1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Too sensitive for anyone to discuss?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by FrankRizzo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Was just tipped off to this website by a friend of mine, who happens to be a black female (half-black).
    I feel that racial issues are, by far, the most sensitive topic in the USA, ahead of politics, religion, even gay rights crusades.

Photos

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I see no problem with it

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I'm from Brazil.

In here, there isn't a lot of racist approaches. It's, to an extent, rare to see forms of racism.

However, the VAST majority of high paid jobs are occupied by white persons. It's much more rare to see a black person in a CEO position than it is in America.

But that's actually the education's problem, rather than discrimination altogether. Fact is, the majority of the D and C class is african-brasilian, and vice-versa. They can't afford private education. And public education in Brazil is severely lacking.

In the end, I believe that racism in Brazil is a much lesser problem than in America, simply because african descedants aren't the minority.

It's a matter of education. If you're raised in a racist environment, you end up with racist principles. In the past, there simply wasn't diversity, and information wasn't as easily obtainable... If your father grew up around people descendants from other races, and you do the same, why the hell would you be racist? You wouldn't...

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Did you guys look at that photo page?
    What do you make of the BM/WF Jungle Fever?

For every 100 examples you see that's B/W couple together (whether married, dating, or just sinning), it's almost always the male that is B and the female who is non-black.

Is this partly created by the media? TV and Movies, music videos, etc.?
    Why do black males desire white females so much, treat them like their white trophy? But black females don't think the same towards white males? Why is it so different?

I maintain it's mostly due to what's portrayed on the big screen and little screen.

BTW, I believe racism is as bad as ever in the USA, but more dangerous as it's kept quiet, except in rap lyrics and from Obama's preacher Reverend Wright.

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    How can I put this delicately...

It's not about black or white. It's about another color...

6. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Dang.. Will Blackmon's girlfriend is smokin' hot.

and the size difference between Dwight Howard and his girl... lol!

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    In regards to the link and photos:
    1st of all, I'm not a rascist and I don't have a problem with it.

While we see a number of black celebs and sports figures with a non-black woman, are they in the majority?
    And these are just celebs.
    I have a feeling that the majority of blacks are still just dating and marrying blacks. Wheather they are celebs or just normal non-famous people like us.
    And there really is no other way to put this but a lot of white women are infamous and accused of being "gold diggers."
    (I have yet to hear of one black woman as a gold digger. Not saying they don't exist. I'm just not aware of any.)
    Like Kobe Bryant's wife.
    Wheather or not it was rape, he cheated on her yet she is still with him.
    Why? Could be that he will provide for her and she doesn't have to work.
    (That's just speculation on my part.)

Something that we never hear or read about are black gays and what race they date.

And I'm still waiting for mixed race to make it into the mainstream media in the form of TV shows, movies, and commercials.
    In the meantime it's still just white/white or black/black.

8. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Lets be frank Frank. The culture in the U.S. promotes the ideal of beauty as a white woman and I think successful black men are more likely to meet hot white women in their professions and be attracted to them. How many hot black women are working as their agent's assistant etc... or their lawyer's niece etc..

I worked with a hot black chick who was dating a Dallas Cowboy. She was pretty honest about the culture of athletes and their women. This is her explanation basically. I'm not saying all, but a lot (NBA is the worst) have a different lady in every city they travel to setup in a house they own. Lease the lady a Mercedes/Lexus of her choice, pay some of her bills. All these black/white women are fighting to get him first either via marriage or pregnancy. When she got pregnant by him all her toys disappeared overnight (he was furious) and then she just waited to file the paternity suit after the kid was born. She was really happy though (like she had won a lottery) because she knew she was set for the next 18 years and possibly more if she didn't blow it all. Seemed like a F'd up way to bring a kid into the world. But I'm just a dumb-*** middle class white loser so WTF do I know.

9. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Derek Jeter is black?!?!? I am super serious here I never thought of him as being african-american. I thought he was tan. And I'm not even close to being a racist. I tried dating a woman of color in college but it appears I didnt stack up lol. And when someone tells me I'm racist for bashing Obama I show them my pic of me campaigning for Ken Blackwell for gov lol

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Another thing: the fact that we (I include myself) view them as an interracial couple, and not just a couple, is racist.

Yeah, I know, utopia and all that crap, but it'll continue to be an issue as long as we view people as black or white and not as people...

11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Can you say Travis Henry?
    Antonio Cromartie?
    LOL.... sad sad sad, but sick, and too typical in today's America.

Good candid discussions her fellas, and I enjoy getting the perspective from Brazil.
    Brazilian women are hot! Great bikini culture over there, beach volleyball, etc.

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I looked through 1/2 and some of the pics arent of girlfriends or fiances or wives. Anyways **** like that doesnt bother me but I understand why it pisses black women off.

13. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    You are correct. There is nothing wrong with identifying people by their racial characteristics. The problems start when you base opinions on them by their racial characteristics. Xenophobia is the basis for most of the problems in the world, imo.

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I live in arguably the best best state, women-wise. But it's a colder state, so there isn't as much "bikini culture". But yeah, in the beach, it's thong bikinis. Let's get real here folks:

[​IMG]
    That's a yes.

[​IMG]
    That's a NOOOOOOOO

[​IMG]
    And that's a NO AT ALL COSTS!!!

15. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Sorry for the images, BTW...

16. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    I got half way through the photo's and didn't even bother with the rest. What's the big deal? Black and white couples don't bother me in the least. We have a black president. Who care's? I did grow up in Kenosha Wisconsin and left there in 1981 when I joined the Army. Stayed in until just a few years ago. Good career.........and even though, to a certain extent, I grew up in a somewhat prejudice atmosphere around my relatives, I came to the conclusion while in the military that their are alot of assholes in every race. So everyone is cool by me no matter what race you are......unless you become a bitch.......or a ********.

17. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Those pictures PackerRS should be deleted apart from the hot woman at the top

18. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Copy and paste the hot ones for yourself and........cut the otherones or attach and send the other ones to all the Viking fans you know. WTF.......and the Bear fans you know.

19. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    At least it was nice of Packers RS to pose for that last picture he posted, LOL

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rockdale St. Oldie

Rockdale St. Oldie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Talking from the hip is the best for all concerned

Yes I lived in Green Bay in the 60's and grew up with many Packer Player Kids(black) and race was not a issue until my father moved us to Bloomingtion, Indiana where I learned about racial hate and crimes, I was not exposed to earlier in my life. If not for my parents and there active focus and following of the Kennedy Brothers and of course Martin Luther King I would have struggled via Bus issues to school. I had to be out going and make friends with everyone ie. black, red, white, brown and yellow. "White Trash" was my enemy and also being from the north did not help my exposure to the south and not even the deep south. I listened and spoke when spoken to and learned by being polite and asking questions. I had a black football coach who I remember to this day and I wore a Packer sweat shirt to practice and this always made him smile along with the other coaches. I loved that coach very much at such a young age. He was honest with me about race the first time I met him at school. Be frank and to the point and you get respect but hide the truth and people wonder how sincere you are to them. Being Honest is best for all. I had words one day with a KKK member(Dressed in white hood) downtown Bloomingtion about his rants and protest and I was afraid but I said what was on my mind!

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    That was too mean... But it was awesome!

But you gotta admire his confidence. AND NO, I DON'T MEAN THAT IN ANY VILE WAY, YOU SICK FREAK! WHAT A FOUL MIND YOU HAVE!

22. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    Wow.
    That's not much different than prostitution.
    Even if a player is married did he still have a woman waiting for him?
    And if so, did his wife know and what would she think?
    I guess Tiger wouldn't be the only athlete to cheat on his wife the way he did.
    And now it's starting to surface that Burnt Fart did something similar.