TOO SAD

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
The point if you were paying attention is that he had a good game and his teammates had a bad game. I guess things like processing words are above your head. No problem.

Ouch. You question my PhD intellect.

So we had drops today. How is that different from any other week? The INT into triple coverage was stupid. You can't tell me, "Oh he's just trying to make a play! His recievers can't catch so now he has to throw in triple coverage!" Please. If A-Rod makes that throw he gets ripped to shreds for a stupid throw, not "trying to make a play."

Sorry, but barely over 50% completions and 3INTs does not scream "good game" to me.

favre said in his own confrence that he didnt play good but we played good enough to beat a bad team.

we should just be happy that we won the game.

their where also alot of dropped passes that where right to the recivers.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we should dump all 3 TEs. I might lean towards keeping Martin over Franks because I think Favre really likes him.

I believe Tony Gonzales might be available in 2007. The Chiefs might not re-sign him and he'll ask to be cut. I read that on ESPN I think. He could definately be the big free agent acquisition of 2007 (if he is cut or not franchised!) A player with his work ethic can be productive into his later years (ie. Shannon Sharpe)

The last draft was very deep with TEs. We probably should have tried to get one. V. Davis, M. Lewis, Fasano, Byrd, Sheffler, D. Thomas, Mills!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
A-Rod can't throw any passes into triple coverage. He's on IR!

You know who wouldn't have made that throw? The next great Hall of Fame QB. Ingle Martin.

Yeah..

Cause he'll never make it off the pines and out on to the field... :chest: :doh:

(You left that one wide open Yared...I had to smack it out of the park...
:wink: )

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
The point if you were paying attention is that he had a good game and his teammates had a bad game. I guess things like processing words are above your head. No problem.

Yes i do question it. Just because you have a PhD does not mean you know anything about football. I'll have my Masters in Accounting soon but you dont see me advertising it every time someone questions my football knowledge.

Maybe you need to watch the game next time. Or if you did watch the game, maybe you need to pay attention or get some glasses. I dont know.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yared-Yam said:
A-Rod can't throw any passes into triple coverage. He's on IR!

You know who wouldn't have made that throw? The next great Hall of Fame QB. Ingle Martin.

Yeah..

Cause he'll never make it off the pines and out on to the field... :chest: :doh:

(You left that one wide open Yared...I had to smack it out of the park...
:wink: )

haha nice

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes i do question it. Just because you have a PhD does not mean you know anything about football. I'll have my Masters in Accounting soon but you dont see me advertising it every time someone questions my football knowledge.

Maybe you need to watch the game next time. Or if you did watch the game, maybe you need to pay attention or get some glasses. I dont know.

I guess we weren't watching the same game. Or maybe I forgot to put my Green & Gold glasses on. You know, the glasses that make you see things that aren't there.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
flapackfan said:

Aren't you the same person who said a WR is NEVER open? "Hitting the wall" check that thread out.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

I guess we weren't watching the same game. Or maybe I forgot to put my Green & Gold glasses on. You know, the glasses that make you see things that aren't there.

I allways have my green & gold glasses on :)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew all you people would look at the box score after the game and say Brett Favre has lost it. Obviously none of you saw the game. The guy is playing out there all by himself practically.

First one to Green was a difficult one to catch but supposedly everyone boasts about how great of a pass catching running back that Green is. A good receiving runningback makes that catch 80 percent of the time.

The second interception, Brett just had a pass dropped at the one yard line by a tight end which would have probably been a touchdown. There was a penalty the next play if i remember correctly. He was obviously frustrated and threw the ball into the endzone, yes it was a bad pass but he was frustrated.

The third interception was a perfect strike to Green which slipped out of his hands into the hands of the defender. Did somebody say Green was one of the best pass catching runningbacks?? WTF are those people watching?

Favre had 2 touchdowns dropped. Like a total of 6 or 7 drops which were easily catchable.

Favre played great, even though you guys didnt read that in the box score.

Since you guys are obviously completely fantasy stat orientated, i'll do this for you.

Favres stats on the day 20/37 174 yards, 0 td's and 3 interceptions.

If guys werent dropping balls left and right his stats would look more like this: 27/37 around 275 yards, 2td's at least and 1 interception.

Has he lost it??? No fking way

I watched the game. I'm not sure if you did, though. The second interception did not happen after the drop at the one-yard line. They were going in the other direction when that happened. Oh, but I forgot, it's okay for a QB to throw an interception when he's "frustrated," so I guess that one doesn't count.

The first interception was a horrible throw that would've been difficult for any running back to catch.

Also, I don't know what you're talking about when you say he had two TD passes dropped. I counted only one. Did anybody else out there see two?

Favre didn't play particularly well today. That doesn't mean he's lost it, but I don't see the point of pretending he played well when he didn't.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I knew all you people would look at the box score after the game and say Brett Favre has lost it. Obviously none of you saw the game. The guy is playing out there all by himself practically.

First one to Green was a difficult one to catch but supposedly everyone boasts about how great of a pass catching running back that Green is. A good receiving runningback makes that catch 80 percent of the time.

The second interception, Brett just had a pass dropped at the one yard line by a tight end which would have probably been a touchdown. There was a penalty the next play if i remember correctly. He was obviously frustrated and threw the ball into the endzone, yes it was a bad pass but he was frustrated.

The third interception was a perfect strike to Green which slipped out of his hands into the hands of the defender. Did somebody say Green was one of the best pass catching runningbacks?? WTF are those people watching?

Favre had 2 touchdowns dropped. Like a total of 6 or 7 drops which were easily catchable.

Since you guys are obviously completely fantasy stat orientated, i'll do this for you.

If guys werent dropping balls left and right his stats would look more like this: 27/37 around 275 yards, 2td's at least and 1 interception.

I watched the game. I'm not sure if you did, though. The second interception did not happen after the drop at the one-yard line. They were going in the other direction when that happened. Oh, but I forgot, it's okay for a QB to throw an interception when he's "frustrated," so I guess that one doesn't count.

The first interception was a horrible throw that would've been difficult for any running back to catch.

Also, I don't know what you're talking about when you say he had two TD passes dropped. I counted only one. Did anybody else out there see two?

Favre didn't play particularly well today. That doesn't mean he's lost it, but I don't see the point of pretending he played well when he didn't.

How about you get your facts straight. The interception he threw in the endzone was 1 or 2 plays after the tight end dropped a ball at the 1 yard line which he could have backed into the endzone possibly. When i say 2 td's were dropped, thats what i mean. Also, Jennings dropped an easy pass at the 5 yard line earlier in the game. 1 or 2 plays after that, a tight end dropped a ball in the endzone.

And yes, the first interception which Green didnt catch was a difficult catch to make. But, Green is supposed to be a good receiving runningback but his alligator arms dont allow you to throw any difficult passes to him. I agree it was a bad pass, but ONLY because Green is a horrible recieving running back.

Anything else ??

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about you get your facts straight. The interception he threw in the endzone was 1 or 2 plays after the tight end dropped a ball at the 1 yard line which he could have backed into the endzone possibly. When i say 2 td's were dropped, thats what i mean. Also, Jennings dropped an easy pass at the 5 yard line earlier in the game. 1 or 2 plays after that, a tight end dropped a ball in the endzone.

And yes, the first interception which Green didnt catch was a difficult catch to make. But, Green is supposed to be a good receiving runningback but his alligator arms dont allow you to throw any difficult passes to him. I agree it was a bad pass, but ONLY because Green is a horrible recieving running back.

Anything else ??

Oh, you must be talking about the pass that Donald Lee dropped at about the five-yard line. It was an absolutely horrible drop, no doubt about it, but a drop at the five yard line, with defenders between the receiver and the goal line, is not a dropped TD pass.

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say about your statement that Ahman Green has "alligator arms." I have never heard that said about Ahman Green. And I've never heard anyone say that he's a "horrible receiving running back."

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Anything else ??

He was jumping in the air with his right arm fully extended. The second one he tipped was lack of concentration. He was falling out of bounds because he had to change his direction as the throw was behind him.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Anything else ??

Oh, you must be talking about the pass that Donald Lee dropped at about the five-yard line. It was an absolutely horrible drop, no doubt about it, but a drop at the five yard line, with defenders between the receiver and the goal line, is not a dropped TD pass.

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say about your statement that Ahman Green has "alligator arms." I have never heard that said about Ahman Green. And I've never heard anyone say that he's a "horrible receiving running back."

That drop was not at the 5 yard line. Regardless, it moves the chains and gives us an easy shot at a touchdown.

And by the way, Im not really concerned about what you've heard. He's got alligator arms regardless.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That drop was not at the 5 yard line. Regardless, it moves the chains and gives us an easy shot at a touchdown.

And by the way, Im not really concerned about what you've heard. He's got alligator arms regardless.

I guess I'll have to be more specific here. The reason I don't think Ahman Green has alligator arms is that I've watched practically every game of his entire NFL career, and I cannot recall even one example of him shying away from the ball because a defender was bearing down on him.

I would like to know what others think, because it sounds like you are talking about a different player than the Ahman Green I've been watching all these years.

As for the dropped pass, maybe it wasn't at the 5 yard line. It could've been the 4. Or it could've been the 6. My point is that it was not a dropped TD pass.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The two red zone interceptions were on Favre. The ball to Martin (Lenon interception) was a terrible decision. I don't care how pissed Favre was at Martin for hitting him between the numbers, and the ******* drops it, you don't throw into triple coverage.

The interception intended for Green, looked to me like it was thrown high and Green tipped it. I believe it would have been picked had Green not even touched it.

Green does not have alligator arms. He as been a bad *** in GB for a long time and I don't think he needs his courage or effort questioned by anyone ever.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Anything else ??

Greg - I wasn't watching the game, just listening to it on the Lions radio station. I didn't make it to the sports bar this morning (nursing a cold). That other TD drop that we were referring to, the Lions announcer said that all he had to do was cross the goal line, so according to the announcer, not me, that was the 2nd TD dropped.

Now, if the announcer was correct, we'd have two more TDs and two less INTs had our TE's caught those two passes.

To me though, several hours after it's over, we've been drinking to a Packer's win, no matter how sloppy it was. A win is still a win.

EDIT - I wrote end zone when I meant goal line.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anything else ??

It was a bad pass because Favre threw it to high. You could have Reggie Bush who is pratically a WR and he wouldn't make that grab. The throw was high. I don't know if the ball kind of slipped out of his hand or what but come on to put that on Green is stretching it a bit.

I think the one that was behind Green was more catcheable. In fact I think Green should of caught it. He had a chance to catch it twice after he tipped it the first time and it just came out and went to the defender.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
flapackfan said:

Anything else ??

Here are the ints and the plays right before them

1-10-DET26 (13:17) V.Morency left end to DET 25 for 1 yard (S.Wilson; B.Bailey).
2-9-DET25 (12:37) (Shotgun) B.Favre pass short right to D.Driver ran ob at DET 10 for 15 yards (D.Bly).
1-10-DET10 (12:08) A.Green right end to DET 14 for -4 yards (B.Bailey).
2-14-DET14 (11:24) (Shotgun) B.Favre pass short left intended for A.Green INTERCEPTED by J.Fletcher at DET 12. J.Fletcher to DET 17 for 5 yards (A.Green).

~~~~~`

1-10-DET12 (1:42) (Shotgun) B.Favre pass incomplete short middle to A.Green.
2-10-DET12 (1:39) B.Favre pass incomplete short middle to D.Lee.
3-10-DET12 (1:36) B.Favre pass short middle intended for D.Martin INTERCEPTED by P.Lenon at DET -1. Touchback.

~~~~~

1-10-GB2 (13:04) A.Green left tackle to GB 4 for 2 yards (P.Lenon, A.Bryant).
2-8-GB4 (12:30) A.Green right end to GB 2 for -2 yards (C.Redding, J.DeVries).
3-10-GB2 (11:48) (Shotgun) B.Favre pass short right intended for A.Green INTERCEPTED by D.Bly at GB 12. D.Bly to GB 12 for no gain (A.Green).

~~~

There are all 3 ints by Brett..now you guys can figure out which one your talking about

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
flapackfan said:

Anything else ??

It was a bad pass because Favre threw it to high. You could have Reggie Bush who is pratically a WR and he wouldn't make that grab. The throw was high. I don't know if the ball kind of slipped out of his hand or what but come on to put that on Green is stretching it a bit.

I think the one that was behind Green was more catcheable. In fact I think Green should of caught it. He had a chance to catch it twice after he tipped it the first time and it just came out and went to the defender.

Right on! I was gonna say the same thing. :) thx

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is time for some of you to quit expecting Brett Favre to be perfect every game. He never has been and he never will be perfect.
What is being lost in this whole discussion is that “The Packers” THE WHOLE TEAM, won a football game for the first time this year when Brett has thrown an interception.
The defense stepped up today, carried the offense when they were not at their best or even close to being at their best.
But when it mattered most The offense did their job.
Last drive:

Packers ball, 09:33
Kickoff Jason Hanson kicks 67 yards from Det30 to GB3, Vernand Morency returns to GB22 for 19 yards
1st-10-GB22 Rush Ahman Green Off Left End to GB27 for 5 yards
Penalty Det-Jamar Fletcher PENALIZED 5 yards for Pass Interference
1st-10-GB32 Rush Ahman Green Off Right Tackle to GB35 for 3 yards
2nd-7-GB35 Rush Ahman Green Off Left End to GB46 for 11 yards
1st-10-GB46 Incomplete Pass Brett Favre Pass Incomplete to Donald Driver
2nd-10-GB46 Rush Vernand Morency Off Right End to Det44 for 10 yards
1st-10-Det44 Penalty GB-Tony Moll PENALIZED -5 yards for False Start
1st-15-Det49 Rush Vernand Morency Off Right End to Det45 for 4 yards
2nd-11-Det45 Time Out Green Bay Packers timeout.
2nd-11-Det45 Rush Ahman Green Off Right End to Det44 for 1 yard
3rd-10-Det44 Pass Brett Favre Pass to Donald Driver to Det32 for 12 yards
1st-10-Det32 Rush Ahman Green Off Right Tackle to Det30 for 2 yards
2nd-8-Det30 Rush Ahman Green Off Left Tackle to Det31 for -1 yards
3rd-9-Det31 Rush Ahman Green Off Left Tackle to Det21 for 10 yards
1st-10-Det21 Rush Vernand Morency Off Left Guard for 21 yards for a TOUCHDOWN
Made Extra Point Dave Rayner extra point is GOOD. Holder-Jon Ryan
Det 9 GB 17, Plays: 12 Yards: 78 Possession: 6:45

This is the type of drive MM and everyone else has been hoping for all year. We ran the ball down their throats, Brett threw 3 passes…the first Detroit was penalized for pass interference resulting in a first down, the second was incomplete, the third was a 3rd and 10 completion to DD, to keep the drive going.

How many times must it be said. THIS IS A TEAM GAME!!!! You win as a team and you lose as a team, those of you who continue to play “The Blame Game” maybe should try joining a “Team” of some kind, experience how it feels to win and how it feels to lose. Then you might understand.

Brett did not have one of his better games today, BUT THE PACKERS WON

The TE’s were horrible today,BUT THE PACKERS WON

Ahman Green and Vernand Morency were a combined 29 rushes for 133 yds and 2 td’s, HEY THE PACKERS WON.

The very young O-line only gave up 1 sack, HEY THE PACKERS WON

Al Harris and Charles Woodson shut down the Lions receivers, HEY THE PACKER WON

The defensive line were relentless today, KGB showed how effective he can be by just playing on passing downs, Kampman, Jenkins and Williams combined for 6 sacks, HEY THE PACKERS WON.

I know some will say “yea but it was only The Lions”, well The Lions have put up some pretty big numbers on offense at times this year and it is proven every week, especially in the NFC, that any team can beat any other team(see redskins..saints).

Bottom line, THE PACKERS WON, and oh by the way, although still a long shot, The Packers are a lot closer to the playoffs after this weekend then before this weekend.

The time to complain and argue is during the off season, try being a FAN of the game, enjoy the wins, be dissapoointed with the losses, but remember, nothing anyone on this forum does or says is going to change who The Packers put out on the field, so support the guys who are out there, because believe it or not, THEY PLAY AS A TEAM, and are doing their very best, and trying their hardest to be perfect, but they are human……NOBODY IS PERFECT.

Sorry for the long tirad, just had to get this off my chest.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we have 25 players who could have 1000 yards and there are only 32 teams. I say again 1000 yards means not a damn thing anymore. It used to mean something back when they only played 14 games but now it means absoloutely nothing.

Green is 21st in the league in rushing. Does that mean anything to anyone? In fact, if you take away his fluke 70 yard run, his yearly stats are 203 carries for 797 yards at 3.9 yards per carry. Not very impressive if you ask me.

First of all, Ahman's numbers are 226 carries for 946 yards -- in 12 games since he missed 2 games early in the season. So, by your logic and only playing 14 games, 1000 yards WILL mean something.

You cannot pick and choose which runs to count or not to count on his average. Do we ignore LTs 85 yard run today? His high going into today was only 58 yards. So do we just discount his total yards this year as well? We could just as well say that we should not look at all the 1 or 2 yard runs as well since they must have been the line's fault. You have to look at the whole picture.

Of those 20 players who have rushed for more yards that Ahman this year, only 6 of them have fewer carries going into this week. Johnson is well over 300 carries and LT, Gore, Parker, Barber, Taylor, Rudi, and Edge (who only has a 3.3 Avg) are knocking on the door.

Members online

Latest posts