1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Tony Gonzalez

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Krazygangsta, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    he could just be saying that to use it as a bargaining chip with KC so he gets more jaaaaaaaack.

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard that he wanted to go elsewhere back in October. I think if KC franchises him he's going to be an interesting story to watch. Probably won't attend any off season programs for KC.

4. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard he was sick of not really winning in KC.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think we have a chance to get him.....IF Favre is coming back. Otherwise no way.

6. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i keep hearing that KC will slap the Franchise Tag on him, keeping him a Chief...

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    They might do that......but he might not give 100% if they do so. Or maybe he'd play a game, and get "hurt". There are ways around it if he wants to play dirty. I'm not condoning that, but you never know what a guy might do.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,959
    Chiefs | Gonzalez signs extension
    Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:42:57 -0800

The Kansas City Chiefs announced Friday, Jan. 12, they have agreed in principle with TE Tony Gonzalez on a five-year contract extension. Financial terms of the deal were not announced.

Chiefs | Gonzalez contract update
    Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:59:04 -0800

Updating a previous item, Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez's new contract is expected to include $16 million in bonus money and average more than $6 million per year. The lone sticking point left is the structure of the deal and how much of the money is back-loaded and how much is put into the first three years of the contract. Gonzalez has until 4 p.m. EST Friday, Jan. 12, to send in a letter to the league voiding his contract in order to become an unrestricted free agent.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Looks like I was right. :)

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,959
    :thumbsup:

11. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hsakldhklsahdklsahdakl uhhhhhhhhhhhh :'( ah well ... BYE BYE BRETT ... unless moss comes :S

12. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Lets not encourage him to keep quoting himself each time he's right. He may jus hurt himself patting himself on the back. ;)