1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Today, my Dad

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by buggybill2003, Dec 3, 2013.

1. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,774
    Today I was going through some stuff. When I was a teenager, my mum and dad loved country and western music. One particular artist they liked, and I loathed was Kitty Wells. Every weekend when I lay in bed late into the morning....even early afternoon, they would threaten that if I never got out of my pit, they would play the record until I got up. One particular track I hated was "Stand by your man", and I would race downstairs to turn off the record player !! I hated the album so much I eventually hid it in my younger brothers record collection were it remained hidden for years. When I turned 50, they had a family meal for me at a local resturant, and after I was presented with all my presents, my dad, who was ill with asbestosis by then presented me with another parcel with a big smile on his face. When I opened it, he had made me a framed gold painted disc, with a copy of the original label used by her record company, and a message that said "To Buggybill, my No.1 fan with best wishes from Kitty Wells". I put it up again on my bedroom wall, and with a slight tear in my eye, and a huge smile on my face, remembered my dear old Dad. God bless old fella ;).

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Awww thats a sweet story!:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,005
    For the kiddies who have no idea who she was: (poor video but only one I found):

4. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    Kitty Wells.... pah!! Be thankful your Mom wasn' a fan of Engelbert Hunperdinck. Quando quando quando brother.

5. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,842
    Nice, BuggyBill.

6. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,774
    Poppa, you are a turd......;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1