs in the league in yards after contact.

But he's not a good blocker, he's not a good catcher, and he isn't good at running to the outside.

Once teams realize him, he's not gonna be as effective. I see him much as I saw Jacobs in 08, who had a very similar season, with 5 YPC, and 15 TDs. But once teams had an offseason to prepare for him, and knew that once he was on the field, he would run inside 90% of the time, they played him, and he was never as sucessful.

If you took offense, I surely didn't mean it. I like these discussions, and is another thing to look for in the next season. How those guys will fare with our predictions.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought in 2010 Tom Brady was the best QB, as all pro only has 1 QB. I also thought in 2009 Manning was. I expect Aaron to be a top 3 QB in 2011 (unless he gets the Madden cover) and maybe #1.
It has only 1 QB because Tom Brady was unanimous. The way the voting takes place is flawed, as evidenced by Aaron Rodgers, though with only 3 starting seasons, being the all time leader in QB rating, being a SB MVP and having a SB ring, all while not having a single vote to the all-pro team in his entire career.

Members online

Latest posts