1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Today, my Dad

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by buggybill2003, Dec 3, 2013.

1. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,085
    Today I was going through some stuff. When I was a teenager, my mum and dad loved country and western music. One particular artist they liked, and I loathed was Kitty Wells. Every weekend when I lay in bed late into the morning....even early afternoon, they would threaten that if I never got out of my pit, they would play the record until I got up. One particular track I hated was "Stand by your man", and I would race downstairs to turn off the record player !! I hated the album so much I eventually hid it in my younger brothers record collection were it remained hidden for years. When I turned 50, they had a family meal for me at a local resturant, and after I was presented with all my presents, my dad, who was ill with asbestosis by then presented me with another parcel with a big smile on his face. When I opened it, he had made me a framed gold painted disc, with a copy of the original label used by her record company, and a message that said "To Buggybill, my No.1 fan with best wishes from Kitty Wells". I put it up again on my bedroom wall, and with a slight tear in my eye, and a huge smile on my face, remembered my dear old Dad. God bless old fella ;).

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Awww thats a sweet story!:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,038
    For the kiddies who have no idea who she was: (poor video but only one I found):

4. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    Kitty Wells.... pah!! Be thankful your Mom wasn' a fan of Engelbert Hunperdinck. Quando quando quando brother.

5. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,131
    Nice, BuggyBill.

6. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,085
    Poppa, you are a turd......;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1