Tony ¨the piano¨Palmer.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, they got him cuz he doesnt fit the scheme. thats why they brought him in...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why else would they get him if they didnt think it would\could work? lol. wow.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Very interesting!
Predicted to go anywhere from 2nd round to undrafted.
Sounds like he has alot of potential for a 7th rounder, but does he "fit the scheme"?

At 330 I don't think so. This move baffles me as do most anymore. If you wanted a 330 pound guy there were 20 better, more experienced ones available. Boy I'm sure glad we passed on Watts and Calico for "The Piano"

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no tombradyhater, hes not a pro bowler, every move TT makes has to be a pro bowler.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
At 330 I don't think so. This move baffles me as do most anymore. If you wanted a 330 pound guy there were 20 better, more experienced ones available. Boy I'm sure glad we passed on Watts and Calico for "The Piano"

C'mon Pyle... You know as well as I do that talent was never factored into TT's offensive budget. "The Piano" is cheap and expendable... Just like Uncle Teddy likes 'em!!!

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, like woodson...or pickett.....yeah....ok...you done? cuz im done listening to ya!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
no tombradyhater, hes not a pro bowler, every move TT makes has to be a pro bowler.

Yeah thats what I said.....next.......

I agree Anubis, just more fodder. He doesn't fit the scheme at 330, we do not need more INEXPERIENCE on the O-Line, he basically just re-signed Whittacker. Good thing he didn't go get us one of those WR thingies because god knows we don't need one of those!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, like woodson...or pickett.....yeah....ok...you done? cuz im done listening to ya!

Uhhh... None of those guys play on offense, Trom.

Next time READ what was written before you fire off yet another nonsensical response. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think it's a negative to read about what a great prospect this guy supposedly was coming out of college. A late second round pick? If that was the case, why was he not taken nearly that early, and why was he cut? He must be missing some skills that are required to play in the NFL. He sounds like a project, rather than a player who will provide any immediate help.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
please dont call my responses nonsensical.

Then please quit putting words in people's mouths and comment on what is actually being discussed. I really don't care if you agree with my POV or not, however I do not appreciate being credited with things I did not say.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT signed back ahman and big willie(who almost was a viking, btw). GB builds through the draft now, i dont know if you noticed. GB is trying to the route Pitt\NE went.

there.

please dont call my responses nonsensical.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
GB is trying to the route Pitt\NE went.

what a stupid way to go about building a franchise.... TT what a dummy.

Trying too build through the draft? What kind of statement is that?

TT is trying to build through the draft as opposed to growing players in the garden?

Every team tries to build through the draft. Arizona and Cleveland try to build through the Draft as well. Are we judging the amountof draft picks to see if a team is "trying to build through the draft?" I mean whats the barometer here?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:
GB is trying to the route Pitt\NE went.

what a stupid way to go about building a franchise.... TT what a dummy.

Trying too build through the draft? What kind of statement is that?

TT is trying to build through the draft as opposed to growing players in the garden?

No, as opposed to doing it through big expensive free agents, like the vikings. if the vikings arent superbowl bound within 2 years, their moves are a bust, and their checkbook hurt bad.

but yeah, pyle...growing them in the garden....yikes.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the Vikings had a draft every year as well? They probably just say screw it and draw names out of a hat, huh.

Pit/NE use the same philosophy as 80% of the rest of the NFL does. They obviously have guys that can figure out how to put it all together.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
No, as opposed to doing it through big expensive free agents, like the vikings. if the vikings arent superbowl bound within 2 years, their moves are a bust, and their checkbook hurt bad.

but yeah, pyle...growing them in the garden....yikes.

The Redskins are another team that has relied heavily on big free agent signings, without success. Every off-season we hear how great the Vikings and Redskins are going to be, and then when the games are actually played, they prove to be disappointments.

Members online

Latest posts