To me, Favre either needs a 2-3 year plan or retirement.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I know this may sound greedy, but lets be realistic here.

The Packers have come off a 4-12 season. It will be a drastic feat to be able to come back and win the Super Bowl next year. The Pack need to rebuild, but there needs to be a plan. Either with Favre or no Favre. There cannot be a year by year thing right now.

The Packers are in the middle of changes, starting with the firing of Mike Sherman. So here it is. The Packers start rebuilding with Favre telling the organization he will be with them for 2 or 3 years. So in 06 it will put them in position to greatly improve. And 07 or 08 being run for the championship. I don't want the Packers to rebuild this year and improve and be only a couple of steps toward the Super Bowl then have Favre retire and have the team reconstruted with a new QB. When Favre leaves it will be a lot different. But, the Pack either need to make a run for the championship with Favre which will take a couple of years or make a run without him. Just having Favre for one year making it a long shot to win it all and having to rebuild again could push the packers another 2-4 years back.

I want Favre to make the best decision for himself, his family, and the Packers. I really don't want him being forced into something. But, lets be honest here. Are we just wanting to ride the ride or we going to look at the future?

Opinions?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this, in theory, is a good idea. I understand and respect why Brett is having a difficult time with his decision, but learning the fate of your cornerstone position on a year by year basis is very difficult to work with.

I think it'd be VERY difficult to build a championship team, even w/ a 2-3 year commitment, but I'd say it'd be worthwhile IF the Packers could get that commitment from Brett.

If not, then I agree...1 more year of Brett at the helm hurts the process of finding the next qb and rebuilding other key components of the team like the Oline.

Members online

Latest posts