Tom Brady Just Retired then just unretired

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except maybe he hasn't decided for sure yet?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure that the Bucs will be yet another team name put into the mix unless we get word that A Rod is staying in GB.
Imo it would be difficult for us to deal him to Tampa. First of all they are NFC and just knocked us out last season, so let’s start there. If Brady retired it’s a blessing. Let’s not pee on that grace with improving the QB position over there.

Secondly they are picking towards the end of the draft. Ideally you’d not want any trade in 2022 outside a top 20 (really more like top 15). Him going there would get you a couple of late Day 1 selections. I don’t think they possess the adequate firepower. Unless they want to give us 3 seasons of Day 1 and day 2 selections.

Thirdly, they’re sitting positive cap, which by itself doesn’t sound bad there in the middle of the league. However they have as many players as GB in FA and Rodgers would want 35Mil annual plus a medium-long term.. then Evans, Suh, Gronk, Fournette, etc.. several OL are all on the table. They’d be hard pressed to get much done and they’d send 4-5 Starters packing.

Obviusly GB will attempt to appease Rodgers vs. setting him in a collision course for retirement. But I don’t like the Tampa idea for our immediate future. The ideal teams would be in the AFC with few exceptions. Outside NFC North, I’d avoid Tampa and 49ers unless we want to cut our own throats. Denver is an ideal fit for all parties.

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brady will announce after the Super Bowl or if he’s really made his mind up, the first week off before the game. He’s such a class act I don’t think he’d distract from this weeks games or the Super Bowl itself. I personally don’t see T.B. as a landing spot for Rodgers but he can basically force the Packers to trade him to wherever he wants to go. GB has zero leverage. If he wants to go to team X and GB says no all Aarogant Rodgers has to do is nothing… just sit and watch the Packers hack and slash to get his bombshell contract under the cap. Green Bay gave Rodgers ALL the power last spring even after he purposely burned a chunk of cap money by refusing to sign a piece of paper. Back to Brady… I’ll miss him mostly because I’ll miss watching people heads explode when he wins (again) and listen to them bluster about how his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th Super bowls were all on account if ( - fill in the blanks -). Used to hear the same things about Montana (tho not as many times) LOL

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Says Brady is retiring now. Brady's dad says he hasn't made up his mind.

Reaction score
I think Brady will announce after the Super Bowl or if he’s really made his mind up, the first week off before the game. He’s such a class act I don’t think he’d distract from this weeks games or the Super Bowl itself. I personally don’t see T.B. as a landing spot for Rodgers but he can basically force the Packers to trade him to wherever he wants to go. GB has zero leverage. If he wants to go to team X and GB says no all Aarogant Rodgers has to do is nothing… just sit and watch the Packers hack and slash to get his bombshell contract under the cap. Green Bay gave Rodgers ALL the power last spring even after he purposely burned a chunk of cap money by refusing to sign a piece of paper. Back to Brady… I’ll miss him mostly because I’ll miss watching people heads explode when he wins (again) and listen to them bluster about how his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th Super bowls were all on account if ( - fill in the blanks -). Used to hear the same things about Montana (tho not as many times) LOL
The Packers will attempt to appease Rodgers to a degree. If they attempt a trade he could stalemate it, but they would likely then give him a second or third team option but that about it.
If Rodgers played obstinate and the Packers wanted to move on? He would need to retire and he forfeits his final accrued season. Green Bay owns him and he cannot play for another team unless they cut him, which isn’t happening.

Reaction score
The Packers will attempt to appease Rodgers to a degree. If they attempt a trade he could stalemate it, but they would likely then give him a second or third team option but that about it.
The other option is he’d retire. He’d lose his final pay and he’d still have an unfulfilled contract with the Packers. He’s be very unwise from several angles to not take at least one trade option if that’s the route GB wants. Forced retirement and a massive loss in compensation. Also his endorsements would drop him. He’d lose an accrued season and get stale. He’d be done for good and it would be his own doing.
Yes Green Bay would lose draft capital but Rodgers would take the worse monetary punishment if he goes the route of breaching contracts. It would be a bad stain on an otherwise great legacy. Highly unusual move but then this is life.

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers played obstinate and the Packers wanted to move on? He would need to retire and he forfeits his final accrued season. Green Bay owns him and he cannot play for another team unless they cut him, which isn’t happening.
I don’t think he has to do any of those things. All he has to do is tell the other team he’s not playing for them and won’t alter his contract to accomadate a trade. Then he goes back to chillin and Green Bay can sit powerless.

Reaction score
I don’t think he has to do any of those things. All he has to do is tell the other team he’s not playing for them and won’t alter his contract to accomadate a trade. Then he goes back to chillin and Green Bay can sit powerless.
GB is never powerless, unless Rodgers had a “no trade” clause he’s pretty much an at-will employee to whatever team owns the contract. Obviously if he refuses to play (lack of will) for the traded team he’d sit out that season and lose an accrued season, both parties would suffer. But if GB was ready to move on without him the only thing they would lose are trade draft picks etc.. they’d recover in a year or two from the sting, but they’d hold Rodgers accruemently hostage.
From Aarons corner, that would terrible for any employer going forward and he’d still need to make the exact same decision next season GB holds the cards and they’d be less likely to appease him as his value dropped majorly.
He’d just need to retire, he’d likely lose all his endorsements and Forfeit his paycheck. The wire transfers stop and bad phone calls start happening, each one costing him millions.
There’s nothing chillin’ about breeching a contractual agreement. He stands to lose $50mil++ out the gate and likely much,much more in finality. (I don’t have his endorsement specifics but kiss them goodbye) including possible league fines if he’s not forthright.

Listen, I’m not wanting this. I’m just stating that Aaron Rodgers doesn’t walk on water, he has obligations to fulfill his legal contracts.

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay HAS to do something to get under the cap by a given date. They tell Rodgers, “we’re trading you to Pittsburg they’ll be contacting you about a contract extension…” Rodgers has his Rodgers tell Pittsburg… “no extension… not interested”…. Pittsburg calls Green Bay “deal’s off”…. Rodgers is in breach of nothing…. Rinse and repeat with any team you care to mention that Rodgers doesnt want to go to.He just chills out on his $46M cap number letting team after team after team know he’s not interested in snd extension with them How much is GB going to get for a one year rental from a team that Rodgers doesn’t want to play for and will not extend with? Then next year he’s a free agent? Tell me what leverage Green Bay has? “OK we’ll call your bluff and let your $46 Million dollar cap-bomb hit us… cut 6-8 players we want to keep… and then in July you tell us@….. “I’m retiring”…. Green Bay has a stripped roster and their ******* in their hand…. Green Bay gave up all the leverage… then Green Bay can try to trade him for a third round pick. IMO this is why MLF, Gute and Murphy are all stroking Aarogant… he has them by the short hairs

Reaction score
Green Bay HAS to do something to get under the cap by a given date. They tell Rodgers, “we’re trading you to Pittsburg they’ll be contacting you about a contract extension…” Rodgers has his Rodgers tell Pittsburg… “no extension… not interested”…. Pittsburg calls Green Bay “deal’s off”…. Rodgers is in breach of nothing…. Rinse and repeat with any team you care to mention that Rodgers doesnt want to go to.He just chills out on his $46M cap number letting team after team after team know he’s not interested in snd extension with them How much is GB going to get for a one year rental from a team that Rodgers doesn’t want to play for and will not extend with? Then next year he’s a free agent? Tell me what leverage Green Bay has? “OK we’ll call your bluff and let your $46 Million dollar cap-bomb hit us… cut 6-8 players we want to keep… and then in July you tell us@….. “I’m retiring”…. Green Bay has a stripped roster and their ******* in their hand…. Green Bay gave up all the leverage… then Green Bay can try to trade him for a third round pick. IMO this is why MLF, Gute and Murphy are all stroking Aarogant… he has them by the short hairs
Players can’t just decide overnight to not be traded. There is language in their contracts for that stuff ahead of time. If there wasn’t. Why do some players have a “no trade” clause? E.g., Deshaun Watson etc..

SPORTSKEEDA
“Though Rodgers doesn't have a no-trade clause in his contract, he has voiced that he would love to play out west, and Las Vegas and Denver seem like two potential landing spots for him.” Nov 3, 2021

From what I can see. Aaron does not have a no trade clause. That makes a tremendous difference in leverage

Aaron can retire like Brady. That’s his prerogative

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay can TRY to trade him but if Rodgers won’t agree to a new contract the trade won’t happen. Not for any meaningfull compensation. Rodgers is a total free agent who cannot be franchised after the 2022 season

Reaction score
Green Bay can TRY to trade him but if Rodgers won’t agree to a new contract the trade won’t happen. Not for any meaningfull compensation. Rodgers is a total free agent who cannot be franchised after the 2022 season
NFL Players get traded every year to less than desired teams. If they don’t show it’s called job abandonment. The Packers would try their best to appease Rodgers to maximize both parties benefits, not because Rodgers owns some legal binding power to decide when and who he plays for. Yes he can be a jerk and not show up for work it’s called “at will”. We obviously can’t physically force him to get out of bed, but he can’t tell us what to do either. I suppose the team would get a arbitrator if it got that ugly. Let’s hope he doesn’t pull that (I honestly don’t think he will he’s pretty smart and stalemating would be really dumb). I’m no expert, but I did make the correct call for him showing back to work within 1 week before this preseason. I just tracked the league fines and they were about to get severely ugly. If he was going to be stupid with his $$$?? it would’ve already happened, imo. There’s a 95% chance if GB wants to trade him he’ll work out 1 of several team options.
Or.. Again he can retire like Brady. :tup:

PS you are right he is a FA after 2022. Unfortunately for Aaron it’s still 2022. Lol

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady posted something on Twitter that he was done this AM. His agent found out & told him to remove it, which he did. Brady receives a $8.9mil bonus payment on Feb. 18th. Also, Tampa gets socked with over $30mil dead money on '22's cap IF he retires before 6/02/22. IF Brady retires after 6/02/22 then the dead cap $ hits 2023's cap instead. Brady will officially retire on 6/03/22, saving Tampa '22 cap space AND pocketing an additional $8.9mil bonus.

Members online

Latest posts