1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

To My Loyal Detractors...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Anubis, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted to make this last post to say goodbye to this forum. I have been warned by the moderators that I am facing suspension for posting my opinions, so this forum is no longer of any use to me. To those of you that have engaged in mature debate over the two years I have been a member here, I wish you well. Should you wish to discuss a more realistic view of the Packers current status, you can look me up at packerchatters.com.

I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and it really is a shame that it couldn't last through a couple of losing seasons.

Farewell,

Robert C. Hedley

2. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Your leaving too? I hope you change your mind and stay because i liked reading your posts, but that is your choice not mine.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    (To quote arrow) Woe is you, Anubis.

Which moderator specifically warned you and said "you will be suspended if you don't change your views"?

4. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    With that said, I honestly don't know why people are thinking we only want pro TT here.

The problem we have is that the people who aren't in full support resort to childish posts, engage is pissing matches, etc. that gets them suspended. It's pretty simple, if you feel you have been attacked or insulted, let the mods know and engage in some self control. The people who do such a thing (resort to attacking others because of their views) will be warned once, and should it occur again, they will take a break.

When people go on huge pissing matches in different threads, and then expect us to come through and ban the members they feel started it all, I'm sorry but that is unrealistic. When you have contradicting stories, it is near impossible for the mods to end up making a rational judgement.

As for other members, it has been their norm to engage in pissing matches, inability to exercise self control, and a rebel attitude that makes them want to try and show authority for being nothing that gets them suspended.

5. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    not being a smart a$$ here but...based on several comments made by ryan, i'd imagine that's why people feel the site is pro-tt.

i'm not saying there's anything wrong with what ryan has said because it's HIS site - all i'm saying is that could be the reason.

6. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never seen anything from Ryan or anyone else with "Mod" next to their name that would lead me to belive they cared a whit who I or any other member either supported or didn't support.

They simply want everyone to act like level-headed adults when doing so. Doesn't seem that difficult.

7. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have come back only to check this thread in case anyone wanted further explaination as to why I am leaving (along with several others apparently) andto further point out what is wrong with this forum.

Here is the post in question:

I don't understand what is so inflammatory about what I wrote. It was a direct response to Lare's opinion that the Packers are losing because the team is only looking after Brett Favre. My response was contrary to that opinion, and I was told to "quit it or else". This is no different than posting "you will be suspended if you don't change your views".

If you feel the reply I made constitutes an attack, childish post or "engaging in a pi$$ing match, then I really question why you are a mod in the first place. The only thing "wrong" with my post was it is critical of TT, which apparently is enough to get you threatened with suspension on this forum.

Regards,

Robert C. Hedley

8. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    4pack, Ryan is just honestly an all around nice guy. Did he get fed up with the constant bickering? Of course. I mean his site was being hurt, his time and effort all going to waste when this site was in constanting pissing matches.

With that said, people obviously didn't like the TT/MM/et al. thread, and wanted to have different threads to discuss their views. Ryan realized that te majority of people were against the idea, and he scrapped it. He knows the majority of people here want to discuss and debate TT, and he said to make sure it was kept civil. I'm pretty sure Ryan wants people who differ in opinion, because in the end, people who have differeing opinion are who standout, and provide great alternatives.

9. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, Anubis I realized a short while after I posted it, that you might take it as a direct shot at you.

First let me say that it wasn't a direct post at you, rather everyone in the thread. If you look at the thread title, and the original post, then look at the last page or so of that thread, it had become WAY off-topic.

Did you start it? No, not at all. I didn't mean the "Quit it, or else" in terms of stop posting differeing opinions of TT, rather I meant it to stop taking that thread off topic.

People would have been more than welcome to start another thread to discuss the issue. Let me tell you, that I realize I should have worded it better, I realized that soon after posting it, but unfortuantely I have been so busy that I put it off, then completely forgot about it.

I will apologize if you felt it was directed at you, or you took offense to that at all. It wasn't my intention, or my point.

10. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AADP,

It appears that this was a misunderstanding. I had honestly thought your post was directed at me. I hope you can see why given the circumstances.

Regards,

Robert C. Hedley

11. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I VERY rarely post anything support or opposing much of anything in the Packers organization. Generally for the sheer fact that I don't want people thinking that is the only thing that is acceptable on this site or that is the only thing I want to see here. I am wondering where these posts are 4pack because I can't remember saying anything like that.

Exactly Packin.

12. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I was hoping you wouldn't take it as that, I should of phrased it much better. I should have also changed it, but due to time constraints, I just didn't get the chance. I didn't mean to offend you, and I do hope you continue to post here.

13. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, i knew i shouldn't have said anything because everybody would get upset. but, i recall ryan saying that nobody should be kissing brett's butt - that he's paid millions for what he does - or something like that. unfortunately, on the site if you make 'anti-brett' comments, then you MUST be 'pro-tt'!! it's simply something i noticed a couple of times. as i said in my previous post, it's not a shot at you or anyone else at all - just an observation on my part.

i wish i hadn't said anything. see, everyone can have misunderstandings on the site - it's how you handle them that is what matters & i admit i really forked up this time.

here i've been rolling my eyes over all the drama we've had lately & now i'm part of it - aaaaarrrrgghhh - all my OWN fault!! sorry to everyone & anyone i may have offended. my only excuse is that i have the flu & am heavily drugged up. heh. :cry:

oh & anyone who feels the need to punish me, lemme know. ;)

14. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, no worries 4pack, no need to go blaming it all on yourself.

Just flash Ryan, and I'm sure he'll stop thinking once again.... heck half the members here will stop thinking then..... :wink:

15. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh it's all good 4pack, I did say that but that was you (or whomever) making the correlation to TT :) I never said anything about TT nor do I much care for him either way (pro or anti). Me saying that about Favre should stand alone as a comment I made about Brett. If someone wants to try and tie them together that is their choice I guess, but if they bring it back to me, no where in that post (or any other "editorial" type posts) will you find me supporting/bashing TT.

16. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :shock:

17. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    REAL nice... I can see the posts already...

18. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Anubis,

Glad this was sorted out as your posts are a valuable part of the forum in my opinion !!!

19. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    4packgirl, you need to be taken behind the woodshed :whippin: .

20. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, yoopie - i'm ready when you are!! ;) and again, my apologies to y'all.

21. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm ready and i've got a---------- well you know whats coming!!!

22. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Somebody's gonna get banned...............!! But what a way to go. :whippin: