Tom Brady/Patriots - End of Era?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
News is he's sold his New England home and moved to Connecticut. Also his family's suite at stadium has been cleaned out.

The End? Do you see him playing elsewhere?

Sky King

Reaction score
They had an exceptional run but all good things must end someday. Brady may come back because they had been enjoying a typical (for them) season until they began to fade at the end and then finished on the sourest of notes. Lose to Miami at home? Ouch!

Maybe that's a summation of the current state of the Brady/Belichick era. That may not be a pretty ending but it could look even worse next season, all season if this becomes their new normal. Trying to extend their past glory with an aging QB would seem to be a poor choice for both the short and long terms. Letting go won't be easy but it appears its about the right time for all of them to move on.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to guess I'd say he'll be back with the Patriots. Connecticut is closer to Boston than to Los Angeles.
But if they were bringing him back, you would think they would have reached out to his agent with an offer by now, especially since Kraft is so fond of him.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
News is he's sold his New England home and moved to Connecticut. Also his family's suite at stadium has been cleaned out.

Sold his suite that’s awful! Hate to say it maybe next home maybe is in suburb in Chicago, hope not, but money from Vegas is he’s a Pat for another year.

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brady will not play for another team. But then again I could be wrong. Nothing is over till it's over, was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor?

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brady will not play for another team. But then again I could be wrong. Nothing is over till it's over, was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor?
I really am not sure if you are joking haha

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd bet he'll be back.Pats have no plan B

Funny I thought Josh McDaniels is supposed to be the QB magician lol.

Man oh man I cannot wait till that clown takes over as HC and gets exposed as the fraud he is. It will happen and one when it does, I'm going to pound it into certain posters ' heads about how right I was.

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like the Bucs are acquiring plenty of talent to surround Brady.

This season could end the debate on whether the Pats' success was more about Brady or Belichick.

Personally I hope both teams go 4-12, poor enough to be termed an awful season, but not bad enough to draft Trevor Lawrence.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'd bet he'll be back.Pats have no plan B

Yeah, I hit that one, didn't I? Know what? I think it'd be cool to have the Pats out perform Brady and the Bucs ... Don't know why because I'm not a Pats guy at all ... but, maybe it's my disdain for teams who try to BUY relevancy (You hearing me Rams?)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I see him headed to Tampa Bay and winning another Ring. Just a hunch. :coffee:

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. We'd have put up a better opposition than the Chiefs.

And had we beaten them, we'd have cleaned the Chiefs as well.

So many what if's.....I need another drink!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lol. We'd have put up a better opposition than the Chiefs.

And had we beaten them, we'd have cleaned the Chiefs as well.

So many what if's.....I need another drink!

I thought the Chiefs would win this game. The silver lining for Packer fans, the Packers were eliminated by what appears to be the best team in the NFL at the moment.

I will admit, I am totally jealous of the Bucs defense. Their secondary barely got tested, thanks to the front 7 and Todd Boles.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we could have been capable of beating the Chiefs. What a tremendous missed opportunity this was. SMH.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I will admit, I am totally jealous of the Bucs defense. Their secondary barely got tested, thanks to the front 7 and Todd Boles.
It boils down to how aggressive and handsy the refs allow the DBs to play. Ahmad Carroll and Josh Jackson would shine under the calls they allowed the TB defense. Like the Legion of Doom used to say, they are going to get tired of throwing the flags on us.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Called it in shoutbox:
Jan 7, 2021 7:45 AM - @Poppa San: The die has been cast and the marketing team has been doing research.
Jan 7, 2021 7:46 AM - @Poppa San: SB will be the old goat Tom Terrific against the latest goat Sir Patrick Mahomes.
Jan 7, 2021 7:47 AM - @Poppa San: Follow the ratings.
Jan 7, 2021 7:48 AM - @Poppa San: Tom gets to ride off into the sunset with a ring from a second team, "proving" his status.
Jan 7, 2021 7:49 AM - @Poppa San: Never mind every ring came with a top 10 defense backing him up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It boils down to how aggressive and handsy the refs allow the DBs to play. Ahmad Carroll and Josh Jackson would shine under the calls they allowed the TB defense. Like the Legion of Doom used to say, they are going to get tired of throwing the flags on us.

Agreed. It was very apparent that the crew working the game yesterday was not the same one that worked the Packer-Bucs game. Some of those ticky tack calls on the Chiefs were just terrible. Meanwhile, the Bucs skate through another game with very few "bad penalties" called against them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I turned it off at the end of the half. Have never not watched a super bowl since I can remember going back to my youth in the 80's.

Once I saw the overturned tipped ball INT and the Bucs WR run into the defender, yes technically a penalty I guess, on a ball rifled out of the back of the endzone I knew the fix was in. And i'm fine with those penalties if you're going to call those penalties on everyone.

But they don't. Big moments, they always seem to favor one guy. I see Tampa DB's and linebackers Tackling pass catchers before the ball even arrives and nothing. WR runs into a DB and the ball is tipped at the LOS anyway and picked off, drop a flag and give it back to them with a free first down. Totally legit.

same as it was with Seattle. They had different rules for them and everyone else. It was made worse by the fact they were throwing flags for every little infraction on DB's during that period too but Sherman would tackle Julio Jones right in the wide open spaces downfield and nobody batted an eye.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I turned it off at the end of the half. Have never not watched a super bowl since I can remember going back to my youth in the 80's.

Once I saw the overturned tipped ball INT and the Bucs WR run into the defender, yes technically a penalty I guess, on a ball rifled out of the back of the endzone I knew the fix was in. And i'm fine with those penalties if you're going to call those penalties on everyone.

But they don't. Big moments, they always seem to favor one guy. I see Tampa DB's and linebackers Tackling pass catchers before the ball even arrives and nothing. WR runs into a DB and the ball is tipped at the LOS anyway and picked off, drop a flag and give it back to them with a free first down. Totally legit.

same as it was with Seattle. They had different rules for them and everyone else. It was made worse by the fact they were throwing flags for every little infraction on DB's during that period too but Sherman would tackle Julio Jones right in the wide open spaces downfield and nobody batted an eye.

Glad you made a big deal out of it, saved me the typing :D

I normally don't get all that bunched up about bad calls, because as you always say, they seem to eventually even themselves out.

I pointed this discrepancy out before and after the 2nd Game with the Bucs 2 weeks ago. Buccaneers were called for ZERO penalties in game 1 against the Pack and only 2 for 8 yds in game 2, that has to be a record. So in review, over 2 games the Bucs had 2 penalties called for a loss of 8 yards and the Packers 10 penalties for 106 yds. The Chiefs pretty much got the same treatment last night.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if it was rigged for the Bucs, why were the Bucs called for 7 penalties and 64 yards against the Saints, and the Saints only had 5 penalties for 34 yards?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So if it was rigged for the Bucs, why were the Bucs called for 7 penalties and 64 yards against the Saints, and the Saints only had 5 penalties for 34 yards?

I would say that 5 VS 7 is not much of a difference. Plus, if you watched that game, the Refs missed at least 20 penalties on the Bucs. ;)

Is there wide spread conspiracy? I doubt it. However, I do think its fair to point out the inconsistency when it comes to calls. Anyone watching the Bucs VS Packers playoff game knows what I mean.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there wide spread conspiracy? I doubt it. However, I do think its fair to point out the inconsistency when it comes to calls. Anyone watching the Bucs VS Packers playoff game knows what I mean.
Thing is, fans of the Lions and Bears say this about the Packers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thing is, fans of the Lions and Bears say this about the Packers.

Was actually funny, the day after the playoff loss to the Bucs, if you ventured out into National discussion of the "Referees for the game", people were even saying "I'm a Lions fan, but I'm observant enough to know that the Packers got hosed." Saw that from a lot of fans of other teams. Of course some of them had to get their dig in "about time, Packers always get the calls against our team".

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, and I realize stats are stats, but this year, in the two games, the Lions had 11, Pack 20 and the Bears 6, the Pack 7

Members online

Latest posts