TOO SAD

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE LIONS ALLOWED 70% PASS COMPLETIONS....WHY IS FAVRE THROWING 3 INTS? PLS SOMEBODY TELL ME? I DONT HAVE THE GAME HERE

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE LIONS ALLOWED 70% PASS COMPLETIONS....WHY IS FAVRE THROWING 3 INTS? PLS SOMEBODY TELL ME? I DONT HAVE THE GAME HERE
2 of them hit green in the hands. and martinn dropped 2 td passes.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because our "supporting cast" is more like a decaying cancer.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tano1998 said:

I think Martin dropped one and Lee dropped the other.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first two interceptions were completely Favre's fault. He threw a short pass to Ahman Green that was way too high and hard, and it ricocheted off Green's outstretched arm and was picked off. The second interception was thrown directly into tight coverage in the end zone, and Paris Lenon stepped in front of the intended receiver to pick it off. The third interception, on the other hand, was a perfect pass to Ahman Green, but Green was off balance near the sideline and it bounced off his hands and into the hands of a defender.

Favre was also victimized by drops by David Martin (should've been an easy TD) and Donald Lee (two drops).

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: This should be enough proof for GB to dump all three of our present TEs and start looking for someone who knows what a football looks like and can catch one! Gad what a bunch of leakers!!! It's also evident that Brett has passed his prime but, what has GB got to replace him? Think GB might as well play the other two QBs just to see if they have anything to offer for the future.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tano1998 said:

I saw one hit Ahman Green right in the hands.

The other one was very high and uncatchable and a poorly thrown ball. Green is not a 6'2" player. It barely hit the tip of his left hand. The right read but a bad throw.

Then there was a pure forced pass which was a bad read.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:beersign: Brett's accuracy has been very much in question lately; is that because of the lack of protection , bad routes by receivers or just father time catching up to him? And does it look as though some of the zip has gone out of his passes?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He looked fine last week in San Fran..

I think it's the uneven play of the whole team.

They're not in sync out there..Using only half the playbook...Jennnigs coming off injury..No good receivers after Driver and Jennings..spotty O-Line play...etc..etc..etc..

This has been the problem all year..!

Hopefully, things will improve next year!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So that's why we never throw to the TE's anymore.

Favre was up and down all game. Had he hit Driver on that deep pass I would be happy, but he pretty much stunk it up today.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real bad pass was the one Favre threw into the end zone. The crossing under route that was high to green happened because just as favre commited to throw, the defensive lineman jumped and held his hands up. Favre released it early and it was a tad behind Green. Should he have not thrown it? probably. Could he have stopped from throwing it? I don't think so.

The offense is young and the timeing is spotty from week to week. As they play more they well gel better. As it is, apparently the offense is 5th in the league for yardage. In the past, we have been used to sure handed recievers....not this year

OP
OP
T

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, it's time to us to dont expect "miracles" of #4, just try to play above average, but the bad thing is that we dont have good players to support a good QB, not a superstar

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
He looked fine last week in San Fran..

how about the week before?

How about the week before that?

Try to follow along fella. I said that the WHOLE TEAM'S play has been spotty. Up and down.

or inconsistant.

One week ok to good...

The next week, not so good...

That's what happens with a young, inexperienced, not very talented (yet) team....

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew all you people would look at the box score after the game and say Brett Favre has lost it. Obviously none of you saw the game. The guy is playing out there all by himself practically.

First one to Green was a difficult one to catch but supposedly everyone boasts about how great of a pass catching running back that Green is. A good receiving runningback makes that catch 80 percent of the time.

The second interception, Brett just had a pass dropped at the one yard line by a tight end which would have probably been a touchdown. There was a penalty the next play if i remember correctly. He was obviously frustrated and threw the ball into the endzone, yes it was a bad pass but he was frustrated.

The third interception was a perfect strike to Green which slipped out of his hands into the hands of the defender. Did somebody say Green was one of the best pass catching runningbacks?? WTF are those people watching?

Favre had 2 touchdowns dropped. Like a total of 6 or 7 drops which were easily catchable.

Favre played great, even though you guys didnt read that in the box score.

Since you guys are obviously completely fantasy stat orientated, i'll do this for you.

Favres stats on the day 20/37 174 yards, 0 td's and 3 interceptions.

If guys werent dropping balls left and right his stats would look more like this: 27/37 around 275 yards, 2td's at least and 1 interception.

Has he lost it??? No fking way

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I knew all you people would look at the box score after the game and say Brett Favre has lost it. Obviously none of you saw the game. The guy is playing out there all by himself practically.

Practically by himself? Hardly the case. He has a RB who could top 1000 yards, he has a WR who has topped 1000 yards. His OL is at times giving him problems, yes. Practically alone? C'mon now.

Brett lost it? Not all of it, but even Brett has admitted he's not the same QB he was in the middle of his career. He's not the MVP Brett, thats not to say he's not a good QB though. He is. I still put him in the top five, but I'm sometimes a homer when it comes to Brett.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First one to Green was a difficult one to catch but supposedly everyone boasts about how great of a pass catching running back that Green is. A good receiving runningback makes that catch 80 percent of the time.

The second interception, Brett just had a pass dropped at the one yard line by a tight end which would have probably been a touchdown. There was a penalty the next play if i remember correctly. He was obviously frustrated and threw the ball into the endzone, yes it was a bad pass but he was frustrated.

The third interception was a perfect strike to Green which slipped out of his hands into the hands of the defender. Did somebody say Green was one of the best pass catching runningbacks?? WTF are those people watching?

Favre had 2 touchdowns dropped. Like a total of 6 or 7 drops which were easily catchable.

Since you guys are obviously completely fantasy stat orientated, i'll do this for you.

If guys werent dropping balls left and right his stats would look more like this: 27/37 around 275 yards, 2td's at least and 1 interception.

He had a bad game. Who cares? We won.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:

Practically by himself? Hardly the case. He has a RB who could top 1000 yards, he has a WR who has topped 1000 yards. His OL is at times giving him problems, yes. Practically alone? C'mon now.

Brett lost it? Not all of it, but even Brett has admitted he's not the same QB he was in the middle of his career. He's not the MVP Brett, thats not to say he's not a good QB though. He is. I still put him in the top five, but I'm sometimes a homer when it comes to Brett.

Again, people are so fixated on statistics. Your main argument is that "he has a runningback who could top 1000 yards"

I hate to break up the party but that really means nothing anymore.

The stats as they currently stand:

12 guys already have 1000 yards

9 other have at least 867 yards (Green has 867)

4 others have between 772 and 867 yards (they could all reach 1000 yards easily)

So we have 25 players who could have 1000 yards and there are only 32 teams. I say again 1000 yards means not a damn thing anymore. It used to mean something back when they only played 14 games but now it means absoloutely nothing.

Green is 21st in the league in rushing. Does that mean anything to anyone? In fact, if you take away his fluke 70 yard run, his yearly stats are 203 carries for 797 yards at 3.9 yards per carry. Not very impressive if you ask me.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

He had a bad game. Who cares? We won.

The point if you were paying attention is that he had a good game and his teammates had a bad game. I guess things like processing words are above your head. No problem.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're absolutely right. There were two TDs dropped, and they were followed by INTs. had the 2 TDs not been dropped by TEs, his stats would be entirely different.

I knew there would be a lot of blaming Favre after the game. Granted, he didn't have a good game. But he didn't have a bad game either, for those who can see beyond stats.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point if you were paying attention is that he had a good game and his teammates had a bad game. I guess things like processing words are above your head. No problem.

Ouch. You question my PhD intellect.

So we had drops today. How is that different from any other week? The INT into triple coverage was stupid. You can't tell me, "Oh he's just trying to make a play! His recievers can't catch so now he has to throw in triple coverage!" Please. If A-Rod makes that throw he gets ripped to shreds for a stupid throw, not "trying to make a play."

Sorry, but barely over 50% completions and 3INTs does not scream "good game" to me.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
So we had drops today. How is that different from any other week? The INT into triple coverage was stupid. You can't tell me, "Oh he's just trying to make a play! His recievers can't catch so now he has to throw in triple coverage!" Please. If A-Rod makes that throw he gets ripped to shreds for a stupid throw, not "trying to make a play."

A-Rod can't throw any passes into triple coverage. He's on IR!

Members online

Latest posts