Tolzien named starter vs Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Signing a QB in the draft sounds a good idea in theory, but we could go out and get Peyton Manning as a back up, but if he get injured in his first series we are still ^**%"*.
Until we address this issue of injuries sorted at ground level, we will always be dead in the water. Just my two cents worth sorry.
There will always be injuries.
Even golfers suffer injuries and I don't think injuries are an issue easily sorted out.
What you can do is stock better players to step in as needed.
Going into the season without a legitimate back up QB was inexcusable.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

There will always be injuries.
Even golfers suffer injuries and I don't think injuries are an issue easily sorted out.
What you can do is stock better players to step in as needed.
Going into the season without a legitimate back up QB was inexcusable.

I hear what you are saying, but it is a thin line between unlucky and just almost cursed. The amount of injuries THIS organisation is beyond unlucky, and something needs to looked at urgently before we can ONLY field third string players in every game left. Purely my opinion of course, but this getting beyond a joke now.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three knee injuries yesterday, two groin injuries, and two re-injuries (foot and hamstring for Perry and Heyward). I still don't know how all the screeching monkeys think that the training staff can prevent an in-game knee injury. Groins are preventable to a degree as much as any injury - part precaution and part luck. The two re-injuries are probably on the fans and coaches, putting pressure on the players and training staff to get these guys back in the lineup. Now they are likely out for even longer stretches.

I think that firing everyone involved is a great move. That's usually what makes things work better....

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
We need a backup QB for sure. Let's see what this kid has. Maybe he will show us he's the guy.
I agree, he showed confidence and skill, along with rookie mental mistakes. Having said that, how did a perrenial playoff contender, get put into a position where we have to say "lets see what this kid has" about our QB or any skill position?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, he showed confidence and skill, along with rookie mental mistakes. Having said that, how did a perrenial playoff contender, get put into a position where we have to say "lets see what this kid has" about our QB or any skill position?
This is too easy Bus. Injuries out the ***.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he already did. Now let see what he can do when he actually practices with the team.
I was impressed with the kid. He missed a wide open Jordy and then the God awful int. But he looked like a QB. Seems to have a strong arm unlike Wallace. Arguably, he did better with no reps than Seneca did.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Three knee injuries yesterday, two groin injuries, and two re-injuries (foot and hamstring for Perry and Heyward). I still don't know how all the screeching monkeys think that the training staff can prevent an in-game knee injury. Groins are preventable to a degree as much as any injury - part precaution and part luck. The two re-injuries are probably on the fans and coaches, putting pressure on the players and training staff to get these guys back in the lineup. Now they are likely out for even longer stretches.

I think that firing everyone involved is a great move. That's usually what makes things work better....

Screaming Monkeys ??? Pass me a banana please :D. I don`t think I`ve got any magical cure for it, I`m just expressing my view of it. :(

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tolzien showed me more being thrown into a bad situation than Wallace. He has a strong arm. I think he has upside whereas Wallace has none.
IMO if the Packers decide to sign Flynn they'll release Wallace

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could agree to pay for his rehabilitation for his pulled groin

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well they have names with the first initial of the first and last name. BOTH contributed to this disaster. In 2010 we had SO many injuries that every original defensive starter missed a game, 10 out of eleven due to injuries. (Hawk basically was benched I believe it was for the Philly game). This year we don't have as many injuries, we also don't have the experience or depth which I put on both Coach and GM for these issues.

It's not all lollipops gumdrops and rainbows with Ted and Mike, and I'm starting to notice that a few Packer fans (of the smarter variety) are realizing this as well.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was impressed with the kid. He missed a wide open Jordy and then the God awful int. But he looked like a QB. Seems to have a strong arm unlike Wallace. Arguably, he did better with no reps than Seneca did.

What's to argue here? HE DID better with no prep work!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
NYGs will be a bit tougher but w/a weeks worth of practice will help for sure

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's to argue here? HE DID better with no prep work!
Yeah, but he still lost us the game.

You all can be impressed with him all you want to by looking at his stats, his form, whatever.
But if those things don't win games, then why bother?
Nothing else matters but the win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wallace lost to the Bears by 7.
Tolzien lost to the Eagles by 14.

Going by those numbers one could say that Wallace did better.
However I don't think one did better than the other since both lost.
This is like arguing over who has the better Ford Pinto.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

You all can be impressed with him all you want to by looking at his stats, his form, whatever.
So why bother then? This was the guys pro debut. He did better than Wallace who's been in the league for 10 years

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wallace lost to the Bears by 7.
Tolzien lost to the Eagles by 14.

Going by those numbers one could say that Wallace did better.
However I don't think one did better than the other since both lost.
This is like arguing over who has the better Ford Pinto.
Different teams, Crosby missed two and defense played worse.

Wallace vs Bears 11-19 114 yards no TD's and 1 int.
Tolizen vs Eagles 24-39 for 280 yards a TD and 1 Int.

I've seen teams win with far worse #'s than Tolizen had. But a better defense would have benefited both.

Last edited:

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He didn't lose anything. Defense that didn't make stops sure didn't help anybody, including a guy who probably still needed directions to Lambeau. And Crosby missing those kicks put us in a bad spot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts