Tony Romo to Tom Brady: 'See you in February'

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...atriots-tony-romo-tom-brady-super-bowl-101415

I'm beginning to wonder if Dallas loses 3-4 out of their next few games if they'd be smart to shut it down for the year and not risk Romo returning. Hes one hit away of being sent into retirement at this point. Also, lets face it, that Dallas OL has been playing sub-par Football this year. Even with Romo, they were not performing well.

Even if Dallas goes 6-5 the rest of the way, they finish 8-8. But that isn't looking doable from where I stand.

Thoughts?

And also, one has to wonder how long it takes Romo to even get back into Football shape once he DOES return and how gun shy will he be? I think that Jerry Jones and a few others in Dallas thought that they'd continue winning even with Weeden starting at QB. So you have to wonder if their mindsets change if they continue this losing slide that they are on.

D

Deleted member 6794

Even if Dallas goes 6-5 the rest of the way, they finish 8-8. But that isn't looking doable from where I stand.

The Cowboys will start Matt Cassel after their bye and maybe get Dez Bryant back. As of right now there are only five teams in the NFC with a winning record so while it's improbable they will make the playoffs there's a slim chance they will.

astarr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget what division they play in. Right now, the Eli Manning led football Giants are the "class" of the NFC East. If Cassell or *gulp* Kellen Moore can rattle off a couple wins before Romo returns, they've got a decent chance at the division.

H

HardRightEdge

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...atriots-tony-romo-tom-brady-super-bowl-101415

I'm beginning to wonder if Dallas loses 3-4 out of their next few games if they'd be smart to shut it down for the year and not risk Romo returning. Hes one hit away of being sent into retirement at this point. Also, lets face it, that Dallas OL has been playing sub-par Football this year. Even with Romo, they were not performing well.

Thoughts?

And also, one has to wonder how long it takes Romo to even get back into Football shape once he DOES return and how gun shy will he be? I think that Jerry Jones and a few others in Dallas thought that they'd continue winning even with Weeden starting at QB. So you have to wonder if their mindsets change if they continue this losing slide that they are on.
If Romo makes his target date, it will be week 11 with 6 games to play. He'll have missed half the season.

I seem to recall, but correct me if I'm wrong, a team in recent years who's QB missed half the season, went 2-5-1 in his absence, while fielding a sub-par defense. In the end they finished 8-7-1 and won their Division.

As far as "football shape" goes, we are talking about a QB, right? It's not like missing the weight room is going to matter much. Further, QBs, unlike most other positions, never work into "contact shape" (see: training camp red jersey); that term is just another way of saying, "getting used to hitting and being hit and getting the blood up".

That other franchise QB I mentioned, who's name still escapes me, had a bum wheel...he couldn't even jog around the track while recouping. Probably not even yoga.

When Romo is medically cleared, he will play, even if they're 2-8. He could run the table to 8-8 and win a Division, or perhaps a wild card. You'd think his subs will need to manage a tie somewhere along the way to make it more plausible. ;)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That other franchise QB I mentioned, who's name still escapes me, had a bum wheel...he couldn't even jog around the track while recouping. Probably not even yoga.
It's not fair to Romo to compare him to such a man.....:D

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But wont it take a game or two to get his timing back etc? He wont just come in and pick up where he left off at a high level. I guess that is what I meant instead of "Football Shape" :)

H

HardRightEdge

But wont it take a game or two to get his timing back etc? He wont just come in and pick up where he left off at a high level. I guess that is what I meant instead of "Football Shape" :)
Did you see a problem with Rodgers' timing? If so, would you have preferred Tolzien in light of some Rodgers minor flaws?

Whatever miscalibration might ensue for Romo, if any, consider the alternatives coming off the bench. In the end, if Romo wants to play he will play, and that's what I expect will happen if his rehab stays on target, regardless of the team's record.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

Did you see a problem with Rodgers' timing? If so, would you have preferred Tolzien in light of some minor flaws?

Rodgers was rusty in the first game back at Chicago though. While all of us remember the game winner to Cobb in the last minute he threw two interceptions during the Packers first two drives. There's no doubt though that as long as he's capable of playing he presents the better option even if his timing is off a bit.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys took a major step back this year even when healthy. I expect the Giants to win the east.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Romo makes his target date, it will be week 11 with 6 games to play. He'll have missed half the season.

I seem to recall, but correct me if I'm wrong, a team in recent years who's QB missed half the season, went 2-5-1 in his absence, while fielding a sub-par defense. In the end they finished 8-7-1 and won their Division.

As far as "football shape" goes, we are talking about a QB, right? It's not like missing the weight room is going to matter much. Further, QBs, unlike most other positions, never work into "contact shape" (see: training camp red jersey); that term is just another way of saying, "getting used to hitting and being hit and getting the blood up".

When Romo is medically cleared, he will play, even if they're 2-8. He could run the table to 8-8 and win a Division, or perhaps a wild card. You'd think his subs will need to manage a tie somewhere along the way to make it more plausible. ;)

I don't see 8-8 winning that div. Giants really should be 5-0 except except mistakes made in last 2 minutes of the 2 loses.
They one of most complete teams in NFC. Don't think cowboys will even make the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts