Tomlin on Steelers loss

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this guy more and more. This is one of his comments after the Cardinals brought us back down to planet earth Sunday (when asked if they lost because of injuries - specifically Ward and Polamalu):

"The 11 that we have on the field represent the Pittsburgh Steelers. We will never use injuries as an excuse. Whether it happens before the game or whether it happens during the game. We feel good about the 53 men on our team and the 45 that put on hats. All of them are capable of helping us win. They (injuries) are not the reason we lost this football game today. The Arizona Cardinals outperformed us. Injuries are a part of the game.”

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
That is the type of coach a player wants to play for... no excuses... just play the damn game.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this guy more and more. This is one of his comments after the Cardinals brought us back down to planet earth Sunday (when asked if they lost because of injuries - specifically Ward and Polamalu):

"The 11 that we have on the field represent the Pittsburgh Steelers. We will never use injuries as an excuse. Whether it happens before the game or whether it happens during the game. We feel good about the 53 men on our team and the 45 that put on hats. All of them are capable of helping us win. They (injuries) are not the reason we lost this football game today. The Arizona Cardinals outperformed us. Injuries are a part of the game.”

That is an example of what i think all NFL coaches should be like

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Reason # 2 to like him... you can say I am more than impressed.. I wonder if Faneca will reconsider his position of leaving this team with this guy at the helm?

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, quoted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette after his team dropped their first game of the season Sunday in Arizona: "Believe it or not, I anticipated that at some point I would lose a game. It may happen again at some point. We compete. I don't mind that at all. That is why I love this business. I love the feeling you get when you come in here every week and you have to show and prove on weekends. Sometimes you don't, sometimes you do. You better show and prove more than you don't. I accept that as part of this business. I love that. That is what drives me and I hope that is what drives this football team."

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't surprise at all when he got the Steelers job. He's going to win a lot of games in Pittsburgh and he's got the right attitude.

OP
OP
P

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reason # 2 to like him... you can say I am more than impressed.. I wonder if Faneca will reconsider his position of leaving this team with this guy at the helm?

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, quoted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette after his team dropped their first game of the season Sunday in Arizona: "Believe it or not, I anticipated that at some point I would lose a game. It may happen again at some point. We compete. I don't mind that at all. That is why I love this business. I love the feeling you get when you come in here every week and you have to show and prove on weekends. Sometimes you don't, sometimes you do. You better show and prove more than you don't. I accept that as part of this business. I love that. That is what drives me and I hope that is what drives this football team."

I would hope Faneca and most of the others that made public their unhappiness that Whisenhunt and/or Grimm weren't chosen will rethink those opinions. However, he wants to be paid in the top 10 at his position and while he may be worth it the Steelers are rarely that free with the checkbook. I hope he's back but the dollar may rule.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was kind of hoping he would say something like.........."They were who we thought they were! If you want to crown them, then CROWN them! They were who we thought they were!!!" :wink: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts