1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tom Brady is no Brett Favre

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zombieslayer, Feb 4, 2008.

1. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The homerism and unfounded hatred of Tom Brady in this thread is just nuts.

Should he continue his pace, Brady will go down as a top 3 QB. Easily.

How many SB wins does Brett have? Cause TB has 3.

People are talking about Brady having more talented teams surrounding him. What?!? The Pats are famous for rescuing old veterans from the NFL scrap heap.

Someone mentioned Brett throwing TDs, and how PF-PA is what matters. No, W's and L's are all that matter in the playoffs.

But if you really want to match stats, who threw the game-ending INT?

Cause the "overrated" Tom Brady had zero picks in his latest game.

Oh, and he had a badly injured ankle, and zero time to throw. How does that take away from his talent again?

lol

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot that we were 18-0 in '97 and the Bills were 18-0 going into their SBs and our '97 was the best Offense EVER. My bad.

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup. he had 0 picks. And very little production.

No risk. No reward. I love that.

I should tell my son, "son, don't try too hard. Don't work hard. Don't study hard. Just be surrounded by talent."

4. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

MAYBE a top 15?! Wow wake up. Brett is AT LEAST in the top 10.

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bingo!

That sums it up right there.

there are times in life when you have to take chances. Sometimes they pan out, sometimes they don't. But often, doing something is better than doing nothing. You'll never get better at anything if you don't take risks.

Sometimes Favre's risks make us shutter and throw things at the TV. Sometimes we win games that there's no way we should have won. And on top of that, those games are games that NO OTHER QB would have won.

6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't go as far as saying Grossman would be good on that team because Grossman is a retarded monkey.

But put any of today's starting top 16 QBs with that OL, those WRs, and that RB talent and they'd have 500+ points. Brady is d*** good, don't get me wrong. He's one of the top 20, probably even higher QBs ever to play the game.

But when things get tough, I'd take Favre over Brady.

7. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So the team around him gets credit for being 18-0 and having the most prolific offense ever, but its Brady's fault when they lose. ????

My point is good teams lose occasionally in SBs. That doesn't automatically make the qb suck.

8. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

9. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Eli had 0 TDs and 0 picks in the NFC Championship.

Then a TD and 1 pick to go with about 3 near-INTs in the big game.

Brady had 1 TD and 0 picks in the SB.

I don't see your point, really.

10. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

11. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Technically, PFT/Tom Martinez is/are making excuses for him. I'm just relaying what I read this morning.

12. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Tom Brady wasn't hurt. He played badly and missed throws because he was hearing footsteps.

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not saying Brady sucks. But put Favre on the '07 Patriots and you might see NE with a win. Brady just didn't produce.

Key word here is might. I'm not saying Favre would have won. The Giants played a heck of a game. I'd rather have Favre in there than Brady.

14. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You could be right. But I don't believe that that would make him less of a QB than anyone, Favre or otherwise. Any QB gets roughed up like he did and they're gonna start sailing throws, am I right?

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bingo!

Again, not saying Favre would have done better. But historically, Favre handles pressure better than Brady. And Favre is a beast to bring down. Brady looked like a scarecrow in that game.

16. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that's the reasonable Zombie that I've grown accustomed to!

The course of this thread turned into a "Brady's overrated, Favre is better" thread. Which is fine to make that argument, but the basis for it seemed to be that his team lost in the Super Bowl, so that makes the above true.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but I just think that TB will go down as a one of the best ever, while Favre is a lock in my top 2.

17. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Again, this is from Brady's guy:

Take it how you will, but you can't just write it off to "media hype" with a comment like that.

18. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    PIB - Well, I won't deny I'm prejudiced. ;)

19. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :D :D

20. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely at least top 10, after the past year it'd be difficult to argue he isn't in the top 5.

21. Toronto_Cheesehead

Toronto_Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre was a real beast in that Dallas game when they were putting the type of pressure on him that Brady was seeing last night from the Giants :roll: I don't care how great a QB is, if your O-line is letting guys through as soon as the ball is snapped then you're gonna play like garbage. It doesn't matter if it's Brady, Favre, Manning, Elway, or Montana under center.

Brady wasn't a scarecrow out there. He tried to step into every throw, even though he knew he was gonna get hit every time. He may not be the ironman Favre is, but he's still one of the toughest players in the league.

22. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    If there are 14 qbs better than Favre, name them.

23. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't even name 3 that are currently playing. Throughout the history of the game maybe 10 that are in his league but for me that's a big maybe.

24. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree Brady is great. What does that make Favre, Unitas, Elway and Montana?

Longest TD pass I ever saw was from Montana.... to North Dakota.

25. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One more thing.

Pats get the ball back with 35 seconds left. Bellichick immediately calls for one pass to end it all, a la Favre to Jennings against the Broncos. Randy Moss is sent deep and the pass is barely short and gets deflected by the Giants' DB.

As much as I love Driver & Jennings, Moss and Welker are faster. Still, if I'm not mistaken, Favre completed more 40+ yard passes this season than Brady did. Favre has the better long ball and the stronger arm.

Had that been Favre back there throwing that long ball, I'm not saying Favre would have completed it. But I will say Favre had a better shot at completing it than Brady. Had that pass been completed, would have been a completely different game.