To those who are sad or depressed

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those who are bummed that the Packers won't be making it to the post-season this year, I would like to quote a very wise man, to put things in perspective:
------
'Well yeah, and I'm sad, but at the same time I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like, it makes me feel alive, you know? It makes me feel human. And the only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt somethin' really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good, so I guess what I'm feelin' is like a, beautiful sadness. I guess that sounds stupid.'
-------

At least it got to week 17 and we were having all those playoff conversations and discussing scenarios. The only scenario teams like the Lions have were what they needed to get the #1 draft pick, and that's not what you want to be talking about during the regular season. So it was a long year. A lot of good, a lot of bad. The team appears to be shaping up nicely in my opinion, and the prospect of the 2007 squad excites me greatly. We are only a couple positions away from being serious contenders(wr,rb,safety). The line appears to have been repaired in 2006, and while young, they improved greatly and will only be better in 2007. The defense started off slow but then became the strength of the team. Woodson,Harris,Hawk,Barnett,Collins,Jenkins,Pickett,Kampman, Poppinga is a great group to have on that side of the ball.

So enjoy the last game, which could be Favres last(but probably not, he sees TT is building a contender here, its obvious to a lot of folks) and have a happy new year!

(btw can anyone guess this wise man?)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
he didnt say TEETIE i can assure you that he said Ted Thompson or Ted or Thompson or Packers GM or ... anything but TEETIE

nice quotes, thank you

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i've been down in the dumps all day.... It's just hard to come to grips with the fact that our season has come to an ned. It's like what will do watch/talk about for the next 6 or 7 months? I love baseball and all, but it's still not the same as the NFL. :|

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree that the playoff excitement is pretty good, especially after last season, and I hope its enough for thompson to realize that we might be one or two more key free agents away from being a legitimate contender in a conference that still sucks.

This validates all of the coaching decisions, I think, the offense struggled and more personell is needed there, no doubt, the defesne struggled at first, young as well, but really won us some games at the end of the season...all in all this team played inspired football considering we got blown out by the jets, were 4-8, and weaseled back into the playoff picture

This also validates my preseason prediction, I said the packers would be 8-8 and challenge for a wild card. This was in April and I got laughed at...I'm going to score my prediction "close enough"...as this season was a big step in the right direction

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's nice watching Jackson run all over the Vikings. Sucks that it kills us for the SoV, though.

I think this is the only time a RB has gained 100 yards on them too. That HAS to sting. 15 games, no 100 back. Then last game of the season, KAPOW!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching that Viking game made me realize how glad I was that we didn't sign Childress. He looks to be another pinhead just like all the other Viking coaches have been in recent years. How a guy could take a team with all that talent and lose is beyond me. But that's not what this post is about.

After watching this team come out of pre-season and after that opening loss to the Bears I thought this was going to be the most awful season we might ever have. What I like is that the team didn't quit. They hit a few bumps in the road, but they came back strong when the easiest thing to do was pack it in. I think there are going to be some changes made. I look for Schottemheimer and possibly Sanders to be gone. I'm hoping they bring in a young offensive minded coach from the college ranks to put some new wrinkles in a bad red zone offense. I hope TT has the best draft of his career because with a solid draft and a fee quality free agents I think this team can challenge Chicago next year.

I'm sad to see the season end, but I'm excited about what the Packers might do in the off season.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's nice watching Jackson run all over the Vikings. Sucks that it kills us for the SoV, though.

I think this is the only time a RB has gained 100 yards on them too. That HAS to sting. 15 games, no 100 back. Then last game of the season, KAPOW!
If I was the Vikes defense, I'd be pissed at the offense leaving them on the field all year long.

Thanks,Childress!

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey this sucks, But the Packers are still what I love. I love sundays because of the Packers. They are the ONE thing that i truely look forward too all week long. Lets jujst go beat the bears :)

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am now rooting for the 49ers to beat the Broncos so Javon Walker doesn't make the playoffs!!! :thumbsup: it would put the chiefs in by the way.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we had walker yet!!!! god do we need him or what? Why couldnt we have just given him his money. He deserved it!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, whats the story? Are we still alive or are we done? Whats the official word? I know Minn lost, we needed them to win. But Detroit won. What a shock!

Lets still put up a fight against the Bears tonight anyhow. We were rebuilding this year.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WE are officially done because the queens lost/other people lost. but most of all we are done because of ourselvs this year :(

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WE are officially done because the queens lost/other people lost. but most of all we are done because of ourselvs this year :(

Not picking on you here at all. Reading your comment, my first thought, the Bills game. 1st and goal on the 1 yard line. If we'd have run it twice instead of trying to catch them in 'transition'. ARGH!! We were running all over them, man.

:chalflag: :chalflag: :chalflag:
Oh well, always next year!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steveGB said:
how could ya be sad or depressed after we shut out the bears starters

more depressing seeing bretts interview, this could be it.

As of now, I believe he's wanting to retire. But come around March or April, he'll change his mind, once he sees TT made a deal for Tony Gonzalez, Greg Jennings is at full strength, Donald Driver calls him repeatedly and reminds him all is well in Green Bay, etc.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well ive already pissed off 1 friend calling when hes on a date...whose next!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well ive already pissed off 1 friend calling when hes on a date...whose next!

Well what's he doing picking up his phone? Tell your friend tomorrow he's an idiot for picking up his phone.

Members online

Latest posts