To Shut him down or Not??

D

Deleted member 6794

And if it is true (which I believe it is); that should be taken into consideration by the coaches as to where he should play against different teams.

Matthews currently is at his best rushing the passer when he´s lining up all over the field. He hs had troubles beating tackles for quite some time now.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what it answers. He played a great game. But it was against a bad tackle. Like I said. The coach needs to take into consideration who we are playing as to where to play CM.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what it answers. He played a great game. But it was against a bad tackle. Like I said. The coach needs to take into consideration who we are playing as to where to play CM.

Ask this

Did he make a difference?

Yes, then was right to play.

No, then he should been sat.

Reaction score
He's been playing injured recently but today we could clearly tell he's back over 90% healthy

D

Deleted member 6794

CM3 was a monster today! He made game changing plays today

He's been playing injured for over half the season. He said late this past week his shoulder is feeling better. He played better today. Coincidence? I think not.

There's no doubt Matthews had a great game vs. the Vikings but you have to realize that he lined up against the worst left tackle in the league. I will wait for Clay to make that kind of plays against above average LTs before appointing him to elite status again.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you miss the point also Wimm? He is still an excellent defensive player if put in the correct position on the field. I really do not want to wait a whole playoff game to show that he cannot beat a good tackle. He should be moved around. And he was moved around against Minihaha. But against the really good L tackles...he should stay away from the right side unless you give him help somehow.

D

Deleted member 6794

Do you miss the point also Wimm? He is still an excellent defensive player if put in the correct position on the field. I really do not want to wait a whole playoff game to show that he cannot beat a good tackle. He should be moved around. And he was moved around against Minihaha. But against the really good L tackles...he should stay away from the right side unless you give him help somehow.

I agree that Matthews should be moved around as he has been more effective when not rushing the passer from a single spot for the last three seasons.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt Matthews had a great game vs. the Vikings but you have to realize that he lined up against the worst left tackle in the league. I will wait for Clay to make that kind of plays against above average LTs before appointing him to elite status again.
I agree Captain, he should have played well against "the worst tackle in the league". If he would not have played well, then we would have something to complain about. Packers win by 4 on Sunday night!

Members online

Latest posts