Tony ¨the piano¨Palmer.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
Knowing the lack of character you are (purely opinion of course)

Unreal, questioning my character because you disagree with me.

Where was the disagreement? You asked a question. I gave it a quick (you requested 'quick') shot without looking it up. Then looked it up to find the answer.

I can question anyone on any grounds I see fit. Deal with it. You can do it just the same.

Yeah because I disagree with you.........so fragile

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I'm not debating him signing as a FA with Dallas. That I'm aware of.

The Eagles made a trade to get him. He wasn't a free agent signee.

Owens/Philly Deal

Owens had negotiated the deal with Philly as a FA, however his agent, David Joseph, forgot to file the paperwork that would void his remaining contract years with SF. The NFLPA filed a grievance on Owen's behalf but before it could go to arbitration, SF, Philly and Baltimore made a three way settlement that saw Brandon Whiting and a 5th round pick go to SF from Philly in return for the rights to Owens, and Baltimore was given back their second-round pick they traded to SF.

So technically, Owens was not a FA. However, Philly did negotiate with him on the mistaken assumption his agent would file the paperwork on time, and made the deal with him as if he was a FA at the time.

I hope this clears up any confusion in regards to Owens FA status prior to signing with Philly.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It was cleared up before I posted the link. Thanks though.

Judging ones character has NOTHING to do with disagreeing/agreeing on something neither has any control over.

Please, no more namecalling. It's not nice. You're better than that.

Four years in the league is veteran. He played on a Super Bowl team. His talent level? That I question. Haven't seen anything to be excited over with that area. I have heard from his previous teams players/coaches and ours that he gives good leadership in the secondary. If that is wrong, so be it.

I believe there is a fine line between having someone who is a leader on your team and someone who can be a leader on your team while having the talent to help out on the field.

5 - 8 years is the ballpark I would presume is best for that. Older than that their play has probably begun to decline and if not will in the coming years. Unless its a special player like Barry Sanders, etc...

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why in the hell is there a 4 page thread about Tony Palmer?

Oh, that's right. Because the thread hasn't been about Tony Palmer for 3 pages.