1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

To Tweet or not to Tweet???

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Kitten, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Just see curious to see how you cats feel about Twitter. I do love Facebook, so I don't know if I need a Twitter, but recently some peeps have been busting on me for not Tweeting. The kicker is my MOM got on me for not having one, can you imagine your Mom schooling you for not using Twitter? LOL.

Thing is, I used to have one about 2 years ago and I shut it down. I didn't really understand it, I started to collect all these "followers", it started to creep me out because one day I went on there, looked to see who was following and I discovered I didn't even know most of those people. I went a bit nuts and posted on some of their pages "who are you"????? Got no response, so I got spooked and shut it down.

I'm thinking of trying it again, you guys seem pretty good on here, anyone care to help a Kitten out with Tweeting skills? I'm not so spooked about the "followers", I think I'm able to set the account to private if I need to. The thing I understand about Twitter is it's mostly status updates, kind of like FB without the Apps and other stuff. I suppose I'd better think of a cute Twitter name too! Thanks in advance for any Tweet advice!!!

2. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Oh man, that's bad when your mom is more hip than you are. Just kidding.

I have a twitter account, never use it. Had a facebook page, closed that. Didn't see the need for strangers to follow my movements or tell my personal/family life to strangers.

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I use Facebook dont see the point of Twitter XD

4. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442

Yah, My Mom was taking me to school a bit. The strangers following me was the reason I closed it in the first place but isn't there a way to set it to private so you can control who can see your tweets, profile, follow you? I'd block my Mom out, LOL. That's all I need is for her to know all the naughty things I've been up to. She'd just bust on my choice of football teams anyway, as in non Eagles.

Funny Twitter story. This is why you have to be careful about Tweeting. My younger cousin uses Twitter, he posted on his Twitter page about a night of naughty activities which landed him a night in jail. He got released, went home to sleep and got woke up by his super angry Mom 2 hours later. Turns out his Mom had been reading his Twitter pages and knew all sorts of stuff he really didn't want his Mom to know. So I guess the lesson here is be careful what you tweet!

5. TomHQ

TomHQ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I use Twitter (@TOMHQ) and it's really helpful and fun. I follow a bunch of Packer fans and Packers blog writers and you get Packers news a lot faster than if you weren't on Twitter. You can also talk to Packers players like Nick Barnett and Clay Matthews. You can set your Twitter account to private so only people you approve can see your Tweets and you can block people from finding you on Twitter all together.

You don't have to use Twitter to talk about your personal life, you can use it to talk about nothing but Packers or sports in general.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Thanks for the helping paws!!! I guess I could just use it for news updates and such!!! Nobody needs, or wants to know what I'm doing anyway!!! LOL

I don't know about tweeting anybody like that, I'd be shy!!!

7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I don't use twitter and shut down FB...its too much! Drama and more drama!
    "Why didn't you accept my friend request??" ( I had more friends in friend request limbo than I did on my friend list!)
    to, "Why did you de-friend me???" Really??? (before I knew i could block them)
    It became such a hassle, the best thing I did last year was close that sucker!

I don't need to know that little buddy finally pooped in the big boy toilet, or such nonsense!

Twitter freaks me out,. just the lingo is enough to scare me off...tweets, twits...lol!!

8. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    If you have interesting things to say, sure... ^^

9. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    lol!! What??? i'm lost! oh.. if you have interesting things to say,..then twitter??

10. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Yeah, why else would anyone bother to read what you post? =P

11. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    LOL guys, I put my best paw forward! @JenniferJoyMeow for now, I may change the name. TOMHQ, I hope it's OK if I follow you, you don't have to keep me, LOL. I need some people to follow. Off to find some Packers and other sports.

Speaking of which, where is the link to follow Packer Forum on Twitter? I have us on FB, just would like the tweets too!!! Thank you all for your advice!!! Play with me on Twitter if you want to! You guys are OK to follow me, I may set the account to private in the future.

12. TomHQ

TomHQ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Sure it's no problem. The forum's Twitter account is [HERE].

13. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Things I learned from Twitter... Kittens name is Jennifer!

14. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    haha!!! Thanks, did you really think my name was Kitten, LOL, tis Jennifer! Already following several and pursued by two unknown. This is an adventure!

Thanks TOM, you were one of my first followers and thanks for the forum link! I don't want to follow the other ones!!!

15. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    LOL!! no... I thought maybe Kitty?? hehehe j/k!

16. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    That's pretty much what I use it for, cause that's the quickest place to get news.. But it's cool for comedy too.

I have 'Echofon' Which puts the twitter feeds in the bottom corner of your browser, so you don't actually have to have the twitter page open. Just a suggestion.

If you want to see comedy, follow this chick.. @iRapedHim

She's got the most hilarious one liners.

17. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I just use it to follow celebrities and sports news people.

And e-stalk Michelle Beadle.

18. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    HAHA I could have guessed that

19. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I use twitter strictly for sports. Its also where I find out alot of NFL news before it hits the streets. Some players will talk with you. Actually Nick Barnett is following me. It can be cool to watch all of the players jaw back and forth and just live their normal lives. If you play Madden or something, alot of them play on either Xbox Live or PSN so they will post their gamertags and you can play with them. Some host contests and give stuff away like autographs or game used stuff. I like it lol.

20. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    So I was just thinking about this ,.. Kitten was saying she had a few random followers on Twitter, I guess you can't accept/decline them like on FB?? People just start following for whatever reason?? I guess I could google that question.

I had Greg Jennings on my FB... it was kinda fun to hear what he said after the games ect.!

21. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I figured that out, you can "block" a user from following you if they bother you. You can also set the account to private in your user settings, you can control who follows you and you can control who is able to view your account in a search. Somebody else posted that in this thread, but it's on Twitters Help page if anybody needs it. I spend a good bit of time familiarizing myself with how it works. It's fun so far!!! I really just like the news (sports, Packers!) updates, I don't know how much tweeting I'll be doing myself until I get more comfortable with it.

I still haven't figured out how to make it tweet on somebody's page. I think I have to do it from my own page and use that @ thing followed by their name.

22. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Good to know,...I did just read back in this thread and saw TomHQ's post that you can set it to private!
    I'll keep up on you here, as far as your progress on the twitter deal that is! LOL!

23. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    That's correct, except you do it on the main page.

24. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    If you guys are looking for all the Packers to follow, you can see them under my follows on my account.
    Make sure you get Sam Shields and Tim Masthay on there.

25. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Thanks!!! I'll follow you and your followers!!!