Tony Gonzalez?

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw an article on NFL.com about him wanting to be traded.
What would you be prepared to give up for him?

personally i'd be fine with a 3rd round pick, 2nd maybe if we got another pick like 4/5/6th round in return.

discuss! :)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a 2, solely because he doesn't have a lot of years left and TE isn't our main need. But trading our 1st 3rd would be good, there's no one in this draft that comes close to him (Pettitgrew is as good as Bubba Franks, maybe Heath Miller...). And getting this guy for our 2nd 3rd would be awesome, our pass attack would be 1st class. Hell, our pass attack is already 1st class, it would be UNSTOPPABLE! Jennings and Gonzalez demanding double cover, and they still having to cover Driver, Nelson and Jones??????

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well we tried to get him last year for a 3rd and almost worked but didn't cuz they changed their mind at the last second and wanted a 2nd so.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mmm...I don't know. Jermicheal Finley seems to have lots of potential, this would diminish his playing time. Plus Gonzalez is towards the end of his career. It would make sense if we had to absolutely win this year, but since we are a young team I wouldn't pull the trigger on that.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The current administration is so enamored with Finley, and I think rightly so, that they won't consider bringing in a top flight TE. I think Finley is absolutely loaded with potential and if he develops this offseason he could be our Kellen Winslow Jr, minus the ******* attitude.

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take Gonzo for a 3rd rd pk in a heartbeat. Instant offense and TDs , and u can put Finley at the other TE. It'd be like the SB yr when we had double TEs- if they double Gonzo - leaves Finley one on one and one of WRs one on one. Gonzo is a quick fix - kinda player that can put GB over the top . :beer: :rock:

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:
I'd take Gonzo for a 3rd rd pk in a heartbeat. Instant offense and TDs , and u can put Finley at the other TE. It'd be like the SB yr when we had double TEs- if they double Gonzo - leaves Finley one on one and one of WRs one on one. Gonzo is a quick fix - kinda player that can put GB over the top . :beer: :rock:

You can't just throw Donald Lee into the trashcan! ;)

Diltzy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jess said:
The current administration is so enamored with Finley, and I think rightly so, that they won't consider bringing in a top flight TE. I think Finley is absolutely loaded with potential and if he develops this offseason he could be our Kellen Winslow Jr, minus the ******* attitude.

I have to agree with you too. McCarthy and Rodgers have both come out and said they like Finley alot. They said he showed so much in practice, but just never got the chances on game day until the last game of the season against the Lions. I like him. I think this year is going to be his break out year giving Rodgers just one more weapon to use upfront.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way I would give up a premium draft pick ( 1st-3rd) for a player his age. Understand that the maximum impact a TE has on the game is 5 plays (catches) meaning he will only touch the ball 5-7 plays a game. Yes you have to account for him on other plays, but I think you can develop the youth on our team and use that pick on more pressing needs ( Front 7 on Defense, OT, CB,etc.).

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Diltzy said:
Jess said:

I have to agree with you too. McCarthy and Rodgers have both come out and said they like Finley alot. They said he showed so much in practice, but just never got the chances on game day until the last game of the season against the Lions. I like him. I think this year is going to be his break out year giving Rodgers just one more weapon to use upfront.
yea and wasnt that him who dropped two extremely easy passes?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Spanish Rose said:
Diltzy said:
Jess said:

yea and wasnt that him who dropped two extremely easy passes?
He was a rookie. Expecting him to catch everything is unreasonable. No receiver makes every catch.

Terrell Owens, great receiver, consistently leads the league in drops.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jess said:
He was a rookie. Expecting him to catch everything is unreasonable. No receiver makes every catch.

yes i understand it was his rookie season but it was the last game of the season and he had two passes thrown to him that game and dropped both of them... i could have made those catches rookie season or not.. if your in the nfl theres no excuse for droppin those easy passes even if your a rookie.. hes been playing football since he was a child probly so just because hes in the nfl he forgot how to catch a football... im not saying hes a bad te i just dont know how everyone here thinks hes going to be a great te.. where are you basing your judgement on because it cant be based on that game

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Spanish Rose said:
Jess said:

yes i understand it was his rookie season but it was the last game of the season and he had two passes thrown to him that game and dropped both of them... i could have made those catches rookie season or not.. if your in the nfl theres no excuse for droppin those easy passes even if your a rookie.. hes been playing football since he was a child probly so just because hes in the nfl he forgot how to catch a football... im not saying hes a bad te i just dont know how everyone here thinks hes going to be a great te.. where are you basing your judgement on because it cant be based on that game
I'm basing it on the fact that while he was extremely raw coming out of college with his skills, the guy has all the tools to become a top flight NFL tight end. He can run better than most tight ends, he's a tremendous athlete, one of the best athletes i've seen at that position. Given time to actually develop, he can be great. He can be our Kellen Winslow Jr, who I think he compares favorably based on talent alone. He has all the tools to be successful in the future, he just needs time to realize the tremendous amount of potential he has.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts